2022 Schedule

MDY10

Oh man I don’t know what to think. Wish the BYE week was a little later considering the amount of road games to end the year. Not a fan of GB in December. Is it just me or has LA only been home vs GB once in the last 500 years?? 

• Like 1

Bills W - I think this will be a great game but the Rams seemingly always get off to great starts to open the season. McVay has only lost a total of 3 games in September in his total 5 seasons as coach. Plus I think the Bills will have some adjusting to do with the loss of OC Daboll early on. We could very well see some of it in this game. I expect Sofi to be rocking and the Rams get a big win to kick off the season.

Falcons W - An easy win for the Rams. I think they will blow them out. I expect the game to be over no later than midway of the 3rd quarter and McVay will pull his starters at some point if not at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

@ Cardinals W - A huge test for the Cards bc they wont have D-Hop in this game. I think this will hurt them and the Rams will win. I dont think dont think it will be a domination. Its going to be close in the 4th quarter but the Rams end up winning by a touchdown. It will have people saying "if the Cards had D-Hop maybe they wouldve won".

@ Niners L - Im going to be under the assumption that Jimmy G will be the starting QB. If he is I have the Niners winning at home. I think they are going to seek revenge for blowing the largest 4th quarter lead in NFCCG history and once again beat the Rams in a regular season game. 

Cowboys W - This is going to be a hype game all week long and I think it will live up to the hype for 3 quarters. I think in the 4th quarter the Rams pull away and win by at least 10pts. This game is clearly going to prove why the Cowboys isnt on the Rams level. They can compete but they cant get over the hump and beat teams like the Rams.

Panthers W - This wouldve been a very sneaky good game if the game was in Carolina. I think this game will be very competitive bc I like the Panthers defense and they have weapons on offense like CMC and Moore. I just think on the road we will see the OL have breakdowns and give up sacks and cause penalties that will hurt the offense. So this game could look like something early on in the first half and maybe early in the 3rd quarter but the Rams end up pulling away and winning somewhat comfortably. 

BYE - Rams enter the bye with a (5-1) record feeling great about themselves. Its not uncommon for reigning defending champs to start the next season on fire and I expect the Rams to do the same.

Niners W - The Niners return to the scene of the crime of them blowing the largest 4th quarter lead in NFCCG history and they lose. The Rams will be coming off a bye fresh and ready to go understanding they cant get swept by the Niners again in the regular season. I think they will go out and be more physical and execute at a high level to get the win and split the season series. 

@ Bucs L - Brady and the Bucs have to beat the Rams at some point, right? I think if there was ever a time to do so it would be the Rams coming off a physical and emotional game against the Niners then having to travel across country to Florida to face the Bucs. Maybe the Rams might look flat and the Bucs will be motivated and up for this game and win by double digit points. This will definitely have everyone saying the Bucs are going to the Superbowl out of the NFC bc of how they looked impressive against the Rams. Ill say...NOT SO FAST!!! Stay tuned.

Cardinals W - The Cards will finally have D-Hop back. They will need to win this game in the worst way so they dont get swept by the Rams. I dont think it will happen bc the Rams will come in frustrated after how the played against the Bucs and lost. I think they will be up for this game and really continue to keep the Cards down which they have owned since McVay became head coach. So the Rams win in what I think will be a blowout.

@ Saints W - This could be a sneaky loss for the Rams. I got them winning just bc with Winston I never know what Im going to get. Not to mention I dont even know how healthy he is going to be. I know its later in the season but the injury he had was so bad it could take him awhile to fully get back both mentally and physically to be all go. I do think this game could be low scoring so the Saints will have their chances to still win but Stafford will do what he always do and thats work his 4th quarter magic to win the game.

@ Chiefs L - I dont expect the Rams to go into Airhead and win. That atmosphere is going to be insane and again the Rams will be coming off a very physical game against that Saints defense in the dome so getting the Chiefs the next game will be rough. I think Mahomes will make just enough plays to get them the win. I hate though that this game isnt on MNF.

