Pre-Pre-Season AFC East Predictions

DoleINGout

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

And do your expectations shift as the season unfolds? Does your attitude change with wins and losses or the fashion in which either comes about?

It didn't shift last year. I mean I wanted them to win but I wasnt edge of my seat have to have this win when the playoffs rolled around. Again, gravy 

nfl 2022

afc south: jaguars/texans/colts/titans

afc east: bills/pats/dolphins/jets

afc north: steelers/browns/ravens/bengals

afc west: raiders/chargers/chiefs/broncos

nfc north: packers/vikings/lions/bears

nfc south: buccaneers/falcons/saints/panthers

nfc west: rams/cardinals/niners/seahawks

nfc east: cowboys/eagles/giants/commanders

This division is going to be a lot more competitive than people think.

I predicted 11-6 on the main thread. Yeah, there are some rough stretches but it's not like Buffalo's schedule is that much easier.

Allen imo is the single most overrated player in the league. He actually regressed last season. His completion percentage dropped 6%, YPA dropped by a full yard and passer rating went from nearly 110 to the low 90's. Those are some pretty noticeable drops. I think people get completely wow'd by his two games in the playoffs, but forget his stinkers against Pittsburgh, Indy and JACKSONVILLE. Buffalo also has a tendency to wilt in crunch time (TB, TEN, round 1 against us and KC...aka the more mentally tough teams). Obviously he can bounce back this upcoming season.

I'm not saying we're going to win the division, but just handing it to Buffalo and acting like they're an unstoppable juggernaut is foolish. They are a lot more beatable than it seems.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

best case 11-6, worst case 7-10. On paper the offense looks better and if you buy into the 2 year learning curve that everyones' been talking about then the O could take a good step forward.  The defense is a different story, I really hope that not addressing the front-7 in UFA or the draft doesn't come back to bite them in the ***...I'm not holding my breath though. 

Edited by silence22

• 3 months later...

There are five teams with higher aggregate starters' ratings than New England and the Pats play only one of them (Green Bay is #1).  They should be underdogs in Buffalo.  They could lose hosting the Bengals on Christmas Eve (or be swept by the Bills).  

New England Patriots:  14-3

Buffalo Bills:  12-5

Miami Dolphins  6-11

New York Jets:  4-13

• Like 1