Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy arrested

Blackstar12

Jeudy clearly needs to grow up, but this feels like a total non-issue, made worse by the "domestic violence enhancer" language which makes it sound like a physical altercation (which is wasn't). I'm not clear why what he did warrants an arrest, since it clearly seems like something the cops would show up for and say, "unlock the doors and give her the stuff back," but here we are.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Jeudy clearly needs to grow up, but this feels like a total non-issue, made worse by the "domestic violence enhancer" language which makes it sound like a physical altercation (which is wasn't). I'm not clear why what he did warrants an arrest, since it clearly seems like something the cops would show up for and say, "unlock the doors and give her the stuff back," but here we are.

Thats exactly where Im at with it lol This seems like a very easy situation to resolve but somehow got blown up into an arrest. Also, the women should be in question as well, she took his property too which started the whole thing. Why isnt she arrested? Also, quit calling the cops over petty things. Call a friend or family member to resolve the situation, not the police because your BF took your wallet. Cmon

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

That's been debunked. Good try. His drop numbers improved significantly last year. That was a Year 1 issue.

Debunked? Idk, I think it's fair to still be concerned.

It's absolutely possible you are right, and it just took a minute to click, but lets be real - he only had 56 targets last year. Seems like a small sample to consider his first-year issues debunked.

He also had a 25% shorter ADOT yard average (13.5 vs 10.5) in year 2. It's an even larger disparity in air yards before reception (11 vs 7.4), so it makes sense his catch % would go up.

He obviously is talented, but I think he is in a prove it type of year, tbh.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Where Jeudy truly messed up was the baby formula. The child is an infant. They don't play games when it comes to minors, especially babies. What he did in refusing to give her the formula was cross into child endangerment. It might sound extreme but if all it took was her taking his phone for him to deny his child food -- that is a red flag to them and they will deal with that. I had a friend deal with someone similar. They were arguing over kid stuff and cops were called. 

He needs to grow up.

3 minutes ago, ACO said:

Where Jeudy truly messed up was the baby formula. The child is an infant. They don't play games when it comes to minors, especially babies. What he did in refusing to give her the formula was cross into child endangerment. It might sound extreme but if all it took was her taking his phone for him to deny his child food -- that is a red flag to them and they will deal with that. I had a friend deal with someone similar. They were arguing over kid stuff and cops were called. 

He needs to grow up.

I'm not defending his actions, but this is purely speculative and alarmist. Yes, if he took every ounce of formula and actively denied his child the ability to eat, then it wades into a child endangerment situation. But I think it's a stretch to say he was "denying his child food." 

I think it's more likely that things got heated between them, his girlfriend wanted to leave and take the baby, he didn't want her to take the baby. She called the cops. The whole situation is juvenile, but it doesn't feel negligent based on the facts we know.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

I'm not defending his actions, but this is purely speculative and alarmist. Yes, if he took every ounce of formula and actively denied his child the ability to eat, then it wades into a child endangerment situation. But I think it's a stretch to say he was "denying his child food." 

I think it's more likely that things got heated between them, his girlfriend wanted to leave and take the baby, he didn't want her to take the baby. She called the cops. The whole situation is juvenile, but it doesn't feel negligent based on the facts we know.

I am not accusing him of it. I don't think it is that far but the LAW will see how they want in the moment. Then things will iron itself out. I am just going by what my friend experienced with his kid. He had an argument with his child's mother and she called the cops and they damn near slapped a fine on him. It was bull**** but with minors they really do not play. 

I agree the whole thing was unnecessary but I do think a lot of it was magnified due to baby. They made a point in highlighting the baby formula (which is in a shortage and in the news quite a bit) and I do think it was a part of it. That is the narrative presented. He refused to give her the baby fold. That is the narrative put out there -- warranted or not.

3 hours ago, ACO said:

He needs to grow up.

Imagine being paid $10.5 million and getting pissy over a phone lol. 

I would've gone and bought 2 new ones and given her the spare while saying "If you need a phone that badly..." 

That's one thing Deion Sanders is spot on about, give these young guys a ton of money and they act like spoiled children. 

On the whole, this is virtually nothing. But I agree with you- what kind of child "takes" someone's baby formula as payback? Even using that as a power move just seems pathetically immature and reactionary, whether it crosses serious legal boundaries or not. Hopefully he learns a lesson on this sort of thing and betters himself, because I've seen that sort of petty behavior yield some pretty grim results in the long run. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I have zero doubt the police have the option to investigate and not make an arrest regardless of what they say about how their hands were tied. They walk away from scenes like this with no arrests every. single. day. That’s a fact. 

They can do whatever they want and they flex on us when they want to remind us. The idea that they had no choice but to arrest him over a minor squabble is a lie. 

Jeudy needs to grow up but that law is wack and is not for the people it’s for the police. 

This won’t have any impact on his NFL Career. @TheKillerNacho lock it up BB. Non-Story.