LP's and DF's--Dallas at Atlanta

HDsportsfan

5 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Uh the object of QB is the throw to the open guy. Throwing to covered guys gets you intercepted and costs games. And when Romo would fire into coverage people would hate on him for his turnovers. Dak takes good care of the ball and picks the open man like a good QB should. No Qb should be throwing jnto coverage. This is the most ignorant statement ive read on this forum in my many years here.

As for Cole. He is a slot receiver. One of the best in the league. He is not a primary. He is not an X or Z and shouldnt be thought of as a focal point of the offense but rather a weapon that can gut a defense if they dont play a coverage that forces him off his game. Like the backpocket butterfly knife

You're missing the point. You're not going to win any games if your QB plays conservatively down multiple scores in the 4th quarter. It's not "Throwing into coverage." When you're down you have to take some shots down the field, try to actually WIN the game. A handful of (not by any means the majority) Dak's completions in this game were just the Falcons giving him the easy underneath stuff at the end of the game, because they knew if he just throws to the wide open guys for minimal gain that there is no chance of them winning that late in the game.

Numbers suggest Cole really isn't anything special. He catches a mediocre 60% of catches thrown to him and for an abysmal 7.6 yards per catch. He's ok, but vastly overrated.

I have to say this... Doug Free spent an entire career sucking.  He earned the right to have this award named after him.  We are talking about a decade of blood, sweat, and tears (ours not his).

Chaz Green thought he could do in one game what took DF an entire career to accomplish.  And, I’ll be damned but Chaz ALMOST succeeded.  Today, he earned the right to take sole possession of the DF award.  No other player on the team is a close second.

That being said, the coaching staff was awful.  Today reminded me why I’ve been been so frustrated with JG in the past.  No adjustments.  And just stupid game management.  

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Soooo...yeah. 

LPs - LMAO!

DFs - Chaz Green/Byron Bell. I love Clayborn. He's a Hawkeye. But, if Adrain Clayborn is looking like Reggie White, there is a problem. Big problem. Green has no business being in NFL. Period.

Green has played well before. We have seen him play well. Do not write him off over one very poor performance. If we did that, guys like Favre would have been erased from history. Steve Hutchinson once gave up 4 sacks. Orlando Pace once gave up 4 also. 

Green didnt play well. In fact he played god awful and never recovered once he lost confidence, and his foot work got worse and worse. His hips were stiff, and he was overpowered at the punch. But we have also seen him do pretty well when given chances before, even stonewalling guys and sealing edges for the run on the off tackle. He can play in the NFL, but he cannot play like he did today and expect to stick around long. He can bounce back from this, we have seen his potential before and I am not in the mindset of writing off guys over a really bad outing. You shouldnt be either.

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I have to say this... Doug Free spent an entire career sucking.  He earned the right to have this award named after him.  We are talking about a decade of blood, sweat, and tears (ours not his).

Chaz Green thought he could do in one game what took DF an entire career to accomplish.  And, I’ll be damned but Chaz ALMOST succeeded.  Today, he earned the right to take sole possession of the DF award.  No other player on the team is a close second.

That being said, the coaching staff was awful.  Today reminded me why I’ve been been so frustrated with JG in the past.  No adjustments.  And just stupid game management.  

Free is another one who gets a bad rap over some bad play at times. His poor play was highlighted in recent years when he was the weak point on a superb line and kept being isolated by defenses, the target to attack and gameplan rushes around. 

But we have also seen him play pretty well. He was at one point the most consistent lineman on a poor line, and when he was not isolated and gameplanned against to use him as a doorway to the QB (when there were other weak points to hit, particularly inside - remember the A gap rushes annihilating Romo?) he held his own consistently.

OL is tricky. If you are good but a weak point, you will look really bad as defenses hit you inside and outside and leave you exposed. Free, at  the end, had a lot of struggles. Always hurt, always playing on a bad leg, and always attacked with the twists, stunts, blitzes, delays, etc making him look terrible. But this team didnt have a dominating line with a player who you all make sound like shouldnt have been in the NFL. He was good at times, bad at others, and just as he was no star he was no scrub either.

I know ill be in the minority. But I stand by this. 

45 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Green has played well before. We have seen him play well. Do not write him off over one very poor performance. If we did that, guys like Favre would have been erased from history. Steve Hutchinson once gave up 4 sacks. Orlando Pace once gave up 4 also. 

