The Jay Gruden Thread

lavar703

On 11/13/2017 at 2:58 PM, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Haha I don’t listen to the local DC radio so I didn’t know what Paulsen’s reputation is. I was hoping it wasn’t that. 

Who are some of the local reporters that you guys like? Who are the morons? I usually like guys like Mike Jones (even though he moved to USA Today) , JP Finely, and John Keim. 

That’s not GRant’s reputation. Grant works for and always has worked for 106.7 The Fan which is not owned by Snyder. The Snyder owned station is Espn 980, but honestly each station is really critical of the front office and has been for years.

Grant & Danny do a segment every day called “Winning off the field,” which obviously mocks Bruce Allen and its hillarious. 

He and Danny also have the only exclusive interview with Cousins the day after every game. I’m sure there is a way you could tune on the Internet.

Does a company who relies on someone else for access to materials and advertisers  have an inherent subserviant bias or relationship based potential conflict of interest? I say yes. Grant may not be all in for Danny and perhaps I was overly harsh on him. But if Danny told players and staff and advertisers that this station was a no go zone would it impact them financially? 

On 11/15/2017 at 1:34 PM, Doc Draper said:

Does a company who relies on someone else for access to materials and advertisers  have an inherent subserviant bias or relationship based potential conflict of interest? I say yes. Grant may not be all in for Danny and perhaps I was overly harsh on him. But if Danny told players and staff and advertisers that this station was a no go zone would it impact them financially? 

106.7 is independent of Dan Snyder. Snyder’s radio station he bought is Espn980. Snyder didn’t like Andy Polin, Tom Loverro or Jason Reid’s criticism of him, Allen and RG3 so he had them all fired/not re-signed to ESPN980.

That won’t happen to Grant Paulsen, the Junkies, Craig Hoffman, Chris russell or Chad Dukes on 106.7 the Fan.

Just now, turtle28 said:

No. He should get a damn medal for having the team be as competitive as it is considering all the injuries.

Nope. Wasted challenge wiped away timeout.

Never has team prepared. Worst clock management and situational awareness I'v ever seen. Gruden's teams find a way to crap away games like this. 

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nope. Wasted challenge wiped away timeout.

Never has team prepared. Worst clock management and situational awareness I'v ever seen. Gruden's teams find a way to crap away games like this. 

Always? Don’t think so, that’s an exaggeration. We’ve won close games a lot but not everyone no, that’s true. We’re bever going to win every close game but do win some. We have a lot of injuries and one of the youngest teams in the league, the best days are infront of us w/ the current coaching staff and cousins at the helm.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Always? Don’t tell think so. We’ve won close games a lot but not everyone no, that’s true. We’re bever going to win every close game but do win some. We have a lot of injuries and one of the youngest teams in the league, the best days are infront of us w/ the current coaching staff and cousins at the helm.

This is year four. We've seen the best Jay has to offer. Unless we've decided to put ourselves in a Marvin Lewis situation? 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is year four. We've seen the best Jay has to offer. Unless we've decided to put ourselves in a Marvin Lewis situation? 

But the team is making mistakes mostly because of youth and injuries. Some of it is Jay or Manusky, but a lot of it is a player making just 1 mistake and often times that player in only in his 1st or 2nd year or 1st year in dc. Not every single ply call is going to work out and the players are usually the reason why.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But the team is making mistakes mostly because of youth and injuries. Some of it is jay, but a lot of it is a player making just 1 mistake and often times that player in only in his 1st or 2nd year or 1st year in dc.

Who's coaching those players? You can't lose games like today when you're nearing the end of year four of a tenure that's seen one playoff berth. Do you really think one more year of undisciplined football is going to bring about a winning team? Do you know how pathetic it is that we had a false start on a field goal today? By a friggin defensive lineman no less. This team is a joke when it matters. All of the other stuff means nothing if you ultimately end up losing the game.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Who's coaching those players? You can't lose games like today when you're nearing the end of year four of a tenure that's seen one playoff berth. Do you really think one more year of undisciplined football is going to bring about a winning team? Do you know how pathetic it is that we had a false start on a field goal today? By a friggin defensive lineman no less. This team is a joke when it matters. All of the other stuff means nothing if you ultimately end up losing the game.

I think another year of chemistry and development between Kirk, Doctson, Crowder, Harris, Grant, Sprinkle and hopefully Quick is back too will be huge and really improve our offense.

I think Perine will improve as he gets more touches and we’ll find a back who is over 200 but under 220 who’s a good mix beteeen Perine and Thompson and that will help.

I think another year of development for Smith, Allen, Ioannidis, Anderson, Spaight, JHC, Fuller, Moreau, Everett and Nicholson will be huge for our defense plus we’ll add a few young talents via the draft on offense and defense again this draft!

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think another year of chemistry and development between Kirk, Doctson, Crowder, Harris, Grant, Sprinkle and hopefully Quick is back too will be huge and really improve our offense.

I think Perine will improve as he gets more touches and we’ll find a back who is over 200 but under 220 who’s a good mix beteeen Perine and Thompson and that will help.

I think another year of development for Smith, Allen, Ioannidis, Anderson, Spaight, JHC, Fuller, Moreau, Everett and Nicholson will be huge for our defense plus we’ll add a few young talents via the draft on offense and defense again this draft!

Yeah, I don't see it. 

Archived