LP's and DF's--Dallas at Atlanta

HDsportsfan

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

I must have missed something. Who flat out blamed Dak. Even tho it was and always will be team based win or loss. But I didn't see where anyone got on DAk for this.

Look at Twitter.

13 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

DF:

Chaz Green/Byron Bell: He needs to be cut.

Coaches: Why would you not help the LT with a RB when you see Claiborne beating him like a drum smh

Clayborne was straight up powering through the blocks. He wasnt utilizing technique or beating his man off the snap. He just out muscled the point of attack. Bell and Green both are technique guys but neither of them are very well known for their punch or ability to to withstand punch. But then again the Falcons isolated the LT and gameplanned to make use of the weakpoint on the lkne

28 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Ive only watched a half so far but you guys are really that down on Dak? Come on. Hes running for his life the entire game so far. Hard to be a star when you are getting beaten up and running for your life all game. All QBs miss a few throws. He made some great drops into coverage when he could (Throw to Butler was priceless), made some plays with his legs when available, and took care of the ball best he could considering he was constantly being blindsided.

Sorry but not buying into the whole blame game on Dak jjst cause hes the QB. He played his heart out and was the only bright spot on the entire team through the 2 1/2 quarters ive watched so far. This is the same nonsense that you guys out Romo through when he couldnt make a miracle happen when his team was playing like trash. Its unfair to the QB to put all the blame and all the hype on just one guy in the ultimate team sport.

I haven't seen a single person in this thread blame Dak?

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

I thought the same thing. Apparently it came from twitter idiots and Clayborn himself said he thought Dak was holding the ball longer than he normally does. I don't know. I didn't think he was holding the ball to long. Ha...he didn't have time to.

As for my opinion on Dak. The only thing that would be a cause for concern for me were I a Cowboys fan is, in the 4th quarter when he was down 2 or 3 scores... He just kept taking those short gains. He didn't really try to go for the W. More or less he was playing not to lose, but it was too late for that. He wasn't BAD, but he was conservative and didn't really take a shot. He threw one GOOD ball today. That was to Brice Butler.

Just now, Danger said:

As for my opinion on Dak. The only thing that would be a cause for concern for me were I a Cowboys fan is, in the 4th quarter when he was down 2 or 3 scores... He just kept taking those short gains. He didn't really try to go for the W. More or less he was playing not to lose, but it was too late for that. He wasn't BAD, but he was conservative and didn't really take a shot. He threw one GOOD ball today. That was to Brice Butler.

To be fair our #1 and #2 receivers were playing hobbled. You can't see the whole field on TV so it's hard to tell if coverage was a factor as well. But Dak was running for his life all day. No time for a deep pass to develop. 

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

To be fair our #1 and #2 receivers were playing hobbled. You can't see the whole field on TV so it's hard to tell if coverage was a factor as well. But Dak was running for his life all day. No time for a deep pass to develop. 

If I'm being honest, and this is nothing against Cole Beasley, but I think he's severely overrated. I don't know if he's supposed to be your number 2. 

Dak did Dak today. He threw to the open guy(s). It just really does further bring into question in my mind. Is he comfortable throwing into tight coverage?

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Between the GD thread and no DFs to "anyone on this team" in this thread, it kind of seemed safe tonassume folks were putting blame on Dak and/or just ignoring that he was the only one balling out.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Between the GD thread and no DFs to "anyone on this team" in this thread, it kind of seemed safe tonassume folks were putting blame on Dak and/or just ignoring that he was the only one balling out.

Read to much into that coach (you meant LP's btw). No win...no LP's. Pretty simple.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

If I'm being honest, and this is nothing against Cole Beasley, but I think he's severely overrated. I don't know if he's supposed to be your number 2. 

Dak did Dak today. He threw to the open guy(s). It just really does further bring into question in my mind. Is he comfortable throwing into tight coverage?

Uh the object of QB is the throw to the open guy. Throwing to covered guys gets you intercepted and costs games. And when Romo would fire into coverage people would hate on him for his turnovers. Dak takes good care of the ball and picks the open man like a good QB should. No Qb should be throwing jnto coverage. This is the most ignorant statement ive read on this forum in my many years here.

As for Cole. He is a slot receiver. One of the best in the league. He is not a primary. He is not an X or Z and shouldnt be thought of as a focal point of the offense but rather a weapon that can gut a defense if they dont play a coverage that forces him off his game. Like the backpocket butterfly knife

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

He wasn't "Balling out" what so ever. He played better than the garbage at LT, but he himself didn't play GOOD. 

Just because no one said he was playing good, doesn't mean they said he played bad. He just couldn't carry the team in any way. I think he'll fair better next week, even if you guys have the same players out. He'll have attuned his mental clock more to what is the status quo. 

Archived