Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

42 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting that you have no Ekeler. Obviously he will regress with TDs but he probably matches Henry in total yards and TDs no? 

In Non-PPR I'm looking primarily for volume.  I think some TD regression is happening this year and it sounds like Spiller is getting a little passing down work.  He's going to be great, I just am more comfortable with the others in standard.

12 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

In Non-PPR I'm looking primarily for volume.  I think some TD regression is happening this year and it sounds like Spiller is getting a little passing down work.  He's going to be great, I just am more comfortable with the others in standard.

Fair enough. Unless ADP changes I’ll be surprised if he falls to 4 anyways. Kupp being 2 wont happen in this league. 

27 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Whats a late round TE people are looking at this year? Right now im leaning towards Logan Thomas

Isn’t Logan Thomas out the first six weeks? He is not recovered from his ACL and behind schedule (probably healing slow at 31). 

I love Evan Engram this year, he will be #2 in targets behind Christian Kirk on the Jags, and that is something you look for in TE’s. He also will finally have a real QB, not corpse Eli Manning or Daniel Jones who is really really bad at football. Engram goes off the board as TE20, when I think he’ll finish Top 10. 

If you want a super late possible sleeper, it’s rookie McBride. This is in a deep 20 Round League or BestBall, as your TE3. If Ertz goes down, McBride could finish as a Top 10 TE quote easily. Even if Ertz stays healthy all season, I still think McBride could have some decent value for a 20th Round Pick. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Isn’t Logan Thomas out the first six weeks? He is not recovered from his ACL and behind schedule (probably healing slow at 31). 

I love Evan Engram this year, he will be #2 in targets behind Christian Kirk on the Jags, and that is something you look for in TE’s. He also will finally have a real QB, not corpse Eli Manning or Daniel Jones who is really really bad at football. Engram goes off the board as TE20, when I think he’ll finish Top 10. 

If you want a super late possible sleeper, it’s rookie McBride. This is in a deep 20 Round League or BestBall, as your TE3. If Ertz goes down, McBride could finish as a Top 10 TE quote easily. Even if Ertz stays healthy all season, I still think McBride could have some decent value for a 20th Round Pick. 

Thats a very good point and forgot about his injury so thank you for that

Evan Engram I have a hard time buying into every year I feel like we hear how well hes doing in TC and what not but never produces in games, could be worth a late round option though especially in PPR although I do like Dan Arnold too, whom the Jags traded for last year, IIRC he was one of TLaws favorite targets once he got into Jacksonville.

Thoughts on Albert O from Denver? Dude has all the talent in the world and has what it takes to become something in this league, that along with the addition of Russ and not splitting snaps or being overshadowed by Noah Fant

6'5" 258 pounds and rand like a 4.49 40 yard dash starting TE that you can basically get for free sounds intriguing.

Edited by mattyice0401

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting that you have no Ekeler. Obviously he will regress with TDs but he probably matches Henry in total yards and TDs no? 

I've continuously heard that its been 5 years since a 27 year old RB finished as a top 5 fantasy RB (Lasean McCoy being the last).  That would mean guys like Henry, Ekeler, Cook, Jones and Kamara as riskier picks.   Same with Zeke and Fournette but they are being drafted later and can put up stats appropriate to their draft spots.  I think one of those guys finishes top 5, if not 2 but with so many other options in that area, I would lean towards other options, especially with Ekeler. 

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Thats a very good point and forgot about his injury so thank you for that

Evan Engram I have a hard time buying into every year I feel like how well hes doing in TC and what not put never produces in  games could be worth a late round option though especially in PPR although I do like Dan Arnold too whom the Jags traded for last year, IIRC he was one of TLaws favorite targets once he got into Jacksonville.

Thought on Albert O from Denver? Dude has all the talent in the world and has what it takes to become something in this league, that along with the addition of Russ and not splitting snaps or being overshadowed by Noah Fant

6'5" 258 pounds and rand like a 4.49 40 yard dash starting TE that you can basically get for free sounds intriguing.

I was onboard with Albert O for a long while, Unfortunately it seems like they Dulchich enough that I think he keeps Albert from making the leap. At least that’s what local radio is reporting.

• Like 1

Just now, 101Raider said:

I was onboard with Albert O for a long while, Unfortunately it seems like they Dulchich enough that I think he keeps Albert from making the leap. At least that’s what local radio is reporting.

I'll have to keep that in mind See how he looks and how often he plays in the preseason

Since we’re on the topic of late Rd TEs, I’m looking at Njoku now if Watsons suspension holds at 6.

At the expense of a bench, I might look at an Ertz and Njoku or Thomas with my last pick. 

get Ertz with the 6 game Hopkins suspension, then transition to Njoku or Thomas if either looks like an upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I've continuously heard that its been 5 years since a 27 year old RB finished as a top 5 fantasy RB (Lasean McCoy being the last).  That would mean guys like Henry, Ekeler, Cook, Jones and Kamara as riskier picks.   Same with Zeke and Fournette but they are being drafted later and can put up stats appropriate to their draft spots.  I think one of those guys finishes top 5, if not 2 but with so many other options in that area, I would lean towards other options, especially with Ekeler. 

Dont touch types matter though? I mean receptions tend to be less brutal which is why WRs last longer so RBs like Ekeler/Kamara in theory shouldn’t deteriorate as fast right?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dont touch types matter though? I mean receptions tend to be less brutal which is why WRs last longer so RBs like Ekeler/Kamara in theory shouldn’t deteriorate as fast right?

King Henry also split snaps his first 2 years or so in the league so theres that to take into account as well

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Since we’re on the topic of late Rd TEs, I’m looking at Njoku now if Watsons suspension holds at 6.

At the expense of a bench, I might look at an Ertz and Njoku or Thomas with my last pick. 

get Ertz with the 6 game Hopkins suspension, then transition to Njoku or Thomas if either looks like an upgrade. 

Ertz is someone who also catches my eye along with Cole Kmet not a whole lot there in Chi town Basically these guys who catch my eye as later round targets at TE

Cole Kmet

Zach Ertz

Albert O

Dawson Knox

Even Dallas Goedert but he goes a little sooner than the others