2022 schedule release

KimuraGod

The good news about starting with the AFC  North is possibly no Deshaun and maybe a rookie QB in Pitt.  The Ravens will try to establish the passing game one which will fail spectacularly.

I see us heading into week 5 at 3-1. Anyone buy that?  Anyone?  Buhler?

• Like 1

Yikes. Definitely backloading our "easier" games, with Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, and Seattle all after the bye. We might not be favoured in a game until week 15 or 16.

If we're 3-6 at the bye I'd consider it a decent effort. We'll have a significantly better team than last year for sure, but it might be hard to show it record-wise.

I don't think those first two games are that bad. The Ravens have NO WR so they will depend on Jackson and the RB to carry the load. That means a low scoring grind it out game. I think we pull this out. Jackson has been exposed with his poor throwing. Ravens made a mistake by giving him that big contract. I think Jackson is the most overrated QB in the league. The Jets will force him to throw which will make him make mistakes. 

The Browns game should be pretty simple. Watson is not going to play for at least 6 games in my mind. i think the league goes with MLB situation and leave him on the exempt list for at least 10 games maybe the entire season again. The Browns killed their franchise by tagging it to Watson. So glad it was the Browns and not us. I personal would have stuck with Mayfield. The only way we lose this game is if the Browns still have Baker on the team and he comes out like a mad man proving people wrong and the he is the franchise QB of a NFL team. 

Already the "Debbie Downers" are out. I don't know if they are beat writers or trolls. Clearly they have nothing to look up to as positive, nothing to build on from last year. 

But let's look briefly at what the Jets have accomplished this offseason and the ramifications of those moves.

Reed and Whitehead to shore up the backend of the team, AND drafting Sauce in a shutdown CB. The CB's/S/FA's are decades better than anything we've fielded in the past.

Solomon Thomas, Jacob Martin, Shepard, drafted Johnson and Clemens . Again these players to our teams current players has the potential to be very special.

So defensively these Jets will not be a weak sister, if they are terrible then it falls on the D coordinator, his butt will be out of a job. There is no reason not to believe the Jets defensively will be a top D. 

They added to the offense 2 T.E.'s drafted Rucker and the best RB that could be had in the draft, also drafted a potential 1WR in Wilson.

Added a top rated OL in Tomlinson and drafted Max Mitchell 

Now lets be positive for a minute the Jets will field  a balanced and potentially dangerous offense which could feature at any one time Hall/Carter, Ozamma, Wilson, and Moore.

Zac Wilson had nothing last year to work with outside of Moore and Carter and Barrios, everyone else got hurt and they had no T.E.'s worth speaking about. 

Wilson doesn't have to carry the team on every throw, not every throw has to be home run. He will have pieces in place that will balance the offense.

He will have dynamic duo's at the RB positions, TE positions, and WR positions, and more.

So for me to read that the Jets season could spiral out of control early in the season, I say this perhaps it will wind up that the early season play will send a message that the Jets are good and are not your fathers Jets.

Perhaps, just maybe, we will be surprised on how much better the Jets have gotten and that they are no easy out.

I have us at 8-9... if Wilson can't take a big step forward then worse if he can take a big step forward then obviously better.

The big thing I see is that we can finish strong. We aren't expected to be good this season by experts and we have a schedule that allows us to have momentum going into the 2023 offseason like we did this last season. BUF is the only really tough game after the bye. That gives us really 7 winnable games post the bye. 

Week 1 vs BAL: L

Week 2 vs CLE: W

Week 3 vs CIN: L

Week 4 vs PIT: W

Week 5 vs MIA: W

Week 6 vs GB: L

Week 7 vs DEN: L

Week 8 vs NE: L

Week 9 vs BUF: L

BYE

Week 11 vs NE: W

Week 12 vs CHI: W

Week 13 vs MIN: L

Week 14 vs BUF: L

Week 15 vs DET: W

Week 16 vs JAX: W

Week 17 vs SEA: W

Week 18 vs MIA: L

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have us at 8-9... if Wilson can't take a big step forward then worse if he can take a big step forward then obviously better.

The big thing I see is that we can finish strong. We aren't expected to be good this season by experts and we have a schedule that allows us to have momentum going into the 2023 offseason like we did this last season. BUF is the only really tough game after the bye. That gives us really 7 winnable games post the bye. 

BYE

I have us at 10-7 in the playoff wild card. 

I think we win the Ravens game and Minn game. The Jets will run run and run some more. Wilson will only throw about 20-25 passes a game. We will be running the ball 30 plus times a game. I know you guys think I'm wrong here but I think sometimes are FINALLY starting to realize there is only a few QB that can carry a team so you have to run the ball. Titans have shown you can do this. I think Wilson is a QB that will not carry a team. If he has to throw 30 plus times a game the Jets will lose. The Jets will have have one of the best RB combos in the league by seasons end. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

BYE

Going from 3-2 to 3-6 would be brutal for this fan base lol.

Honestly hate the way the schedule is set up. Would rather play Jacksonville seattle detroit Chicago earlier in the season to potentially get a few wins under our belt but nope. Especially sucks after the offseason we just had. Team is young and If they suffer losses early on it could drain moral. Not saying we’re doomed but there’s a legit chance we’re cooked by the bye week. If we somehow make it out around .500 then i think we have a shot to do something. Hope I’m wrong but after this offseason I’m pretty bummed about this.

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Ravens have NO WR so they will depend on Jackson and the RB to carry the load.

They have been doing that since Jackson became a starter and teams have a difficult time stopping them.  Add in the fact that our run D was abysmal last year.  I am sure it will be better this year, but I need to see that.  Baltimore was 3rd in yards last year and first in yards in 2019 and 2020.  They make no secret as to what they are about.  It will be up to us to stop that and I am not so confident we can.  The Balt. D was 6th against the pass and 5th against the run.  So I would not expect us to just run up the score.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

BYE

In a best-case scenario I think we can upset GB and MIN - two teams I see us matching up well with. That could push us near a WC berth but I'm not holding my breath in a loaded AFC.

Worst case scenario, we drop a couple of those division games and possibly a cross-country trip to SEA and less success in the AFC North.

I think 8-9 is about right.

Edited by jetjuice