Nov. 24: at Minnesota (TNF)

Dec. 1: vs. Buffalo (TNF)

Dec. 12: at Arizona (MNF)

Dec. 18: at Las Vegas (SNF)

Dec. 24: vs. Cincinnati

Jan. 1: vs. Miami

Jan. 7/8: at Buffalo (TBD)

Strength of schedule: 16th, .498

Four straight prime-time games from Nov. 24 to Dec. 18 -- three on the road and one against the defending AFC East champion Bills 

Sept. 11: at Miami L

Sept. 18: at Pittsburgh W

Sept. 25: vs. Baltimore L

Oct. 2: at Green Bay L

Oct. 9: vs. Detroit W

Oct. 16: at Cleveland W

Oct. 24: vs. Chicago (MNF)W

Oct. 30: at N.Y. Jets W

Nov. 6: vs. Indianapolis W

Nov. 13: BYE

Nov. 20: vs. N.Y. Jets L

Nov. 24: at Minnesota (TNF) L

Dec. 1: vs. Buffalo (TNF) L

Dec. 12: at Arizona (MNF) L

Dec. 18: at Las Vegas (SNF) W

Dec. 24: vs. Cincinnati L

Jan. 1: vs. Miami W

Jan. 7/8: at Buffalo (TBD) W

9-8

Sept. 11: at Miami L

Sept. 18: at Pittsburgh W

Sept. 25: vs. Baltimore L

Oct. 2: at Green Bay L

Oct. 9: vs. Detroit W

Oct. 16: at Cleveland L

Oct. 24: vs. Chicago (MNF)W

Oct. 30: at N.Y. Jets W

Nov. 6: vs. Indianapolis L

Nov. 20: vs. N.Y. Jets W

Nov. 24: at Minnesota (TNF) L

Dec. 1: vs. Buffalo (TNF) L

Dec. 12: at Arizona (MNF) W

Dec. 18: at Las Vegas (SNF) L

Dec. 24: vs. Cincinnati W

Jan. 1: vs. Miami W

Jan. 7/8: at Buffalo (TBD) L

8-9

You guys are way too pessimistic. From the schedule prediction thread on the main general forum:

@ Miami L - We always lose down here.

@ Pittsburgh W - On the flipside, we typically beat Pittsburgh AND, assuming Pickett is the starter, rookie quarterbacks.

Baltimore L - We could potentially upset them here, but I'm going to presume this is going to be our typical September stinker.

@ Green Bay L - I don't want to play against Aaron Rodgers.

Detroit W - Jared Goff gets PTSD.

@ Cleveland L - This is going to depend entirely on what happens to Watson. If Watson starts, it's a L because he owns us. If Mayfield starts, it's a W because...well, Mayfield kinda sucks. I'm going to assume Watson starts, so L.

Chicago W - Belichick is going to have a field day against Justin Fields.

@ New York Jets W - We are not going to lose to Zach Wilson.

Indianapolis W - We keep the momentum going and enter the bye week on a win streak.

New York Jets W - We sure as hell aren't losing to Zach Wilson in Foxboro.

@ Minnesota W - Minnesota is in a mini-rebuild and Cousins is the type of QB we succeed against. Statement game in preparation against Buffalo.

Buffalo W - Win streak continues in an upset in what will likely be a competitive game. Belichick solves the Josh Allen problem this time around and outcoaches McDerpott.

@ Arizona W - This one could easily be a let down trap game. On the other hand Belichick shouldn't have much trouble fooling Kingsbury and Murray.

@ Las Vegas L - Let down stinker. Belichick has really bad history when playing against his assistants.

Cincinnati W - This could easily be a loss, but I'll give us the W just for being at home.

Miami W - We don't get swept by the Fish this time around.

@ Buffalo L - On the flip side I'd be VERY surprised if we swept Buffalo.

11-6. Probably won't be quite enough to win the division, but I'm expecting at least another wildcard appearance. Expecting Mac to take a few steps forward and Strange and Owenwu to pave the way for a pretty destructive run game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, biggie. said:

You guys are way too pessimistic. From the schedule prediction thread on the main general forum:

@ Miami L - We always lose down here.

@ Pittsburgh W - On the flipside, we typically beat Pittsburgh AND, assuming Pickett is the starter, rookie quarterbacks.

Baltimore L - We could potentially upset them here, but I'm going to presume this is going to be our typical September stinker.

@ Green Bay L - I don't want to play against Aaron Rodgers.

Detroit W - Jared Goff gets PTSD.

@ Cleveland L - This is going to depend entirely on what happens to Watson. If Watson starts, it's a L because he owns us. If Mayfield starts, it's a W because...well, Mayfield kinda sucks. I'm going to assume Watson starts, so L.

Chicago W - Belichick is going to have a field day against Justin Fields.

@ New York Jets W - We are not going to lose to Zach Wilson.

Indianapolis W - We keep the momentum going and enter the bye week on a win streak.

New York Jets W - We sure as hell aren't losing to Zach Wilson in Foxboro.

