Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Mac, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson have the juiciest schedules this year. With Zach Wilson, Kyler Murray, and Lamar Jackson having the toughest. 

Russell Wilson plays cakewalk secondary’s almost all season. Wilson/Sutton/Jeudy might win a ton of leagues this year. 

I'm not going to draft a QB high this year. I really like some of those late QBs.. I might just draft 2 of them and hope of the best and just load up the playmakers with the first picks. highest I will go QB is Wilson 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I'm not going to draft a QB high this year. I really like some of those late QBs.. I might just draft 2 of them and hope of the best and just load up the playmakers with the first picks. highest I will go QB is Wilson 

Same. Highest QB I go for this year is Wilson in the 7th. 

Allen in the 3rd, Mahomes in the 4th, Lamar/Kyler in the 5th, and Hurts in the 6th are all wayyyyy too rich. 

Trey Lance in the 8th has been one of my main picks as well. Miles better prospect than Hurts and better offensive coaches. Two round discount from Hurts on a way higher potential. Although Lance will be a 6th Rounder by the time it’s Late August, no question. 

Wilson in the 7th is a decent pick. Carr in the 10th is a decent pick. 

Lance in the 8th, Lawrence in the 12th, Fields in the 11th, Matt Ryan in the 13th, Mac Jones in the 15th are all fantastic value picks with big upside. Also Carson Wentz in the 18th Round right now in deep leagues… Wentz will beat that ADP no question. 

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Same. Highest QB I go for this year is Wilson in the 7th. 

Allen in the 3rd, Mahomes in the 4th, Lamar/Kyler in the 5th, and Hurts in the 6th are all wayyyyy too rich. 

Trey Lance in the 8th has been one of my main picks as well. Miles better prospect than Hurts and better offensive coaches. Two round discount from Hurts on a way higher potential. Although Lance will be a 6th Rounder by the time it’s Late August, no question. 

Wilson in the 7th is a decent pick. Carr in the 10th is a decent pick. 

Lance in the 8th, Lawrence in the 12th, Fields in the 11th, Matt Ryan in the 13th, Mac Jones in the 15th are all fantastic value picks with big upside. Also Carson Wentz in the 18th Round right now in deep leagues… Wentz will beat that ADP no question. 

what's your TE strategy? I'm high on Waller, Kyle Pitts, Hockenson, and Kittle at his ADP....I'm pretty sure I'm getting one of those 4 in all my leagues. I also get cute trying to find a late TE sleeper and it always burns me. Hard to find those sleepers. Last two were Waller and Andrews, and sucks playing a scrub at that spot every week 

Edited by Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what's your TE strategy? I'm high on Waller, Kyle Pitts, Hockenson, and Kittle at his ADP....I'm pretty sure I'm getting one of those 4 in all my leagues. I also get cute trying to find a late TE sleeper and it always burns me. Hard to find those sleepers. Last two were Waller and Andrews, and sucks playing a scrub at that spot every week 

Kittle is my guy this year… but don’t reach for him in the 4th and miss out on a McLaurin/Sutton/etc WR. Lately Kittle has been falling to me in the 5th 3-4 picks past his ADP. 

If you are aiming to win a big tournament, you HAVE to draft whoever is WR1 between Rounds 3 and 8. Kupp last year as an example. If you don’t have that WR, you’re basically done. I’m not talking WR1 overall, but WR1 between those rounds. 

Pittman in R3, McLaurin in R4, Sutton in R4, Hollywood in R4, Jeudy in R5, Mooney in R6, Elijah Moore in R6, and Aiyuk in R7 are some prime breakout candidates. Deep breakouts but longshots to be WR1 in that range are Skyy Moore in R9 and Christian Watson in R11. Both have the QB and athletic profile to do it. 

Thoughts on Garrett Wilson this year?  His value is highly correlated with he progression of Z. Wlison but he can be drafted pretty late which minimizes his risk.  If ZW takes a step forward this year G WIlson could prove to be the best best value of any of the rookie WR's.  He his success will have a lot to do with ZW and if he can prove to be a formidable passer the Jets could air out the ball at a much higher rate this year.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Thoughts on Garrett Wilson this year?  His value is highly correlated with he progression of Z. Wlison but he can be drafted pretty late which minimizes his risk.  If ZW takes a step forward this year G WIlson could prove to be the best best value of any of the rookie WR's.  He his success will have a lot to do with ZW and if he can prove to be a formidable passer the Jets could air out the ball at a much higher rate this year.  

Depends if your WR room is solid already. He will probably have a slow first half and solid second half. Good WR5 type of guy. 

On 7/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, BayRaider said:

Pittman in R3, McLaurin in R4, Sutton in R4, Hollywood in R4, Jeudy in R5, Mooney in R6, Elijah Moore in R6, and Aiyuk in R7 are some prime breakout candidates. Deep breakouts but longshots to be WR1 in that range are Skyy Moore in R9 and Christian Watson in R11. Both have the QB and athletic profile to do it. 

I like Sutton, Hollywood, ARob, Thomas, and Woods later in drafts. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think he's worth a risk later on if you think that Wilson can take a big step forward this season. He does have a ton of competition for targets though with their 3 TE's, Davis/Berrios/Moore, and guys like Hall/Carter out of the backfield. Considering the Jets coaching staff comes from the 49ers tree and they just drafted Hall plus hit on Carter last year I think they'll have a pretty run heavy offensive approach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How does everyone feel about CMC? At what point would you draft him and in what format?

One of my concerns for this season is that I end up with like the 3rd/4th pick in my drafts and CMac falls to me so I have to decide if I take the risk on him or not. His upside is higher than anyone in fantasy though so I think that he's still definitely worth a top 3 or 4 pick in PPR leagues and is probably who you should take #2 overall after Taylor.