Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

51 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

PPR?  Or are you going 0 RB strat?

Technically 0 RB is 0 RB’s in the first 5 rounds. 

He still could go Conner in the 3rd and Hall in the 4th. Or my favorite risky rb start, Hall in the 4th and Dillion in the 6th. 

Most my drafts go RB-RB or RB/WR but the first round/second round WR’s are very strong this year so I’ve found myself in quite a few WR/WR starts. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

In my main redraft league I'm picking at the 1.12 spot, I want Adams/Deebo with my first two picks.

In just a regular redraft league, I’d probably go RB with one of those picks, maybe Najee if he falls, or even Mixon. To win a normal 12 man league, you don’t have to get too cute. But if you do go Adams/Deebo, Breece Hall should be targeted later in the 4th. Then get Dillion or Dobbins as your RB2 in the 6th (Dobbins if PPR). Get a strong RB3 in the 8th like Singletary or Edmonds. 

Edited by BayRaider

Did a mock for my main league ended up with...

Starters

QB - Trey Lance (9.12)

RB - Breece Hall (3.12)

RB - Travis Etienne (4.1)

WR - Davante Adams (1.12)

WR - Deebo Samuel (2.1)

TE - Dallas Goedert (8.1)

Flex - Michael Thomas (5.12)

Flex - Allen Robinson (6.1)

K - Robbie Gould

DST - LA Chargers

Bench

RB - Kareem Hunt (7.12)

RB - Rhomandre Stevenson (10.1)

RB - Darrell Henderson (12.1)

WR - Jahan Dotson (11.12)

WR - Julio Jones (13.12)

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

In just a regular redraft league, I’d probably go RB with one of those picks, maybe Najee if he falls, or even Mixon. To win a normal 12 man league, you don’t have to get too cute. But if you do go Adams/Deebo, Breece Hall should be targeted later in the 4th. Then get Dillion or Dobbins as your RB2 in the 6th (Dobbins if PPR). Get a strong RB3 in the 8th like Singletary or Edmonds. 

highly doubt Najee falls to 1.12

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He does often. Got him at 2.3 yesterday, all sharps/experienced guys in a 800,000 user BestBall Tournament. 

1x = often?

not sure how different best ball is from a ranking perspective than season long redraft

Edited by squire12

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

1x = often?

not sure how different best ball is from a ranking perspective than season long redraft

Works the same way. 

And he usually goes 11 or at the turn. Although I pick Najee anywhere from Pick 4 onwards quite a bit. I’m pretty bullish on Najee. Although McCaffrey, Taylor, and Jefferson are my “Elite Three” this year. 

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Thoughts on Saquan? @BayRaider @Dr LBC

We know what he's capable of as evidenced by his rookie season.  The issue with him is always consistency - be it injuries upsetting the apple cart or external forces (OL, QB, OC) hacking away at his consistency.  I think he's a very capable fantasy contributor who has, ultimately, given me more reason to err on the side of the risk (i.e. to ding him for it and to expect him to not meet his capability) for a given season than not.  For that reason, I'm handicapping him by at least half-a-round, probably a full-round and i'm only drafting him at what I perceive to be an outstanding value intersecting with glaring need on my roster.

Put simply, talentwise (and I lump having actual hit a height in fantasy so we have a known benchmark in there) he'd be my RB5 if that were all we were considering.  But holistically, I've got him between my RB16 and RB20 depending on the scoring format of my league - with how I've got him projected for the season.  Mid-to-low end RB2; and I'm admittedly low on him because I value consistency.

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Works the same way. 

And he usually goes 11 or at the turn. Although I pick Najee anywhere from Pick 4 onwards quite a bit. I’m pretty bullish on Najee. Although McCaffrey, Taylor, and Jefferson are my “Elite Three” this year. 

Yeah, see... this is where I'm torn.  Najee is, on his face, a prototypical 1st round fantasy RB.  He's going to get 20+ touches a game (I don't think he's going to lead the league in touches again, but he'll still probably finish Top 5), he was effective (if simultaneously not very efficient... lol) with those touches, and he's got one of the few coaches in the league actually willing to commit to his RB as being a bell-cow.  He's the definition of safe and he's very likely not going to burn you.  That said, I do feel like his ceiling is capped this season because of the obvious QB stuffs and, well, the Steelers OL continues to be a work-in-progress, both of which (as uninspiring as Ben was to close his career, notwithstanding) are likely to result in a regression in scoring opportunities for Najee.  So with a Top 3-4 pick, I think I'd probably still probably err on the side of a similarly safe guy with a bit less volatility to his upside.  Henry is still in there for me, though in dynasty I'd have been shopping the hell out of him since May.  I also think Mixon's getting underrated this year, because people are used to him letting them down, but he's surprisingly consistent, they've improved the OL, and as much as Burrow's stock is seeing a surge because of his playoff stretch, in-season last year (and that's with a Flubber OL) it's difficult for Zac Taylor to argue with the formula that definitely did work - which was a whole lot of Mixon.  I think, barring missing significant time for injury, he's a lock for a baseline of 1200/10 plus whatever he can give them in the receiving game (conservatively I'm projecting that at ~40 for 400/3).

Was going to sit out this year but just today I decided to sign up late ended up with the 5th pick 10 man PPR league

Whats the news in the fantasy world this year? Starting out late so Im way behind with everything what are some sleepers or later round picks people are liking?

D-Hop is ouit for 6 games right? Thought on taking AK in the 2nd could be risky but could be worth it in the long run

Did a mock and noticed Michael Thomas is going in like the 5th + round and that seems like a steal to me same with Allen Robinson

Trey Lance I think is my later round QB target this year could be a FF gem