@ Minnesota W - Minnesota is in a mini-rebuild and Cousins is the type of QB we succeed against. Statement game in preparation against Buffalo.

Buffalo W - Win streak continues in an upset in what will likely be a competitive game. Belichick solves the Josh Allen problem this time around and outcoaches McDerpott.

@ Arizona W - This one could easily be a let down trap game. On the other hand Belichick shouldn't have much trouble fooling Kingsbury and Murray.

@ Las Vegas L - Let down stinker. Belichick has really bad history when playing against his assistants.

Cincinnati W - This could easily be a loss, but I'll give us the W just for being at home.

Miami W - We don't get swept by the Fish this time around.

@ Buffalo L - On the flip side I'd be VERY surprised if we swept Buffalo.

11-6. Probably won't be quite enough to win the division, but I'm expecting at least another wildcard appearance. Expecting Mac to take a few steps forward and Strange and Owenwu to pave the way for a pretty destructive run game.

Your Buffalo predictions are definitely backwards, especially when you consider they will likely have their seeding locked up by week 18 and we will be fighting for a spot. 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Your Buffalo predictions are definitely backwards, especially when you consider they will likely have their seeding locked up by week 18 and we will be fighting for a spot. 

Buffalo has just as brutal of a schedule as we do and they had their fair share of stinkers and choke jobs last season. They're not as unstoppable as people think they are.

Edited by biggie.

Just now, biggie. said:

Buffalo has just as brutal of a schedule as we do and they had their fair share stinkers and choke jobs last season. They're not as unstoppable as people think they are.

they had a great off-season and I expect the offense to become more of Josh's team. If they dont have more wins than last season I will be surprised. I mean they SHOULD have beat Tampa last year

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

they had a great offseason

So did the 2011 Eagles and the Browns every offseason. Winning the offseason means NOTHING.

I expect the offense to become more of Josh's team.

Wtf does this even mean? As if it hadn't been his offense the past two seasons? Am I the only one who noticed how much Allen regressed last season? Completion % dropped 6% and YPA dropped a whole yard. He had some noticeable stinkers and routinely choked in crunch time. After the Bucs game they were 7-6 and at risk of losing the division.

I mean they SHOULD have beat Tampa last year

Could, woulda, shoulda. We SHOULD have beaten Miami week 1, but we didn't.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, biggie. said:

So did the 2011 Eagles and the Browns every offseason. Winning the offseason means NOTHING.

A huh... I could cherry pick teams to support my argument too. Suffice it to say, a good offseason is never a bad thing. 

Wtf does this even mean? As if it hadn't been his offense the past two seasons? Am I the only one who noticed how much Allen regressed last season? Completion % dropped 6% and YPA dropped a whole yard. He had some noticeable stinkers and routinely choked in crunch time. After the Bucs game they were 7-6 and at risk of losing the division.

Daboll is gone. His QB coach got promoted. It's time for the offense to meld around him and for him to be a vocal part of game planning and play calling. If you are gonna sit there and spout off about how Josh Allen isnt actually that good then I'll wrap this convo right now. 

Could, woulda, shoulda. We SHOULD have beaten Miami week 1, but we didn't.

Miami isnt a SB caliber team. Those two scenarios are at different levels. Of course, they didnt, and that is that. However it still shows that they are capable of beating anyone. 

• Like 1

The schedule is incredibly tough.. I try to be as positive as possible but I can't imagine a possibility where they win the division or 10+ games right now. 

-> The Bills were very good last year and had a good offseason (even if I think Elam is going to be a bust) .. I'd guess they are in the 10-12 win range 

-> The Dolphins have an explosive offense and kept their defense in tact .. Tua doesn't need to throw bombs, he just needs to put guys in a position to get YAC which he can do .. id guess they are in the 9-10 win range 

-> The Jets had a good offseason and I think they are building in the right direction.. Wilson played better second half of last year and now has a good amount of weapons to work with ( and 2 good RB's) .. I think they could win 6-8 games

The Patriots season will be determined by: 

-> Mac year 2 jump ( if he does I think this can be a very good offense) 

-> LB's stepping up to stop the run ( Wilson/McGrone /Wilson/Uche/Perkins .. lots of young guys.. they need at least 2 of those guys to pop) 

-> Young CB's taking over ( Wade / Jones / Jones .. can we get at least one starting CB out of Wade/Jones and can Jones take over the slot job long term??)

