Texans off-season thread

ET80

Just some other Texan related cuts:

• Xavier Suk'a Fila - suckage confirmed
  • John Simon - should have learned from AJ that going to the Colts is a BAD career move
  • Devier Posey - guess that Grey Cup MVP doesn't quite count as a comeback
  • Corey Coleman - Fuller looking pretty good amongst 2016 1st round class of Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell
  • Garrett Gilbert/ Kyle Allen - so Texans QB #4 and 2nd half starter vs Pitt last year Tyler Heinicke is backing up former MVP
  • Robert Nelson - remember when he was gunna be the next Bouye?

8 hours ago, mse326 said:

I'd rather Bo Scarborough. Loved him at Bama and Cowboys were dumb to cut him.

I loved him at 'Bama too, but wonder how much of his game was predicated on that monster Alabama OL. 

I really don't expect anything from our run game no matter who would be brought in - the OL is an issue, but none of our RBs are anything special. We really have to consider drafting a guy very high, even if D'Onta Foreman comes back and looks like he's returned to form (which is highly unlikely in itself - his injury is a death sentence, given his position).

Tevin Coleman is a FA, as long as he doesn't expect franchise RB money (which he'll be looking for, actually) he would probably be a great pickup. Mark Ingram will be on his way out in New Orleans after this season as well - he had some big moments for the Saints over the last two seasons, but is a suspension risk - so he's a potential add to this unit as well. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I loved him at 'Bama too, but wonder how much of his game was predicated on that monster Alabama OL. 

I really don't expect anything from our run game no matter who would be brought in - the OL is an issue, but none of our RBs are anything special. We really have to consider drafting a guy very high, even if D'Onta Foreman comes back and looks like he's returned to form (which is highly unlikely in itself - his injury is a death sentence, given his position).

Tevin Coleman is a FA, as long as he doesn't expect franchise RB money (which he'll be looking for, actually) he would probably be a great pickup. Mark Ingram will be on his way out in New Orleans after this season as well - he had some big moments for the Saints over the last two seasons, but is a suspension risk - so he's a potential add to this unit as well. 

I don't expect Bo to be the answer at #1 or anything, but he is a freaking mac truck. We need a true inside running presence and someone that can get the job done in goal line and short yardage.

Archived