Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy arrested

Blackstar12

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

DeVonta, Jameson or Metchie which of you is next?

At some point we need to talk about Alambama players 'not being ready for real life' once they get to the league. There is quite the track record there from Alabama players getting arrested, drug charges, alcohol abuse, domestic issues and behavioral problems. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Roll tide

I'm going to need someone to explain to me what a "domestic violence enhancer" is.

According to a tweet from a team reporter, it sounds like he took something of value (personal item) from somebody else that is valuable enough to spark violence. So it sounds like he stole/took something from somebody and hes not giving it back.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Can't believe they thought a team located in Colorado was a good idea.

But no seriously... From a football standpoint this doesn't seem like a big deal. Don't imagine there is a suspension coming down from what appears to be a minor charge and may get lowered even more

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Saban sure has a great track record with turning out high character guys don't he? 

Not a Broncos or Bama fan but I don't think you can really blame Saban for the actions of grown men making their own decisions. The only time he could even be remotely tied into it is if it happened during their time at Alabama. 

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Not a Broncos or Bama fan but I don't think you can really blame Saban for the actions of grown men making their own decisions. The only time he could even be remotely tied into it is if it happened during their time at Alabama. 

Yeah but there is such thing as prepping your players to be men. Its not Sabans fault at the end of the day--but at the same time he has a obligation to build players character and prepare them for life after school. Thats part of their recruitment process to get players to play there.

You dont see this happening at other major universities. For example, Ohio St. who has the same amount of players in the NFL as Alabama you dont generally hear a peep about off the field. I can say that tOSU preaches a ton about growth, development and preparation for the real world with a great education post-football. They even have classes for student athletes called 'Real Life Wednesdays' where they teach these types of things and how to prepare you for life after college. They use 'development of young men with post-graduation support' as a selling point to recruits.

Its not the coaches fault, but some schools I am willing to bet go further to teach young men values/morals/development than others do. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

In principle, I don’t disagree - but Saban basically runs the city of Tuscaloosa, AL. If things happen, he’s got the connections to make any minor infraction turn into a simple “don’t do that again, young man” speech.

Mack Brown has a similar pull in Austin  back when he was HC of the Longhorns - nothing ever turned into anything more than a finger shake and a chat with the ol’ ball coach after a bad night out.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Michael Jackson Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

In Caserio I trust. Everyone else is going to blow it up with holy water, so might as well back the guy who looks at football like the stock market…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

In principle, I don’t disagree - but Saban basically runs the city of Tuscaloosa, AL. If things happen, he’s got the connections to make any minor infraction turn into a simple “don’t do that again, young man” speech.

Mack Brown has a similar pull in Austin  back when he was HC of the Longhorns - nothing ever turned into anything more than a finger shake and a chat with the ol’ ball coach after a bad night out.

I'm not suggesting that these guys don't play a role in developing them as people. I just won't hold someone accountable for the actions of an adult, especially after they've left the sphere of influence of that mentor. Jeudy has been in Denver for the past 2 years. That's no longer on Saban (or anyone else) IMO. 

However, I do think @AkronsWitnessmakes a great point about the development programs being offered at these different schools. I have no idea if something similar is being offered at Alabama. 

• Like 1