Jump to content

Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion


NYRaider
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah but doing more than 2-3 of those is way too big of a time commitment. You can do like 100 bestball drafts if you wanted to. With huge grand prizes. 

I'm usually in two leagues, one standard PPR and one with IDP too. I've done a couple of best ball drafts too, I'll probably do a couple more before the season starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m targeting Breece Hall a lot this year. I think he’ll get the bulk of the carries sooner rather than later and get a lot of receiving work for a rookie. Plus he has the easiest playoff schedule of any RB in fantasy. He’s valued right now as a Mid 3rd Rounder, when next year he could easily be a Late 1st Rounder. Good value. Draft him this year, fade him next year. 

Also, if you are looking at playoff schedules, if you can get Brandin Cooks in the 6th Round, this dude burns the Jaguars for a 100 million yards every time, and Davis Mills showed a lot of progression in the final 5-6 games of the season. 

Drafting for the playoffs doesn’t matter too much though unless you are in a tournament. But I’m drafting a lot of Breece Hall regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 10:49 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on Travis Etienne, AJ Dillion, Devin Singletary, Tony Pollard, Rashaad Penny this year?

I am very intrigued by the first two as my Rb2 if I go RB, WR,WR,WR, TE/QB to start my draft in the first five rounds....

 

I like Ettiene and Dillon will probably have a good year but I am concerned with stacking the box with Adams gone.  I think he is probably being overdrafted but is a decent low end RB2. 

Pollard maybe has some value especially if Zeke goes down and has some value as a 3rd/4th RB. 

I wouldnt touch the others.  Singletary is in a crowded backfield and has never stood out as the guy.  Penny will be passed by KW3 by the end of camp although I feel Penny may have a little value as a end of the bench RB if Carson doesnt get cleared to return.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the clock in a slow draft. For a 5th WR would you go Robert Woods or Chris Olave? Most rankings have Woods above Olave, and I think Burks is going to bust, giving Woods a lot of targets. Woods could have a big year in Tennessee. Difficult one. I wanted Christian Kirk because he is going to be a target monster in Jacksonville, but he went two spots before me. 

I’m leaning Woods. 

Edited by BayRaider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on Travis Etienne, AJ Dillion, Devin Singletary, Tony Pollard, Rashaad Penny this year?

I am very intrigued by the first two as my Rb2 if I go RB, WR,WR,WR, TE/QB to start my draft in the first five rounds....

Is it PPR? They all have question marks coming into the season with Etienne being a rookie coming off of injury, Dillon as an RB2, Singletary's role being murky after they drafted Cook, Pollard as an RB2, and Penny splitting carries with Walker/his inability to stay healthy. 

I'm personally a fan of Etienne in fantasy this year and think he'll have a big year both as a runner and pass catcher. With Robinson coming off an achilles injury he's the only guy that is a clear RB1 but he's also playing on a team that was terrible last year with a new coaching staff. I'd still probably rank him higher than the rest just based off of the volume of touches he could see for the Jaguars. 

After that I'd probably go with AJ Dillon who was RB21 in PPR last season despite splitting carries with Aaron Jones. With the departure of Adams I think the Packers will run the ball more and both Dillon/AJ will get an uptick in targets. Not to mention Dillon should have a lot more opportunities in the red zone without Adams in the offense and if AJ ever gets hurt Dillon automatically becomes a top 5-10 RB.

Tony Pollard would be the next guy I'd target as another excellent RB2 that looked better than Zeke did last year when he played. He's going to get a healthy amount of touches regardless of what happens with Zeke and they're reportedly going to use him as a slot WR this season. If Zeke goes down he's another guy that automatically becomes a top tier player. 

I'd go with Singletary over Penny to round out those five players. The Bills did just draft Cook in the late second round but I think Singletary will be RB1 in a committee approach like they used last season with Zack Moss' role diminishing. As the Rams/Cardinals showed last year, even if RB's aren't the greatest they're going to produce in fantasy just because they'll get more opportunities in high powered offenses than better backs will in crap units. 

