Packers 2022 Schedule

Packerraymond

Hmm, not sure how I'd rank our potential preferences for opening week.

I'd probably have to go on the road at Minny first.  Yeah, it'd be a very tight one if we pulled it out, and maybe we wouldn't.  But I probably like our chances there the best.  As has been said, a new head coach, and an offense one at that.  Yeah, Cousins and Jefferson might have career years this year thanks to O'Connell, but on the flipside, I don't see their defense being any better than last year particularly in the secondary.  If they don't get that fixed, it'll be another no playoff year for them.

Second preference .... Might have to go Buffalo here.  Have not liked going on the road here, and it's only one of three places (other two are Indianapolis, IN and Nashville, TN) where we've never won a game.  But one advantage is for a potential rematch in the SB, we would now know what to expect when game planning for them in that rematch.

Third, I know Washington isn't being looked at as a tough opponent, but we might want to take these guys a bit more seriously on opening day than you might think.  Chase Young will be back along with Daron Payne and several other guys, and if healthy that defense can be a menace as Tom Brady and co found out last year.  And there's no guarantee they'd just go straight to Wentz as their guy, especially if Rivera decides to roll the dice and stay with Heinecke.  I mean ... yeah maybe they do go the usual direction if things turn out like usual, but these guys are a wildcard dark horse team at the moment, and on opening day you never know what kind of surprise they might throw at you.

And my least preferred opponent would be Tampa Bay given that that heat would probably be like last year in Jacksonville around 100 and highly unbearable.  Much as I'd like to knock old man Tom Brady around with our new and improved defensive front, hopefully we get a better chance at that in Lambeau later on.

Edited by LLcheesehead12
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

Christmas falls on a Sunday this year so, many games on the day. I was annoyed they changed the schedule last season for a Saturday game. 

They're only playing three Christmas Day games this year. DEN @ LAR, GB @ MIA, and a TBA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

They're only playing three Christmas Day games this year. DEN @ LAR, GB @ MIA, and a TBA.

Yup, it's been the league's MO as of late when Christmas has fallen on a Sunday to put most the other games on the Saturday of Christmas Eve.  This will make 3 of the last 4 Christmas Sundays though ... 2005 and 2011 vs the Bears, and then this year.  Didn't play on Sunday in 2016 though when we had the Vikes on Christmas Eve Saturday with the rest of the league.

1) Washington, 2) Minnesota, 3) Buffalo, 4) Tampa Bay

WAS - Wentz's first game in Washington. He got off to a slow start last year before hitting his stride before falling apart at the end of the year.

MIN - New coach, new scheme, new players

BUF - I want to play them late in the year--when weather could affect things. We have a better running game. Think the NE vs. BUF game last year.

TB - I can imagine the heat in week 1 will be insufferable. Then again, maybe the Packers will be better used to it. Maybe move them up to #3.

The Vikings would be so perfect from the standpoint of it being Christian Watson's first game, a game against the team that allowed the trade to happen for his arrival in GB. A trade to haunt the Vikings FO from opening day to 10 years from now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

So, assuming the rest of the "leaked" schedule is correct, we can narrow down the road opener to 4 teams: 

1. Vikings
  2. Bucs
  3. Bills
  4. Commanders

Bears are out because we play them Week 2 at home. Also, it was just reported that the Lions and Eagles play Week 1 so they're out. 

My choice: I hope it's the Bills or Commanders. Don't want to start the season against an important division/playoff opponent. 

In 100 degree weather.