Seahawks W - Just like the Falcons game I think this game will be a blowout and the Rams will be resting their starters in the 4th quarter. Wagner is definitely going to be up for this game and it will be probably the worst loss the Seahawks have all season long.

Raiders W - This should be a fun game. I have the Rams bc even though they will be at home and the Raiders fans will definitely fill the stadium up I just think the Rams in recent history love playing the Raiders. They have destroyed them in recent history. I dont think they will destroy them this time but I can see a 10pt victory.

@ Packers L - Can I say how I hate the Rams going to Green Bay this late in the season? I dont think the Rams will win even if they be competitive. Its going to be extremely cold and I just dont think the Rams will come away with a win. Now that could mean seeding as the Packers probably will be competing for the 1 or 2 seed and with the Rams already losing to the Bucs and now the Packers the Rams could be the 3 seed but as we know the Rams winning the Superbowl as the 4 seed last season so it really dont matter. 

Broncos W - The NFL had to ruin Wilson Christmas by giving him Donald. Not just that but an upset Donald bc losing to the Packers the previous game. He is going to make Wilson day even more miserable. I think this game will be competitive and come down to the final possession but we all know whats going to happen. Wilson is going to drop back and Donald is going to sack him to seal the victory. Merry Christmas Rams fans lol. 

@ Chargers L - This game will be at Sofi and I honestly think this game will mean more to the Chargers than the Rams. Why? Bc the Rams beat the Chargers head to head in the first meeting of LA teams. The Rams then went on to win the Superbowl while the Chargers fail to make the playoffs. The Chargers are so behind and they need something to say "we are in LA too". I think they get a big win. This game should be fun but I think Herbert and company come away with the win. 

@ Seahawks W - A great way to end the season for the Rams. They face a team that literally could be trying hard to get that 1st overall pick once they have all season to realize that neither Lock or Smith is the guy for them. Its going to be tough going to Seattle in terms of the crowd but the Rams will hush the crowd up by halftime when they are up by 2 tds and then at some point in the 3rd quarter up by 3 tds. A great way to end the season on a positive note by winning heading into the playoffs. 

OVERALL: I have the Rams going (12-5) bc they have the hardest schedule in the league and I dont like how the schedule placements are for the most part. So while I do think the Rams will be better their opponents will be tougher so they could end up with the same record as last season and end up with the same seeding which is the 4th seed. But again we know come playoff time they will be ready to try and run it back. I just want them to stay relatively healthy and if my prediction comes true, Ill take them going (4-2) entering the playoffs and hopefully try to make another run. Should be a fun season. 

So if the Rams and Chargers have good seasons, there should be a large amount of pregame programming on USA (a sister network to NBC) dedicated to the game and the overall history of football in the greater Los Angeles area.

Carrie Underwood should also open the broadcast with a cover of I Love LA instead of the normal Waiting All Day for Sunday Night.

And both the Rams and Chargers should wear colored jerseys, like UCLA and USC do when they meet. The Rams would wear sol alternates as the road team.

On 5/12/2022 at 8:08 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Don't like so many late road games. Glad we don't t ravel as much as we have in the past though. really surprised we only have 1 road game the last quarter of the season really the last third.

We have to play at Green Bay (in December), at Kansas City, at New Orleans, and at Tampa Bay? That's some bullshiz.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We have to play at Green Bay (in December), at Kansas City, at New Orleans, and at Tampa Bay? That's some bullshiz.

Thankfully we play the AFCW so our travel is about half what it normally is though. But yeah some brutal scheduling there.

• Like 1

Brutal schedule. Toughest in the league in terms of opponent win percentage. Of course we are capable of beating anybody, and the rest of the division has to play most of the same opponents, so we should still win the division.

But, it will be tough to have a great record or get the top seed in the playoffs.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 5:14 AM, Flounch said:

Yes we already know the schedule would be tough but having a bye so early in the season is the biggest disavantage IMO. 

I agree here. I hate having a Bye that early and I’d imagine it definitely plays as a disadvantage to us come the end of the year—not necessarily one we can’t overcome, but still a disadvantage nonetheless. 

• Like 1