Green didnt play well. In fact he played god awful and never recovered once he lost confidence, and his foot work got worse and worse. His hips were stiff, and he was overpowered at the punch. But we have also seen him do pretty well when given chances before, even stonewalling guys and sealing edges for the run on the off tackle. He can play in the NFL, but he cannot play like he did today and expect to stick around long. He can bounce back from this, we have seen his potential before and I am not in the mindset of writing off guys over a really bad outing. You shouldnt be either.

Dude, don't apologize for the guy.  Clayborn is a below average NFL defensive end.  He's a journeyman who has gotten 6 sacks in any year for the past 5 years.  To get 6 in one game is an ish stain on Green, our coaching staff and-possibly our playoff chances.  Green's ineptitude is only rivaled by our coaches' utter stupidity.  If green had any common sense today he would have faked injury.  Given his history, nobody would have questioned it.

57 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Yeah, not buying it. Green is bad...and injury prone. Got whipped, none stop by someone who shouldn't be doing that. 

btw...I do have to backtrack on the LP. Hitch played a hellva game. 

LP.   Sound of crickets.....

we started okay on both sides but.  Dak was making good throws down field But.....

DF.   Game prep coaches. ADAPT when something breaks and when something works KEEP doing it and Green who too quickly lost his way.  Our LB less Lee.  NO WAY should you suck this bad just because Lee is out

54 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Dude, don't apologize for the guy.  Clayborn is a below average NFL defensive end.  He's a journeyman who has gotten 6 sacks in any year for the past 5 years.  To get 6 in one game is an ish stain on Green, our coaching staff and-possibly our playoff chances.  Green's ineptitude is only rivaled by our coaches' utter stupidity.  If green had any common sense today he would have faked injury.  Given his history, nobody would have questioned it.

Not apologizing. He played horrible today and was a major factor in the loss. But dont pretend we have not seen him play well, at both LT for Smith, but also at RT. 

LP.   Sound of crickets.....

we started okay on both sides but.  Dak was making good throws down field But.....

DF.   Game prep coaches. ADAPT when something breaks and when something works KEEP doing it and Green who too quickly lost his way.  Our LB less Lee.  NO WAY should you suck this bad just because Lee is out

You know, this whole thread is an encapsulation of what this team actually is. It is not a "team" at all, rather a small group of talented individuals masking some very poor excuses for football players.

Case in point, we played without our starting LT, RB, LB and we were exposed and abysmal. In every way possible. The drop off from the aforementioned starters to this garbage is a country mile.

Now, and it PAINS me to admit to this, BUT, the Iggles lost the same players at the same positions Peters, Sproles, Hicks. They haven't missed a beat. Not only have they not missed a beat, they have improved!  You can even through Kicker in there as well.

That folks, is the difference between a team and a small group of players that make it work for the other frauds. The Iggles are playing as a team, we are relying WAY tooo much on a handful of individuals to make us competitive.

This falls squarely on the HC, the Gen Manager for not developing solid depth at injury prone positional players and paying certain guys who cannot stay healthy top dollar. We could have used some of that money to grab a quality backup via FA.

With that said, best we could hope for now is 10-6.

This week will be a  loss of epic proportions, again it pains me to say, but take it. Take it all and hope by Thursday next week Lee and Smith are back and we beat SD and have a nice 10 day break.

If that happens we could be 6-5 looking at with Wash, NYG, Oak. Possible  9-5 or 8-6 with Zeke coming back for Sea and Philly. We beat Sea and go 10-5 or 9-6 leaving Philly. They may not need the game and that could get us in the playoffs.

A long shot indeed, but still a shot.

16 hours ago, Danger said:

If I'm being honest, and this is nothing against Cole Beasley, but I think he's severely overrated. I don't know if he's supposed to be your number 2. 

Dak did Dak today. He threw to the open guy(s). It just really does further bring into question in my mind. Is he comfortable throwing into tight coverage?

Exactly. Beasley is a solid possession guy, but he used to be astronomically deadly to opposing defenses in the short game. I think defenses have figured him out, probably dating back to late last season.

Someone called into the radio last night and mentioned speed at the WR spot. Aside from Brice Butler (who is trash), we just have a team full of possession receivers. At some point we're going to need to draft a 4.3 type receiver who you can go over the top to. Williams is fast, but not 4.3 fast. Same with Dez, and he's really just a possession receiver with the occasional deep ball.

Archived