Kedon Slovis

Max Johnson

Michael Penix Jr.

Spencer Rattler

If you want you can throw in some underclassmen:

Caleb Williams

Jaxson Dart

Quinn Ewers?

Quinn Ewers has the most intrigue just because we haven't really seen him play and he's probably the most hyped recruit in the modern era, excited to see what he can do in Sark's offense. 

Slovis, JT Daniels, and J Daniels all seem like backup level players to me. 

Spencer Rattler/Bo Nix are both boom or bust guys.

From what I've seen of Ewers (internal Texas footage), he has seriously good pocket movement. He's got a radar. Avoids contact, whilst keeping eyes downfield, doesn't bail too quick, but he finds exits when he has to. Also - he's not accurate. He's skying so many balls.

Early days though. Maybe a footwork coaching thing or something

see if you agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg0ViPvGWSY&ab_channel=DEVOHighlightsPresents

Edited by BigTrav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

From what I've seen of Ewers (internal Texas footage), he has seriously good pocket movement. He's got a radar. Avoids contact, whilst keeping eyes downfield, doesn't bail too quick, but he finds exits when he has to. Also - he's not accurate. He's skying so many balls.

see if you agree

His throwing mechanics look good awful.

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

see if you agree

That's some really, really awful tape if that's not just the same handful of plays being replayed.  His accuracy is beyond awful for anything that isn't within 5 yards of the LOS, he doesn't understand how and when to throw with velocity, etc.  This is a guy who was given a 1.000 grade?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Granted Ewers wanted to start ASAP, but I don't think it was Stroud that made him transfer, I think it was Kyle McCord who also outplayed him in the limited time Ewers was at Ohio State

I absolutely think Stroud was the reason he transferred.  McCord just makes it a bit more difficult.  Early on in the season, Stroud wasn't consistent enough (3 INTs and 62.4% completion percentage in first 3 games) and had way too many interceptions.  But he was notably different in the second half of the season outside of his game against Nebraska.  There was no way Stroud would unseat Stroud as the starter this year.  Ewers redshirted last year with four years of remaining eligibility.  He'd potentially start as a rSO, and could declare if he played well.  Instead, he transferred to Texas where he's the projected starting QB.

20 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

In terms of their pro prospects.

Bo Nix

Cameron Ward

Dillon Gabriel

Jayden Daniels

Jayden de Laura

J.T. Daniels

Kedon Slovis

Max Johnson

Michael Penix Jr.

Spencer Rattler

If you want you can throw in some underclassmen:

Caleb Williams

Jaxson Dart

Quinn Ewers?

I haven't really evaluated these dudes, so my takes come from casual viewing. Not counting the guys who aren't draft eligible, I'd say (of the guys I've seen):

Spencer Rattler - Has been inconsistent and turnover prone, but the talent is all there. When he's on, he looks like a first round pick.

Cameron Ward - A lot of physical talent. Has some mechanical deficiencies, and we'll see how he does against tougher competition.

J.T. Daniels - When he plays, he has some impressive attributes. But there are a lot of reports about him being soft and having attitude issues. Durability has been a big problem. He's also not very mobile.

Dillon Gabriel - Undersized and doesn't have a huge arm, but I thought he was somewhat impressive running Heupel's offense in 2019 and 2020. 

Kedon Slovis - Has had impressive moments during his career (especially as a freshman), but his arm hasn't looked the same since his freshman year. There's potential here, but he has to regain his velocity.

Max Johnson - More of a game manager type. Good athlete. Solid accuracy. Not a big arm. Not much of a risk taker. Isn't a guy who will carry an offense. Might be a solid backup type in the NFL.

Jayden Daniels/Michael Penix - Tons of physical talent, but they haven't shown much consistency as passers.

Bo Nix - Never has impressed me as a QB.

• Like 2