Sign in to follow this  
INbengalfan

The "My Give Up on 2017" Mock

Image result for Jar Jar Binks I give up

I don't have the time to really dive deep into this at the moment, but thought I'd put one of these out now, because, you know, we suck and it's on to Season 51.

I have no idea on free agents, but for the sake of simplicity I say we re-sign Huber, let Eifert walk, and trade McCarron for a second, assuming he is still a RFA.  if Hue survives the season, it will be to Cleveland.  I also say we are drafting around #6

Round 1  Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma

For such a touted loaded class, i haven't really been impressed.  But this guy is huge, country strong, and available.  I'd normally be tempted to trade back, but so many teams need OTs that I'm not going to try to go all-Marvin and get cute.  I'm putting him at RT for the next decade, hoping to replicate the success we had with Willie Anderson.

Round 2 (Cleveland for McCarron)  Billy Price OG THE Ohio State University (everyone happy for the THE?)

I say guard for now, but he could easily anchor the middle as well.  But the OC spot goes to...

Round 2b  Frank Ragnow  OC/OG Arkansas

Currently listed as a third round prospect.  What do they know anyway?  It's too early in the process.  Anyway, we now have TWO viable options for center, and neither are currently on the roster.  It's a win for all of us, don't you think???  And for the record, after watching Bodine for the last four years, I'm okay with reaching for need at this point.

Round 3  Mark Gesicki TE Penn State
Do I really need to explain the need to replace Eifert with someone who can stay on the field more than 48% of the time?  Gives Andy a middle of the field weapon.

Round 3b  Martex Ivey  OT  Florida (comp for Zeitler)

Another huge body that has played both LT and RT for the Gators.  here, he is the backup at both spots, with an eye on taking over at LT sooner than later.  At worst, flop Brown to LT and Ivey to RT.

Round 4  Sam Hubbard  DE The Ohio State University

Mikey loves his Buckeyes, and we need to finish the overhaul along the defensive line

Round 5 Michael Hill DT  The Ohio State University

It's to the point I'm throwing darts, but I'll go with a guy who I know has succeeded in a rotational role.

Round 5b  Daniel carlson  KICKER  Auburn

This time, we take a guy I liked more last year than Elliott pr Gonzales, only this time, a new head coach doesn't have a stroke before final cuts and annoints this guy as the starter of the future.  Cutting Elliott was moronic, Bullock sux, but only Marvin fails to understand this.

Round 6  Logan Woodside  QB  Toledo

Efficient leader, but will never be more than a backup.  Knows how to play in the cold.

7  No idea

7b  No idea

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Round 6  Logan Woodside  QB  Toledo

Efficient leader, but will never be more than a backup.  Knows how to play in the cold.

UT!

I watched him in person a few weeks ago.  He's pretty good.  Accurate passer, and throws downfield a lot.  He plays with a good line though, and a good running game.