-> Praying McCourty doesn't fall off a cliff / get hurt.. they still has NOBODY who can replace McCourty.. I hope skipping over Dax Hill doesn't come back to bite them

-> Improved Special teams.. they are going to need points off special teams.. not punts getting blocked like last year 

Overall .. I am going to guess that the following happens: 

Sept. 11: at Miami W (BB catches the new coach off guard and squeaks out a win) 

Sept. 18: at Pittsburgh W (BB beats rookies) 

Sept. 25: vs. Baltimore L (Jackson puts those new LB's to the test and takes over the game on the ground.. run defense gets exposed) 

Oct. 2: at Green Bay L ( GB defense dominates .. they could be very good .. Mac keeps it close but GB wins in the end) 

Oct. 9: vs. Detroit W ( Lions are better than they get credit for.. but think Pats get a hard fought win) 

Oct. 16: at Cleveland L  (Chubb dominates on the ground and Watson does very well against the Pats) 

Oct. 24: vs. Chicago (MNF)W ( BB messes with Fields head) 

Oct. 30: at N.Y. Jets W ( Jets are still figuring it out.. but keep it close) 

Nov. 6: vs. Indianapolis W ( Mac torches them.. BB uses last years game as bulletin board material) 

Nov. 13: BYE (6-3)

Nov. 20: vs. N.Y. Jets L ( Jets are better than people think.. ) 

Nov. 24: at Minnesota (TNF) W ( They are a middle of the pack team .. Patriots are better than them) 

Dec. 1: vs. Buffalo (TNF) L ( Buffalo shows the Pats that they just aren't ready for Prime Time yet.. Buffalo offense too good) 

Dec. 12: at Arizona (MNF) W ( This is a tough game.. because I think Arizona has a great offense.. but this late in the year they are always terrible.. so I'll say Pats make it happen) 

Dec. 18: at Las Vegas (SNF) L (Vegas is great.. Josh instills his own culture.. they are ready to make noise in the playoffs by this point) 

Dec. 24: vs. Cincinnati L ( Burrow has an OL now.. Pats corners can't keep up with their WR's) 

Jan. 1: vs. Miami L ( Miami has found their way halfway through the season.. they are a dangerous team torching the Patriots secondary) 

Jan. 7/8: at Buffalo (TBD) L ( if Buffalo can rest starters maybe Pats win.. but with Miami becoming a force late in the season I think the Bills have to play and pull one out against the Patriots) 

8-That's my best shot at trying to be unbiased and realistic as possible. If Mac becomes a real pro bowl caliber player they could win 10 again .. but i think they are looking at 8 wins more than likely. A couple of those games could chance too ( if Watson is suspended or if the defense becomes dominant towards the end of the year). 

Given how hard this schedule is.. we will know if Mac is the guy by the end of this year. Which will either lead to questions about the future of the franchise.. or loading up with a lot of cap to go for a super bowl run next year. I feel bad putting an entire season on the back of a 2nd year QB .. but this team will live and die by how well Mac plays. He could single handedly win them some of these games I predict to be losses.. fingers crossed Judge/Patricia don't ruin the offense and it all falls into place. 

• Like 1

@biggie. I would say this: it wasn’t that far from the end of the season last season where people were excluding buffalo from the playoffs. A lot of their fans were even predicting 7th seed. I think this must have followed our victory over them in the wind

then of course they went on a tear and became close to unstoppable. KC needed magic and luck and the clock to finally put them away

So I tend to agree that they are being slightly overrated. They’re down as current Superbowl favs, which I think is slightly strong. They are one of the top 4 teams in the league though. They embarrassed us last season, badly. I’d be surprised if we beat them once. We’ll need outside help to win the division. Buffalo have a brutal opening quarter of the season

• Like 1

Sept. 11: at Miami   --------------Loss    Has anyone been to, I have. The most brutal day of my life!!!! 

Sept. 18: at Pittsburgh --------- -Win

Sept. 25: vs. Baltimore --------- Loss    To early defense not ready happens every year.

Oct. 2: at Green Bay  ---------   Loss     Rodgers is not the only thing they have, defense.

Oct. 9: vs. Detroit ------------     Win

Oct. 16: at Cleveland ---------    Loss     Unless Goodell's punishes Cleveland for the guarantee contract!!!! Watson suspended.

Oct. 24: vs. Chicago (MNF) ---   Win      But the new GM is doing it right.

Oct. 30: at N.Y. Jets ----------   Win       Sauce is burnt!!!

Nov. 6: vs. Indianapolis ------     Loss       Run game dominates and Ryan is a whole lot better QB

Nov. 20: vs. N.Y. Jets   ------      Win        This time its the other 1st RD bust that gets exposed, Johnson meet Troy Brown.

Nov. 24: at Minnesota (TNF) --    Win        Pats roll that new defense.

Dec. 1: vs. Buffalo (TNF)   -----     Loss      Its a good day, no wind

Dec. 12: at Arizona (MNF)  ----     Win        The coach and QB losers. Offense checkers, BB plays Chess.

Dec. 18: at Las Vegas (SNF) ----  Loss       To much firepower. Josh knows to much.

Dec. 24: vs. Cincinnati   --------  Loss         My favorite to win it all.  Bills "again" choke on that!!!!!!

Jan. 1: vs. Miami             ---------  Win          McCourty to the bench. Young guys take over.

Jan. 7/8: at Buffalo (TBD) -------  Loss         Still to much speed and fire power.  The idiot coach plays Allen. BB in his head.

8 wins  9  loss