Top 5 TE to start the 2022 Season

Jeezla

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I guess they'd want a guy who had been primarily a backup before this season over a player who is breaking NFL records. I like Goedert, he's one of the best TE's in the NFL, Waller is just better than him. That's not a diss or a slight to Goedert though at all. 

Darren Waller has had 2 good seasons in the NFL.

Just now, Jeezla said:

So tell me what you saw as far as our scheme and how capable our QB was throwing the ball. Also tell me how many passes our QB averaged per game vs Derek Carr, other QB's that had 1000 yard TE's.

I'm not going to speak in hypotheticals with you my boy.

When Goedert is named a top 100 player by his peers, get back to me.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Darren Waller has had 2 good seasons in the NFL.

And in 2 seasons has been more productive than Goedert in 4 years as a 2nd round pick that got opportunities early. When Goedert makes the top 100 list, let me know.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And in 2 seasons has been more productive than Goedert in 4 years as a 2nd round pick that got opportunities early. When Goedert makes the top 100 list, let me know.

Compared to Wallers first 4 years, Goedert is wrecking him.
2295 after 4 years for Goedert.
1323 for Waller.

Let me know when Waller gets back on that list. We're projecting the future, not holding onto 2019 in this thread.

According to your own logic, Waller didn't get opportunities those first couple years because he wasn't good.

Edited by Jeezla

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Player A: 107 receptions, 1,197 yards, 9 TD

Player B: 102 receptions, 1,354 yards, 7 TD

Waller in one season vs Goedert in 2 seasons, lulz.

This is a stupid way to judge a player. Goedert is the better player and his stats have been cratered by Ertz and bad QB play.

If Goedert played with Carr or Mahomes he would be top 3 without question.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Compared to Wallers first 4 years, Goedert is wrecking him.
2295 after 4 years for Goedert.
1323 for Waller.

You realize that Waller was on the verge of quitting football/potential suicide struggling with drug addiction early on in his career right? He was a 6th round pick on the Ravens practice squad that literally was ready to give up on football because he was in such a dark place. We took a chance on him and he has been more productive than any TE in the NFL outside of Kelce, he's an elite player. Goedert is good but he's not on Waller's level, again that's not a diss on him, he's just not as good. Waller over his two healthy seasons in the NFL has outproduced Goedert who was a 2nd round pick and had every opportunity to play early in his 4 year career. 

It's just like AJ Brown and Devonta Smith, they're good, but they're not close to Davante Adams level. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is a stupid way to judge a player. Goedert is the better player and his stats have been cratered by Ertz and bad QB play.

If Goedert played with Carr or Mahomes he would be top 3 without question.

Get at me when Goedert's a pro bowl player, setting NFL records, and recognized as one of the top 100 players in the NFL by his peers. Until then, I don't want to hear it.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You realize that Waller was on the verge of quitting football/potential suicide struggling with drug addiction early on in his career right? He was a 6th round pick on the Ravens practice squad that literally was ready to give up on football because he was in such a dark place. We took a chance on him and he has been more productive than any TE in the NFL outside of Kelce, he's an elite player. Goedert is good but he's not on Waller's level, again that's not a diss on him, he's just not as good. Waller over his two healthy seasons in the NFL has outproduced Goedert who was a 2nd round pick and had every opportunity to play early in his 4 year career. 

It's just like AJ Brown and Devonta Smith, they're good, but they're not close to Davante Adams level. 

sounds like you're saying there's context as to why a guys #s might be low. For some reason that doesn't apply to Goedert having Zach Ertz in front of him or having a QB that throws 20 times a game, because it destroys your argument, but hey, at least you can admit context exists

Edited by Jeezla

People don't realize just how damn good Goedert is. I'm not even gonna waste my breath getting into an argument over it.

Dude can stretch the seams, has incredible YAC ability, and is an elite blocker.

The only thing that bothers me with his game is some of the easy drops (mainly just last year and 2019).

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

sounds like you're saying there's context as to why a guys #s might be low. For some reason that doesn't apply to Goedert having Zach Ertz in front of him, because it destroys your argument, but hey, at least you can admit context exists

Waller is the second best TE in the NFL, Goedert is very good, Waller is better. We can agree to disagree.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Waller is the second best TE in the NFL, Goedert is very good, Waller is better. We can agree to disagree.

He was. 2 years ago. This thread is about now. Right now. And the future. Waller sucked last year.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

People don't realize just how damn good Goedert is. I'm not even gonna waste my breath getting into an argument over it.

Dude can stretch the seams, has incredible YAC ability, and is an elite blocker.

The only thing that bothers me with his game is some of the easy drops (mainly just last year and 2019).

I like Goedert, he's really good, one of the best in the NFL. I personally just think that Waller is better than him, we can agree to disagree. I know that Goedert is one of the best TE in the league, lol. It's like you being offended that Smith isn't as good as Renfrow or Brown isn't as good as Adams. There's just levels to this game my boy.

Just now, Jeezla said:

He was. 2 years ago. This thread is about now. Right now. And the future. Waller sucked last year.

Waller hurt averaged more ypg than Goedert last season though, we didn't even need him to play when Carr dotted you guys up for like 95% comp, lol.