Raiders trade for QB Jarrett Stidham

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Panthers, Jets, Seahawks, Steelers, Commanders, and Dolphins off the top of my head. 

Their starter on day 1 goes down, they might actually improve lol

He did not set the world on fire but Heinicke can keep the ship afloat.  He will need some help but he took over last year and went 7-8 as a starter.

15 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He did not set the world on fire but Heinicke can keep the ship afloat.  He will need some help but he took over last year and went 7-8 as a starter.

I like Heinicke as a backup. Top quality backup. But I think Sam Howell winds up being better if he actually progresses. Higher ceiling, fwiw.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I like Heinicke as a backup. Top quality backup. But I think Sam Howell winds up being better if he actually progresses. Higher ceiling, fwiw.

I could not tell you who would be better vut I do not think there season goes down the drain if Wentz goes down.  It will be tough but they still have a shot.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:55 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah if Wentz gets hurt I think they'll roll with Howell.

Cracks me up that on that list were at least 2 rookies.... now, I’m not gonna sit here and say that said rookies don’t have higher upside/ potential, but they’re rookies nonetheless. Nuff said, and of course you included your boy love, who didn’t look so hot last preseason (again, not saying he doesn’t have upside or won’t improve) however, your bias towards the guys you like is pretty obvious. I’ll never forget how much of a “beta” Herbert was. Do I like our Qb depth this year as much as last year? Cmon man! Lol! My bad, technically you listed 4 rookies. 

Edited by Devilshark69

On 5/13/2022 at 3:43 PM, BayRaider said:

A quick look at the backup QB situation in the NFL:

Better backup QB situation than the Raiders:

49ers (Nate Sudfield)

Cardinals (Colt McCoy)

Seahawks (Your pick of Geno or Lock)

Falcons (Desmond Ridder)

Ravens (Tyler Huntley)

Bills (Case Keenum)

Panthers (Darnold or Corral, take your pick. Neither are starting QB caliber in the NFL but both are QB2's)

Cincinatti Bengals (Brandon Allen)

Dallas Cowboys (Cooper Rush)

Denver Broncos (Brett Rypien)

Green Bay Packers (Jordan Love)

Indianapolis Colts (Sam Ehlinger)

Chiefs (Chad Henne)

Dolphins (Teddy Bridgewater)

Vikings (Kellen Mond)

Saints (Andy Dalton)

Giants (Tyrod Taylor)

Jets (Mike White)

Eagles (Gardner Minshew)

Steelers (Trubisy or Pickett)

Titans (Malik Willis)

Chargers (Chase Daniel)

Washington (Taylor Heinicke AND Sam Howell, maybe the best backup situation in the NFL)

That's at least 23 teams with a much better backup QB situation and all legit QB2's. 

The other 9 teams, including the Raiders, are basically going all in on their QB staying healthy, which I am not a fan of. And we are the only team in the AFCW without a legit backup. If Carr goes down more than one game, we are not making the playoffs.

Mullens is a QB3, Stidham is a BORDERLINE QB3 (barely rosterable), and Garrett is not rosterable. 

The only backups I'd probably take over our current situation are Heinickie, Trubisky, Minshew, Taylor, Dalton, and Bridgewater.