Raiders sign WR Keelan Cole

Not a bad signing at this point in the off season. 

If he pushes Edwards though, stick a fork in Edwards as a WR2 going forward. Cole is a nice WR3/4 guy. If Edwards can't beat that, he doesn't need to have any more time used on him. 

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not a bad signing at this point in the off season. 

If he pushes Edwards though, stick a fork in Edwards as a WR2 going forward. Cole is a nice WR3/4 guy. If Edwards can't beat that, he doesn't need to have any more time used on him. 

My thing is isn’t he more of a slot receiver though

Not a bad signing at all especially at this point of the offseason. I don’t view him as someone who can push Edwards. That guy imo is Robinson. Cole is a nice guy that you can move around. How has big play ability. 

• Like 1

Love bringing in quality competition at this point. May not even make the roster but he brings competition to the WE room. 

Adams, Renfrow, Edwards, Robinson, Cole, Hollins, Johnson, Stoner. 

Hollins and Johnson bring ST value. The fight may be between Robinson and Cole. 

I think Robinson may be getting underrated a bit. He was excellent against us a few years ago going for a couple hundred yards if I recall and remember being very impressed watching him pre draft, thinks Ng he has a high ceiling so maybe with a little larger role he can beat Edwards for that #2 outside role.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think Robinson may be getting underrated a bit. He was excellent against us a few years ago going for a couple hundred yards if I recall and remember being very impressed watching him pre draft, thinks Ng he has a high ceiling so maybe with a little larger role he can beat Edwards for that #2 outside role.

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I like how Robinson is a deep threat. Robinson and Cole are in a similar tier, solid vets who can produce. Edwards should start and see more snaps over the two. But if for some reason he flops, we have two vets who will can count on. I think we are 5 deep at the position. Mack Hollins and Tyrod are going be competing for that last spot and special teams role. 

Tyron Johnson is the guy that I'm expecting to surprise people this season if he's given a fair chance to see some playing time. Our WR group is deep though with Adams/Renfrow/Edwards/Robinson basically guaranteed spots and then guys like Cole/Turner/Johnson/Hollins all fighting for spots. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:52 AM, Darbsk said:

everyone was excellent against us a couple years ago lol 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

everyone was excellent against us a couple years ago lol 

Haha, yes you're right sadly ☹️

He may get his chance to prove one way or the other now that Edwards is not on the roster anymore...............