The Jay Gruden Thread

lavar703

rightly so. You cant prevent all injuries, but you can make sure you get your body shape and our team is so terrible at conditioning with no standards imposed from management. 

A large number of guys just quit yesterday and thats on the Head coach and GM.  

18 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Also dj questioned gruden practice last week 

He also questioned after the Vikings game. The current article from yesterday is at: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/12/10/d-j-swearinger-redskins-have-a-practice-problem/

A comment from Jay from his presser after the game about getting prepared - 

You know, you’ve got a short walkthrough on Tuesday, you have a walkthrough Wednesday, you have practice Wednesday afternoon, you watch practice, you watch the walkthrough, and you have practice Thursday and Friday and there’s not much more we can do from a preparation standpoint

I don't like the tone of that statement. The HC has the perfect plan in place so there's nothing else to do. 

1 hour ago, SeattleSkin said:

He also questioned after the Vikings game. The current article from yesterday is at: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/12/10/d-j-swearinger-redskins-have-a-practice-problem/

I don't like the tone of that statement. The HC has the perfect plan in place so there's nothing else to do. 

I don’t even think we have enough healthy guys to have a full practice. 

Even though there wasn't a realistic chance of mounting a comeback, at least reward the guys with a shot at the 2-point conversion. It's only 1 play. If they don't make who cares? Does 30 to 12 sound a lot worse than 30 to 13? And if they did make it - Lord knows Rose could use the onsides kick practice. His reasoning of not going for a 2 pointer being , 'All I was thinking about was getting on a plane and getting ready for AZ.'

That's a coach who has no faith in his players; maybe deservedly so but it's also saying, 'I quit'. 

As far as how he looks on the sideline, I don't know;. 'I'm a sad Panda' comes to mind...

On 12/11/2017 at 8:35 PM, SeattleSkin said:

It’s an interesting comment by Swearinger since he blew the coverage on the TD given up over top of Norman. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s an interesting comment by Swearinger since he blew the coverage on the TD given up over top of Norman. 

He's being asked to play out of position. Honestly the whole thing with FS is getting out of hand now. Sean Taylor died ten years ago and ever since they've trying to take corners and strong safety's and play them at free. It's ridiculous. 

That's why I'm 100% okay with taking Derwin James if he's there and then trading back up for one of the NT available. James is a game changer and he's immediately push Swearinger back to his natural position and then Nicholson would create awesome depth at the position. I know @MKnight82doesn't agree with safety in the first round but James is a different kind of talent. For my money, he's better than Fitzpatrick.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He's being asked to play out of position. Honestly the whole thing with FS is getting out of hand now. Sean Taylor died ten years ago and ever since they've trying to take corners and strong safety's and play them at free. It's ridiculous. 

That's why I'm 100% okay with taking Derwin James if he's there and then trading back up for one of the NT available. James is a game changer and he's immediately push Swearinger back to his natural position and then Nicholson would create awesome depth at the position. I know @MKnight82doesn't agree with safety in the first round but James is a different kind of talent. For my money, he's better than Fitzpatrick.

Nicholson has looked great at FS.  Derwin James is a SS not a FS.  He gets compared to Kam Chancellor.

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

But that’s not Swearinger’s problem. It’s not that he couldn’t do the job, it’s that he vacates his responsibilities in the deep part of the field to try and go and undercut shorter routes to get an int and when he does that he exposes his corners to get beat deep. So, it’s not that Swearinger can’t play deep, it’s that he has made mistakes as a deep safety because he’s gambling too much.

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Nicholson has looked great at FS.  Derwin James is a SS not a FS.  He gets compared to Kam Chancellor.

Nicholson has looked great when healthy but I think we should take BPA in a position we could use an upgrade at and eventhough our S position has been better when Nicholson and Swearinger were out there together, neither player are elite. If James is the best player on the board, we should take him. Just like we don’t necessarily “need” Arden Key the OLB from LSU or Harold Landry from Boston College but if they’re the BPA we should take him.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Nicholson has looked great when healthy but I think we should take BPA in a position we could use an upgrade at and eventhough our S position has been better when Nicholson and Swearinger were out there together, neither player are elite. If James is the best player on the board, we should take him. Just like we don’t necessarily “need” Arden Key the OLB from LSU or Harold Landry from Boston College but if they’re the BPA we should take him.

But James is a SS.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

But James is a SS.

Sure. 

James’ best position may be SS at the next level but he has a ton of talent and many believe he could play FS as well in the slot. He has an incredible amount of versatility and ability to play multiple positions.

having a photographic memory, turtle you have written several times there we don’t have a strong or free safety- they play interchangeably. I thought it was wrong when you wrote it then and now. 

None of this matters much really as it’s talking about having dandruff when your in septic shock- meaning with Allen ( running things) and Gruden as head coach it just doesn’t matter

just look at the rams or even the 49ers. Both head coaches were with us and ours is much much worse. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Sure. 

James’ best position may be SS at the next level but he has a ton of talent and many believe he could play FS as well in the slot. He has an incredible amount of versatility and ability to play multiple positions.

This is silly.  You know we don’t need another SS.  You know we don’t need a first round safety.

Archived