Bears add Pettis and Sharpe

dll2000

6 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I think if anything this draft showed the Poles will most likely not trade picks for players. He wants all the draft assets he can get.

I think as much as he would want to address every need in the draft it won't always be possible.

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think as much as he would want to address every need in the draft it won't always be possible.

I totally agree with this point and that is why I believe he is trying to position himself for a much more productive 2023 FA period.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I totally agree with this point and that is why I believe he is trying to position himself for a much more productive 2023 FA period.

Yes by doing it in FA not by trading away draft picks and Madmike is saying.

14 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

That remains to be seen, but you can’t just totally sit on a giant pile of cash.   You will have to spend some.   Though Patriots did actually do that for awhile a few years back.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Yes by doing it in FA not by trading away draft picks and Madmike is saying.

I think it is all about the draft pick...we shouldn't be trading any kind of high picks away but if you can get a starting calibre young, cheap and talented WR for a 5th or later I think it makes sense to do that given our current room.

Chicago gives Pettis another opportunity

Now Pettis has another shot at resurrecting his career. Poles hopes that Pettis understands that this might be his final chance at proving that he is a receiver who can really contribute to an offense’s success.

Pettis has the tools to be a great target for quarterback Justin Fields. He has blistering speed. He recorded a 4.32-40 at the NFL Combine. With speedsters Mooney and Jones also on the field, that gives the Bears some serious speed mismatches against opposing defenses.

Additionally, Pettis runs good routes. He is crisp and has the footwork to create separation. His skills help put defenses on their toes. Defensive backs have to protect from his deep speed, but he could go out fast, then cut and leave the defense in his dust. He averages 14.2 yards per reception so he can make some big plays. That helps a great deal in Fields’ development.

Pettis also has the size you want in a receiver. He is 6-foot-1 and weighs 195 pounds. His size/speed combination is very attractive. He fits the mold that Poles and head coach Matt Eberflus look for in their players — he has size, speed, athleticism, and, now that his back is against the wall, the motivation to do whatever it takes to stay in the league.

With all of the additions Poles made this offseason, signing Pettis might be the best one. Hopefully, Pettis ends up being good for Fields and the Chicago Bears.

https://fullpresscoverage.com/2022/05/16/chicago-bears-dante-pettis-hoping-to-resurrect-career/

With all of the additions Poles made this offseason, signing Pettis might be the best one. Hopefully, Pettis ends up being good for Fields and the Chicago Bears

That's not very encouraging. 🤣

7 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Doesn't have any background music but this shows his route running and seperation abilities.

Let's call for what it is....Pettis is a jag and showing him beating other jags in a 1 minute cherry picked "highlight video" (with the majority of them from 4 years ago with SF/Shanny) doesn't change this.

List of defenders shown in this "highlight" video;   Man coverage against a broken down version of AJ Bouye.  Former 1st rd pick and current bust, Mike Hughes, playing in his first NFL game.  Former 2nd rd bust Teez Tabor.  Former 3rd rd bust Isaac Yiadom.  The recently overpaid Shaq Griffen.  36 year old Brent Grimes. One on One with Troy Hill in the EZ that was incomplete and Hill had inside leverage the whole time (not even sure why this was shown--filler I guess). Beating a fringe player (CJ Goodwin) in a week 1 preseason game is now considered a highlight ladies and gentleman lol.