Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jameo and Chark are deep threats, St. Brown will produce as a safety blanket for Goff, imo.

Yup, and having those deep threats should open it up underneath for ARSB more than last year.  I think this is the year for Hockenson too, as he finally has some other weapons to open him up and create mismatches.  Goff, although not a great QB has produced some very solid WR fantasy seasons.  Kupp/Woods/Cook all had big years when together with Goff.  I think Chark is the one to stay away from here.  He is on a 1 year deal and has often struggled with injuries and consistent production.  I think he helps but he is a #3 option at this point once Jameo is healthy.  

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup, and having those deep threats should open it up underneath for ARSB more than last year.  I think this is the year for Hockenson too, as he finally has some other weapons to open him up and create mismatches.  Goff, although not a great QB has produced some very solid WR fantasy seasons.  Kupp/Woods/Cook all had big years when together with Goff.  I think Chark is the one to stay away from here.  He is on a 1 year deal and has often struggled with injuries and consistent production.  I think he helps but he is a #3 option at this point once Jameo is healthy.  

I like the Lions offense a lot this season. Your offensive line looks like a top 10 unit, Swift/Williams are a nice duo, and you guys have a good group of pass catchers. 

I'd still guess that ARSB is the #1 guy, followed by Hockenson, then Jameo. I'd guess Jameo doesn't get as many targets but has more big plays. I also agree on Chark, I could see him getting lost in the sauce a little bit. Goff already has chemistry with Hockenson/ARSB/Reynolds and the Lions invested a lot into Jameo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I like the Lions offense a lot this season. Your offensive line looks like a top 10 unit, Swift/Williams are a nice duo, and you guys have a good group of pass catchers. 

I'd still guess that ARSB is the #1 guy, followed by Hockenson, then Jameo. I'd guess Jameo doesn't get as many targets but has more big plays. I also agree on Chark, I could see him getting lost in the sauce a little bit. Goff already has chemistry with Hockenson/ARSB/Reynolds and the Lions invested a lot into Jameo. 

Just drafted Swift at the tail-end of the 1st in one league. Lions offense is indeed stacked. The weak link is a guy named Jared Goff. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just drafted Swift at the tail-end of the 1st in one league. Lions offense is indeed stacked. The weak link is a guy named Jared Goff. 

That weak link may suck for winning super bowls but he still played in offenses with multiple fantasy elites at the same time.  Gurley, Cook, Woods and Kupp all being valuable.  He did also lead a team to the Super Bowl so while his clutch gene and some decision making is rough, his ability to fill stat sheets seems to be ok.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That weak link may suck for winning super bowls but he still played in offenses with multiple fantasy elites at the same time.  Gurley, Cook, Woods and Kupp all being valuable.  He did also lead a team to the Super Bowl so while his clutch gene and some decision making is rough, his ability to fill stat sheets seems to be ok.  

I thought that Goff played pretty well last year considering the circumstances and is poised for a very solid season. 

42 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts/how would you rank these RBs this year:

Zeke

Akers

Mixon

Saquon 

Chubb

CEH

1. Mixon - Bell cow back in an ascending offense with a much improved OL

2. Chubb - Doesn't add value as a receiver but should benefit from playing with Watson 

3. Akers - Starting RB/Bell cow for what should be one of the most productive offenses in the NFL

4. Saquan - Wild card but if he can stay healthy he could be a top 5 RB overall, Daboll should use him well

5. Zeke - Looks to have lost a step and Pollard is honestly better

6. CEH - Lost in the sauce in KC

Edited by NYRaider

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

1. Mixon - Bell cow back in an ascending offense with a much improved OL

2. Chubb - Doesn't add value as a receiver but should benefit from playing with Watson 

3. Akers - Starting RB/Bell cow for what should be one of the most productive offenses in the NFL

4. Saquan - Wild card but if he can stay healthy he could be a top 5 RB overall, Daboll should use him well

5. Zeke - Looks to have lost a step and Pollard is honestly better

6. CEH - Lost in the sauce in KC

Switch Chubb and Mixon and I agree here, pretty close though. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Switch Chubb and Mixon and I agree here, pretty close though. 

I like Mixon a lot more than Chubb heading into next season for PPR. Mixon just offers so much more as a pass catcher and is the bell cow for the Bengals. I think he'll benefit from their revamped OL too.

I'd assume Cleveland gets a little more pass happy with Watson in the mix. Which could lead to more Kareem Hunt.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I joined a couple but I personally enjoy the waiver wire, making trades, and having to personally adjust my lineup.

Yeah but doing more than 2-3 of those is way too big of a time commitment. You can do like 100 bestball drafts if you wanted to. With huge grand prizes.