Way Too Early WR Wish List for 2023

Bigbear72

Who would you like to see the Bears draft at WR next year? I know it's too early and the season hasn't played out yet but if it goes like most of us suspect it will, who is your favorite? For me it's one of these guys:

Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba

USATSI_17440125.jpg

LSU WR Kayshon Boutte

74d820b3cec84a0da99f1bcd67f71d85.jpg

Pitt WR Jordan Addison

1362009373.jpg

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Wow that is way earlier than I anticipated. Sounds like the Fields "doubt" is creepin' in.

Nah, I just want the 'generational' talent for once.   He isn't even in college yet I don't think.

Personally Im going to see if Mooney lives up to what I believe he is this year, before I start opining for the Top WRs in next years class, because if he is a stud, and Pringle/Kmet are decent compliments to him (who will all be compliments to the Running Game) then Im not going to be pressing for an early WR, especially with a TON of talent in this years draft, and some likely QB desperate Teams, with some real options in the 2023 class  unlike this year

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You draft on potential.  Its all projection.

His potential is quite high.

His potential as a college player is high...

His current potential as an NFL player is non-existent until he plays a few years in college.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

His potential as a college player is high...

His current potential as an NFL player is non-existent until he plays a few years in college.

You haven't watched him play have you?  Do it and get back to me.  He is a lot better than Peyton or Eli at same age and has had benefit of their tutelage and that of his grandfather.    

He will be presumed no. 1 pick minute he steps on campus until he is eligible for draft.  

Will he succeed in college? - almost certainly.  He is really good and will go to a top program.   Maybe he doesn't start as true freshman or struggles his first year, but i don't think that changes anything by 3rd or 4th year.    He is a Manning he probably stays all 4 years, they are big believers in it.   

Will he succeed in pros?  A bit of question mark, but he is going no. 1 overall regardless and teams will be tanking to get him.   Book it.

5 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Wow that is way earlier than I anticipated. Sounds like the Fields "doubt" is creepin' in.

Nope. Trade Fields for 23 1st rounders and then get Brady 2.0 for 20 years. Just reasonable expectations like that. 

• Like 1