I'm not a huge fan of taking Penny early in fantasy based on a number of things. He hasn't ever been able to stay healthy and I think his value is being inflated because he had a crazy 4 game run to end last season. If the Seahawks were committed to him they would've given him a longer deal and wouldn't have taken Walker in the early 2nd round. With reports that Carson may not play again I think Walker will be the feature back. I also think the Seahawks are poised to have see a pretty significant regression offensively without Russell Wilson which hurts all of their skill position players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 2:10 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Ettiene and Dillon will probably have a good year but I am concerned with stacking the box with Adams gone.  I think he is probably being overdrafted but is a decent low end RB2. 

I think Dillon probably benefits more than any player on the Packers in terms of fantasy value with Adams gone. He should see an uptick in targets and red zone touches. And in the scenario that Jones goes down he'll become the focal point of the Packers offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

On the clock in a slow draft. For a 5th WR would you go Robert Woods or Chris Olave? Most rankings have Woods above Olave, and I think Burks is going to bust, giving Woods a lot of targets. Woods could have a big year in Tennessee. Difficult one. I wanted Christian Kirk because he is going to be a target monster in Jacksonville, but he went two spots before me. 

I’m leaning Woods. 

I would've went with Woods as you said you did. Olave should have a solid season but most rookie WR's take time to adjust, people think that guys like Chase/Jefferson/Waddle are the norm but they were extreme outliers. I think he'll be up and down because most of his targets should come on deep passes so he'll have weeks that he goes off followed by weeks of minimal production. I love Olave in best ball leagues though as a guy who can save you with a crazy productive week. The Saints offense is also somewhat of a question mark without Payton, Winston/Thomas coming back off of injuries, Taysom in a new role, and they also added Landry . 

Woods has averaged roughly 90 catches and been WR 11, 14, 13 over his last three healthy seasons and is the only dependable veteran option Tannehill has to throw too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, BayRaider said:

I’m targeting Breece Hall a lot this year. I think he’ll get the bulk of the carries sooner rather than later and get a lot of receiving work for a rookie. Plus he has the easiest playoff schedule of any RB in fantasy. He’s valued right now as a Mid 3rd Rounder, when next year he could easily be a Late 1st Rounder. Good value. Draft him this year, fade him next year. 

I like Hall as well my only concerns are that he'll split touches with Carter and if their offense sucks again he'll be handicapped by limited red zone touches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is it PPR? They all have question marks coming into the season with Etienne being a rookie coming off of injury, Dillon as an RB2, Singletary's role being murky after they drafted Cook, Pollard as an RB2, and Penny splitting carries with Walker/his inability to stay healthy. 

I'm personally a fan of Etienne in fantasy this year and think he'll have a big year both as a runner and pass catcher. With Robinson coming off an achilles injury he's the only guy that is a clear RB1 but he's also playing on a team that was terrible last year with a new coaching staff. I'd still probably rank him higher than the rest just based off of the volume of touches he could see for the Jaguars. 

After that I'd probably go with AJ Dillon who was RB21 in PPR last season despite splitting carries with Aaron Jones. With the departure of Adams I think the Packers will run the ball more and both Dillon/AJ will get an uptick in targets. Not to mention Dillon should have a lot more opportunities in the red zone without Adams in the offense and if AJ ever gets hurt Dillon automatically becomes a top 5-10 RB.

Tony Pollard would be the next guy I'd target as another excellent RB2 that looked better than Zeke did last year when he played. He's going to get a healthy amount of touches regardless of what happens with Zeke and they're reportedly going to use him as a slot WR this season. If Zeke goes down he's another guy that automatically becomes a top tier player. 

I'd go with Singletary over Penny to round out those five players. The Bills did just draft Cook in the late second round but I think Singletary will be RB1 in a committee approach like they used last season with Zack Moss' role diminishing. As the Rams/Cardinals showed last year, even if RB's aren't the greatest they're going to produce in fantasy just because they'll get more opportunities in high powered offenses than better backs will in crap units. 

