Texans off-season thread

ET80

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

68th - Tackle Tyrell Crosby Oregon

I like Crosby a lot - would actually endorse trading up into the mid to late 2nd round to get him (he looked really good at the Senior Bowl, which upped his stock a bit).

Browns just traded for Jarvis Landry. They need to draft Barkley at 1 and take a QB at 4.....heck trade back up to 3 with the colts and get the guy you want. the colts are going to either trade the pick or take a non QB, so its possible to at worst get Barkley and your number 2 pick at QB, maybe still get your one. They would have a solid rebuild going on offense. I think they have a solid Line.

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Browns just traded for Jarvis Landry. They need to draft Barkley at 1 and take a QB at 4.....heck trade back up to 3 with the colts and get the guy you want. the colts are going to either trade the pick or take a non QB, so its possible to at worst get Barkley and your number 2 pick at QB, maybe still get your one. They would have a solid rebuild going on offense. I think they have a solid Line.

Traded for Tyrod too, so they're probably go with Barkley at 1 and Allen at 4 - go with a Tyrod/Barkley RPO, with short passing with Landry, Njoku and Coleman. 

That's actually an offense that can win games. Todd Haley can get that to work.

There's talk that the Browns trade the 4 to Buffalo for their two firsts and select Lamar Jackson with 22. If I'm the Browns, I don't do that - but that would be a Madden offense if I've ever seen one.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Traded for Tyrod too, so they're probably go with Barkley at 1 and Allen at 4 - go with a Tyrod/Barkley RPO, with short passing with Landry, Njoku and Coleman. 

That's actually an offense that can win games. Todd Haley can get that to work.

I was thinking they might be in love with Jackson and plan on taking him late 1st round and letting him develop behind Taylor. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I was thinking they might be in love with Jackson and plan on taking him late 1st round and letting him develop behind Taylor. 

I don't think you'd take Lamar at 4. Trade with Buffalo, pick him at 22 - but Cleveland can't do that given their QB history (specifically at pick 22 - Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel were both picked at 22).

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Richard Sherman's first visit is with the 49ers and "there's a real chance it's his last."

The 49ers reportedly "want to make sure" Sherman is healing from his Achilles' injury and if it's going well they will try and get a contract done. Sherman has also received "preliminary interest" from the Titans, Lions, Raiders, Texans, Bucs, and Packers. The 49ers are a rapidly improving team with plenty of cap space. They also play a similar defensive scheme to Seattle under DC Robert Saleh and will get to match up against Sherman's former team twice a year.This seems to be nearly a perfect match and as long as the 49ers deem his rehab to be going well they will probably strike a deal today.

Also in re: Earl Thomas trade

I think Seattle is looking for 1st round equivalent value.

I think 3-80 (Seattle's original pick) + Houston's 2019 2nd + WR Braxton Miller or DL Carlos Watkins gets the deal done.

It might seem like a lot, but I think we have a small window to take a shot at getting a Lombardi.

A player like Thomas helps us toward that immediate goal.

I would normally be opposed to including Watkins, but Dunn played well at NT plus Blackson contributed as a DE

If Watt, Covington, & Heath come back healthy, we have a little extra on DL IMHO

51 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Also in re: Earl Thomas trade

I think Seattle is looking for 1st round equivalent value

Pass, then. Guy had two injury riddled seasons, openly contemplated retirement - I think he'd be a good add, but nowhere near a 1st round-ish haul. 

4th, 3rd next year, Braxton Miller. If not, no deal.

27 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

No way in heck I see McNair signing off of Gaine getting Sherman.  Sucks because I wouldnt mind him.  I know @EliteTexan80would like him here too.

Eh...that ankle injury scares me. It's basically a death sentence for a skill position player (same injury Donta Foreman had).

Going for Sherman now reminds me of going for Ed Reed. Made sense on paper, but he might be done. No need to pay for that.

6 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Eh...that ankle injury scares me. It's basically a death sentence for a skill position player (same injury Donta Foreman had).

Going for Sherman now reminds me of going for Ed Reed. Made sense on paper, but he might be done. No need to pay for that.

Not an issue.  Signed with SF for 3 yrs

47 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Screw Thomas, go after honey badger. Younger and more versatile at this point. He would help us in the slot which is where we continuously struggle 

That's my take as well, he's more versatile and a bigger playmaker overall. If the Cardinals want 1st round value for him, give it to 'em.

Archived