Way Too Early WR Wish List for 2023

Bigbear72

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Nope. Trade Fields for 23 1st rounders and then get Brady 2.0 for 20 years. Just reasonable expectations like that. 

I like the idea of 23 1st rounders and I am on board with that plan, but Brady 2.0 for 20 years is stretching it a bit don't you think. I believe 18 years is a lot more feasible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

I like the idea of 23 1st rounders and I am on board with that plan, but Brady 2.0 for 20 years is stretching it a bit don't you think. I believe 18 years is a lot more feasible.

Fair enough. Taller Drew Brees with Cutlers arm strength? Less egotistical Aaron Rodgers? Mahomes without the Kermit voice and terrible gf and brother?

Take your pick. All are reasonable second options IMO. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Fair enough. Taller Drew Brees with Cutlers arm strength? Less egotistical Aaron Rodgers? Mahomes without the Kermit voice and terrible gf and brother?

Take your pick. All are reasonable second options IMO. 

If we take Mahomes without the Kermit voice and terrible gf and brother does it cancel out the original Mahomes? A world that is without a Mahomes with a Kermit voice is one that I want to live in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You haven't watched him play have you?  Do it and get back to me.  He is a lot better than Peyton or Eli at same age and has had benefit of their tutelage and that of his grandfather.    

He will be presumed no. 1 pick minute he steps on campus until he is eligible for draft.  

Will he succeed in college? - almost certainly.  He is really good and will go to a top program.   Maybe he doesn't start as true freshman or struggles his first year, but i don't think that changes anything by 3rd or 4th year.    He is a Manning he probably stays all 4 years, they are big believers in it.   

Will he succeed in pros?  A bit of question mark, but he is going no. 1 overall regardless and teams will be tanking to get him.   Book it.

I've seen him play...against high schoolers...just like I have seen a ton of top HS prospects play and dominate before...college is a very different thing...like I said I feel he will succeed in college but it is a ridiculous statement to say anyone will be the #1 overall pick in the draft before they even play a college snap.

8 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

If we take Mahomes without the Kermit voice and terrible gf and brother does it cancel out the original Mahomes? A world that is without a Mahomes with a Kermit voice is one that I want to live in.

No. In all words there is light and dark. Both are needed for either to exist. 

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Topic: What college receivers do you like in the 2023 draft?

@dll2000: Well, this one quarterback looks pretty ******* good in 2026 if Fields sucks!

Well if Fields converts to WR and we put Lamar Jackson at HB where he belongs then Manning is gonna have some crazy tools to work with. 

• Like 1

I was listening to Bears All Access today where they spoke with Ian Cunningham and he made the point that they are very tied to scheme in their evaluations so I would expect some bigger, taller deep ball threats and some bigger, thicker guys to run those slants and crossing routes...

Taller Deep Threats...

Quentin Johnston...6-3" 213lbs...TCU

Cedric Tillman...6-3" 215lbs...Tennessee

Dontay Demus...6-3" 215lbs...Maryland

AT Perry...6-5" 208lbs...Wake Forest

Keytaon Thompson...6-3" 218lbs...Virginia

Bru McCoy...6-3" 220lbs...Tennessee

Thicker Slant Runners...

Rakim Jarrett...5-11" 190lbs...Maryland

Xavier Hutchinson...6-3" 210lbs...Iowa State

Chris Autman-Bell...6-1" 215lbs...Minnesota

Jonathan Mingo...6-1" 225lbs...Ole Miss

Well some of you wanted Landry.   Bears passed on Landry who went for just a $3M cap hit, actual money appears to be tied to a lot of incentives.   I didn't want him at premium, but I could live with him at that bargain price.