Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This is not a strong group by any stretch. 

I'm mostly stashing Pacheco in BestBall, hoping he starts Week 10-11 onwards, so I have a "unique" player for the playoffs. How you win between 400,000-800,000 player pools is by having unique players.

Pacheco has 4.3 speed, excellent blocking, good strength, and coming along as a receiver nicely. 

It's not a strong group but they're all veterans that can catch the ball. For a 7th round rookie RB to work his way up the depth chart to start for one of the best teams in the NFL would be something we just haven't really seen a ton recently.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Reports on Lance haven't been great so far though

I could care less about training camp reports (ESPECIALLY 49er reports). JaMarr Chase last year as an example... he fell THREE rounds after all the negative reports on him. And guess what, those people who bought the dips, all of them won their leagues. Fantasy Football is like stocks... you buy the dips and negative reports. Just like you buy stocks when they get low while everybody is panic selling.

Fournette is another great example. He is going to finish as a Top 5 PPR back. I could care less about the weight reports. I bought the dips, I got him at a two round discount the past week. Now he is back up to a Late 2nd again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's not a strong group but they're all veterans that can catch the ball. For a 7th round rookie RB to work his way up the depth chart to start for one of the best teams in the NFL would be something we just haven't really seen a ton recently.

Elijah Mitchell. Happens every year that some 6th/7th or UDFA Rookie comes out of no where. Look at James Robinson couple years ago as well.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I could care less about training camp reports (ESPECIALLY 49er reports). JaMarr Chase last year as an example... he fell THREE rounds after all the negative reports on him. And guess what, those people who bought the dips, all of them won their leagues. Fantasy Football is like stocks... you buy the dips and negative reports. Just like you buy stocks when they get low while everybody is panic selling.

Fournette is another great example. He is going to finish as a Top 5 PPR back. I could care less about the weight reports. I bought the dips, I got him at a two round discount the past week. Now he is back up to a Late 2nd again. 

Jamar Chase is also an outlier though, Lance just hasn't played a ton and struggled with accuracy at North Dakota State, lol.

I like Leonard Fournette as well

Just now, BayRaider said:

Elijah Mitchell. Happens every year that some 6th/7th or UDFA Rookie comes out of no where. Look at James Robinson couple years ago as well.

Elijah Mitchell was also with the run game guru in Shanahan. The Chiefs usually rank in the bottom third in the league in rushing because Reid is so pass happy with his play calling. Mitchell and Robinson were also both week 1 starters for their teams, they weren't buried on the depth chart for the first few months of the season and then took over when the games mattered.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Chiefs usually rank in the bottom third in the league in rushing because Reid is so pass happy

Chiefs RB’s have finished Top 12 in PPR Points Per Game (average) since Mahomes has been starting. Forgot exactly where I’ve heard that.

Whoever is starting for RB at the Chiefs will always be super fantasy relevant, especially in PPR.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chiefs RB’s have finished Top 12 in PPR Points Per Game (average) since Mahomes has been starting. Forgot exactly where I’ve heard that.

Whoever is starting for RB at the Chiefs will always be super fantasy relevant, especially in PPR.

They utilize them in the passing game, I just don't really see Andy Reid trusting a 7th round rookie in pass protection more then RoJo or CEH in key moments as the season wears on.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They utilize them in the passing game, I just don't really see Andy Reid trusting a 7th round rookie in pass protection more then RoJo or CEH in key moments as the season wears on.

In any regular draft, even dynasty I am not high on him but in BestBall, near the end of those drafts, you are throwing darts to find that guy who maybe have 2 big weeks.  I think its a smart play there because if there is an injury, he has talent to spring for a week or two.  If he has a chance there then he may earn more trust.  Is it likely he is fantasy relevant to start each week? Probably 1 to 2%.  The chances he gives you a score to start in bestball at some point are in the 5-10%.  CEH and RoJo haven't proven enough other than draft position to have a lock on the position so if he by chance impresses, he can earn some snaps.  Based on other deep RB options, which you could have this argument about any of them at that point in BestBall drafts, he is a solid lotto ticket. 

49 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

In any regular draft, even dynasty I am not high on him but in BestBall, near the end of those drafts, you are throwing darts to find that guy who maybe have 2 big weeks.  I think its a smart play there because if there is an injury, he has talent to spring for a week or two.  If he has a chance there then he may earn more trust.  Is it likely he is fantasy relevant to start each week? Probably 1 to 2%.  The chances he gives you a score to start in bestball at some point are in the 5-10%.  CEH and RoJo haven't proven enough other than draft position to have a lock on the position so if he by chance impresses, he can earn some snaps.  Based on other deep RB options, which you could have this argument about any of them at that point in BestBall drafts, he is a solid lotto ticket. 

I doubt that he even earns a roster spot to be honest. CEH/RoJo have both played key snaps for elite teams, are good blockers, and provide pass catching ability. McKinnon is also a veteran that has played a ton and Gore played for them last season. Andy Reid is notorious for not playing/using rookies and his system is super hard to pick up. I personally don't think AR is going to trust him to pick up blocks for a $500M QB down the stretch of the season as a 7th round rookie. 

