Texans off-season thread

ET80

We need to bring back Chris clark right?

Maybe not as a starter, but I dont see a better option as a swing tackle. Same with Jeff Allen

I wouldnt be shocked to see our O-Line look something like FA/FA/Martin/Allen/Clark with Mancz and Davenport as our 2 game day back ups. 

what the heck, why not break the bank and sign Solder and Norvell. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah i googled it after i replied. I dont remember them doing this, but this is good news for us. 3 3rd round picks makes it really easy to move up into the 2nd round, but even in round 3 we should be getting 3 guys that make the team and push for playing time. We have to be thinking RB with one of those picks. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

would anyone give the Seahawks back their 2019 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas?

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I would.  Seahawks would probably ask for more than a 2019 2nd for him.

I actually think the market for him will be less than we think. It's clear Thomas isn't part of their plans in Seattle, and he's had a few big injuries to account for. They're rebuilding that secondary, with Sherman on his way out as well.

I think a 3rd in 2019 is actually fair value for him. Add in a sweetener from this draft - say a 5th - and you'd probably be close to a deal (maybe throw in Braxton Miller for good measure - he'd probably be competing for the #2 job alongside Tyler Lockett).

I'm not sure his value. Hes not played 16 games the last 2 seasons and he is in the final year of his contract. I dont know what might change with a trade, but i would be willing to take the 10 million cap hit and hopefully resign him. he would be the best texans safety ever from day 1 

here's a mock i read from someone who thinks the Texans should take 3 offensive linemen in the 3rd round.

68th - Tackle Tyrell Crosby Oregon
80th - Guard Braden Smith Auburn 
98th - Tackle Jamarco Jones Ohio State

I dont know much about those guys, but i wouldn't be opposed to adding 3 linemen in round 3. Especially if we bring back Clark for a season and sign at least 1 top rated free agent linemen

Archived