Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy arrested

Blackstar12

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not suggesting that these guys don't play a role in developing them as people. I just won't hold someone accountable for the actions of an adult, especially after they've left the sphere of influence of that mentor. Jeudy has been in Denver for the past 2 years. That's no longer on Saban (or anyone else) IMO. 

However, I do think @AkronsWitnessmakes a great point about the development programs being offered at these different schools. I have no idea if something similar is being offered at Alabama. 

Aha - gotcha, agree on this front.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Roll tide

I'm going to need someone to explain to me what a "domestic violence enhancer" is.

It just means that he is or was in an intimate partner relationship with the alleged victim and (presumably) that the offense was intended to harass, intimidate, retaliate, etc. within the context of that relationship. He could get a more substantial (“enhanced”) penalty based on that aggravating factor.

The more confusing question is what the hell “criminal tampering” is, largely because the Colorado statute commits one of my biggest legal pet peeves: the only definition of the offense just repeats the word included in the name of the offense. So the way you commit criminal tampering is…you guessed it…by “tampering” with something.

My best guess is that he did something like slash (or let the air out of) his ex’s tires or…upper-decked her toilet? It’s kinda hard to come up with actions that constitute “tampering” with property but also don’t rise to the level of actually damaging or destroying said property (which CO classifies as “criminal mischief,” and which one would have to imagine is the far more common charge). 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

Really hoping for a long suspension to send a message that these unknown crimes are just not tolerable.

So, without even knowing the circumstance you want a long punishment for him....and yet you let Frank Clark walk around your city ....nice !!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

So, without even knowing the circumstance you want a long punishment for him....and yet you let Frank Clark walk around your city ....nice !!

Frank Clark should be in prison given the last two years of production.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Frank Clark should be in prison given the last two years of production.

I mean between Clark, Hunt, Hill, Breeland, Gordon and Bienemy the Cheifs might as well have the Mean Machine uniforms as their Color Rush.

Its almost like they are the Alabama of the NFL 😉

Edited by AkronsWitness

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

My best guess is that he did something like slash (or let the air out of) his ex’s tires or…upper-decked her toilet? It’s kinda hard to come up with actions that constitute “tampering” with property but also don’t rise to the level of actually damaging or destroying said property (which CO classifies as “criminal mischief,” and which one would have to imagine is the far more common charge). 

iirc this charge is very common for when someone takes someone else's phone away and smashes it or refuses to give it back.

19 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

iirc this charge is very common for when someone takes someone else's phone away and smashes it or refuses to give it back.

Interesting, thanks for that insight. 

Seems odd to go to the “tampering” concept for that. Would pretty easily fit within the theft box or within the malicious destruction (criminal mischief) box, depending on whether it was taken or smashed. 

But I suppose everywhere has their odd charges that they use for certain specific situations. Here in Maryland, people often get charged with “rogue and vagabond” — which is the hilariously archaic and serious-sounding term for breaking into cars to steal from them.