If I were just throwing darts at the board for random backup RB's I think that there are a number of guys who you can land in the same range with more potential to actually produce at some point including: Matt Breida, Zack Moss, Pierre Strong Jr, Jeff Wilson, Eno Benjamin, Chris Evans, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Marlon Mack, and Tony Jones.

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt that he even earns a roster spot to be honest. CEH/RoJo have both played key snaps for elite teams, are good blockers, and provide pass catching ability. McKinnon is also a veteran that has played a ton and Gore played for them last season. Andy Reid is notorious for not playing/using rookies and his system is super hard to pick up. I personally don't think AR is going to trust him to pick up blocks for a $500M QB down the stretch of the season as a 7th round rookie. 

If I were just throwing darts at the board for random backup RB's I think that there are a number of guys who you can land in the same range with more potential to actually produce at some point including: Matt Breida, Zack Moss, Pierre Strong Jr, Jeff Wilson, Eno Benjamin, Chris Evans, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Marlon Mack, and Tony Jones.

Of those listed, Mack, Moss, and Wilson have all been gone long before the last two rounds of every bestball I have done.  Those others all have the same question marks and road blocks in front of them.  Strong has Harris, Stevenson, White, JJ Taylor, and Kevin Harris in front of him and a coach who never plays rookies regularly and also never plays RBs consistent week to week.  Eno Benjamin is at best the third RB on that roster and has rookies trying to take his place.  Evans is the third back on the DC with no special traits.  He may get some shots due to injuries but doesnt have upside IMO.  Vaughn I like as a dart but he too has a huge hill to climb and rookies with stronger skills than him battling for snaps.  Tony Jones had a chance last year and did nothing.  If Kamara is suspended than he has more potential value but they also added vets in Malcolm Brown and a rookie to battle for a roster spot.  Breida is a decent dart to get starts if Saquan goes down but he also doesnt do anything special so not an ideal bestball option but can see it because of depth charts.  

Obviously all of these darts and 6th/7th RBs on Best ball teams are going to be guys battling for roster spots.  So grabbing guys who have elite traits (Pacheco had tied for the fastest 40 at the combine) makes sense.  There can be an argument for any of them, and unlike BayRaider I dont see him unseating the starters.  But if there are injuries or even if he gets a few snaps, he has potential to break a big one and score some points. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of Strong, Tony, and Vaughn, these guys are all taken every bestball draft if 20 rounds. Vaughn is terrible beyond words, Patriors sit rookie RB’s and have Harris/Stevenson above Strong. 

Basically, one of the ways to beat an 800,000 user tournament is having a unique guy that isn’t getting drafted. 

I’ll give another example. Treadwell was the Jags #1 WR the second half of the season. This year he is #5 on the depth chart and no one and their mama is drafting him. First week of camp, Treadwell is getting a vast majority of the targets. Him and Lawrence have crazy good chemistry, and are super good friends. 

Therefore, IF you have Trevor Lawrence, Treadwell in the 20th Round for the Lawrence/Treadwell stack is a good gamble. 

A good way to be ahead of the curve is pretend to be a fan of all 32 teams and find a podcast dedicated to all 32 teams, and see who is standing out in camp. And IF they are standing out in camp, do they have the draft capital OR athletic profile to support drafting them?   You’re looking at least drafted in the top five rounds, or a RAS of 9.00 and above. Either or. Preferably both. 

If it’s a 6th Round Pick with a RAS of below 9, I’m staying away. I don’t care how good he looks in camp. 

Another example is Elijah Mitchell, only a 6th Rounder, BUT a crazy good RAS of 9.44. And looked great in camp. Many sharps/sharks took Mitchell in their final round of bestball drafts and won big. 

Find those athletic 6th/7th rounders no one is drafting is always a huge positive for you. 

More known guys that have higher draft capital but need an injury to be relevant as well, such as Calvin Austin. If one of the Top 3 Steeler WR’s go down, Austin was a great 20th Round flier. In big bestball tournaments, sometimes you have to bet on injuries. 

• Like 1

Also, when I say stuff like Lawrence and Treadwell are friends, stuff like this does matter. When it was reported Staff and Kupp were having breakfast everyday together and developing a very strong friendship, sharps started drafting Kupp in droves. 

Another personal relationship to look out for is Lance/Aiyuk. Working out everyday together in the off season and great friends. 

Aiyuk has that crazy potential to pop off a 1300 yard 9 TD season, Lance/Aiyuk stack could pay off greatly. 

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One of my concerns for this season is that I end up with like the 3rd/4th pick in my drafts and CMac falls to me so I have to decide if I take the risk on him or not. His upside is higher than anyone in fantasy though so I think that he's still definitely worth a top 3 or 4 pick in PPR leagues and is probably who you should take #2 overall after Taylor.

I have the #4 pick in a non-ppr league, I expect top-3 to be JT-Henry-Ekeler so i have to figure out if CMC is worth the risk