Packers 2022 Schedule

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

GB used to have playoff home field advantage....

I mean, ultimately what "playing in cold weather" does in the modern NFL is minimize the impact that a talent discrepancy has (so the less talented team benefits) and affect older QBs more than younger QBs.

So yeah...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, ultimately what "playing in cold weather" does in the modern NFL is minimize the impact that a talent discrepancy has (so the less talented team benefits) and affect older QBs more than younger QBs.

So yeah...

Not to mention the effect it has on receivers

On 5/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, beekay414 said:

So why exactly are we going to both Miami and Tampa? 

Likely because in AFC matches, you always rotate the home and away games every 4 years.  Miami came up here in 2018, so we now have to go there.

And in Tampa's case ... Not totally sure how it works, but since we got the Rams here, the odd man out other NFC opponent which is them had to be on the road.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Likely because in AFC matches, you always rotate the home and away games every 4 years.  Miami came up here in 2018, so we now have to go there.

And in Tampa's case ... Not totally sure how it works, but since we got the Rams here, the odd man out other NFC opponent which is them had to be on the road.

Pretty much the same thing for Tampa. The other three divisions in the NFC cycle between playing the whole division (with its own rotating home/away) playing home against the one who finished in the same place as you, and playing away. Everything is done with maximum parity in mind. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:04 PM, Malfatron said:

11-6 just gut feel based on no analysis

I think that record or at best 12-5 is actually pretty realistic.  I don't believe any team in NFL history has ever posted four 13-win seasons in a row, and while I expect us to win the division again, it's gonna be closer race this year I bet.  Not to mention the offense with its new receivers and possibly absent Tonyan early on is going to have some growing pains probably.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, Old Guy said:

Not trying to be a smart *** but who is the other tough game?

Minny is kind of an unknown.  They're beatable but it's hard to say, and even their mediocre teams have shown up to beat us before.

But I will say out of all the potential bad games we had lined up for week 1, this was probably the least bad of all of them.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:16 AM, Brat&Beer said:

I hope Packers aren't clinging to the myth that depths of winter in Lambeau give them some big advantage. The last 2 years they've lost home playoff games to teams from Florida and California. I do think there may be an advantage to playing at home. But where is the evidence that having cold weather in Lambeau gives the Packers an extra advantage?

It’s time to build a new stadium. Move the team to Milwaukee and build a dome.