I'm not a huge fan of taking Penny early in fantasy based on a number of things. He hasn't ever been able to stay healthy and I think his value is being inflated because he had a crazy 4 game run to end last season. If the Seahawks were committed to him they would've given him a longer deal and wouldn't have taken Walker in the early 2nd round. With reports that Carson may not play again I think Walker will be the feature back. I also think the Seahawks are poised to have see a pretty significant regression offensively without Russell Wilson which hurts all of their skill position players.

yes, PPR. Thanks for the insight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 2:10 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Ettiene and Dillon will probably have a good year but I am concerned with stacking the box with Adams gone.  I think he is probably being overdrafted but is a decent low end RB2. 

Pollard maybe has some value especially if Zeke goes down and has some value as a 3rd/4th RB. 

I wouldnt touch the others.  Singletary is in a crowded backfield and has never stood out as the guy.  Penny will be passed by KW3 by the end of camp although I feel Penny may have a little value as a end of the bench RB if Carson doesnt get cleared to return.  

Yeah, I actually like the cluster, but while I feel like some could/should certainly put low-end RB2 numbers this season, they're also in the category that I'd be targeting as my RB3 (i.e. what I'm calling my "post-David Montgomery tier" - largely because Montgomery is just flat our consistent and I'll take that all day from my RB3, because it protects me in the event that one of my top 2 RB's on the week doesn't find the end zone).

Of the bunch, I'm in the Dillon camp and I'm less worried about stacking the box on him because 1) have you seen those quads?! and 2) often forgotten from last season was the the GB offensive line was rarely a healthy unit - so if they can even improve in marginally in that department, it's going to help the runners.  Also, I won't be shocked in the slightest to see them try to get Jones and Dillon on the field at the same time (though I do feel that will favor play-action wheel routes and leaks to the flats for Jones as opposed to runs for Dillon).

Ultimately though, this season in particular, I'm more heavily drafting RB's and doing it earlier.  I feel like the WR depth spreads for quite a bit this year in drafts, to the point that I'd rather have the roster depth of viable RB's on my roster and focus on WW/streaming options for my last couple WR spots, especially early on.

I actually have no problem going WR in the 1st round if I'm getting Kupp or JJ (I think the change in offensive scheme reaps noteworthy rewards for JJ, Cousins, and Irv Smith), but if I do, I'm pretty much going RB with my next 3 picks.  Though, being totally transparent, some of this may have to do with my playing in a TD-heavy scoring format in my standard league and being completely comfortable with a RB corps of James Conner, Leonard Fournette, and David Montgomery/AJ Dillon/Miles Sanders as my top 3 options off my roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Who is your favorite late round TE this year? 

I've been doing mock drafts on yahoo and if I don't get one of the top plays at TE, I've left my drafts with either Njoku or Irv Smith.

I am also intrigued by Albert O......can't spell the rest of his name lol, from Denver.

Late round (i.e. "post-Schultz/Knox" - because they're usually gone by R9-10)?  Irv Smith.  Also, if I'm waiting on TE and in particular if I'm drafting earlier (as in draft date - like before the preseason games), I'm still taking a flier on Gronk.  I feel like, worst case scenario and he doesn't come back, I'll still be able to fish an Irv Smith, Albert O, Cam Brate (value if Gronk doesn't come back), Brevin Jordan, or Freiermuth (Mitch, believe it or not, was actually responsible for that Jimmy Graham mini-renaissance that people forget about and with Pickett "lazy TE is rookie QB's best friend" narrative) off the WW if I'm left going that route.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Who is your favorite late round TE this year? 

I've been doing mock drafts on yahoo and if I don't get one of the top plays at TE, I've left my drafts with either Njoku or Irv Smith.

I am also intrigued by Albert O......can't spell the rest of his name lol, from Denver.

• Hayden Hurst, Cincy - Replaces CJ U as their starter and should get red zone looks. 

• Gerald Everrett, Chargers - Should be the TE1 in one of the leagues best passing attacks/highest scoring offenses.

• Cole Kmet, Bears - Showed chemistry with Fields late in the year and is one of their only passing options.

• Tyler Higbee, Rams - Another TE that will be in one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

• Robert Tonyan, Packers - Should see a way higher volume of red zone targets with Adams gone.

• Greg Dulcich, Broncos - I think he eventually beats Albert O out as the starter. Wouldn't draft him but he's a name to keep on the radar for your waiver wire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...