Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What's everyones philosophy in a league where you have to start 3 receivers? I'm picking 11th and I think I'm hoping for a Diggs/Lamb combo with my first 2 picks. 

3 WR’s with a Flex, general rule is get 3 WR’s in the first six rounds minimum, and have five in the first ten rounds. 

On 8/22/2022 at 2:02 AM, BayRaider said:

I have a ton of Murray/Brown. Even though I really don’t like Murray as a person and pains me to do so. If Murray finished as a Top 2-3 Fantasy QB and Hollywood as a Top 10 WR, I wouldn’t be shocked in any way what so ever. 

Allen/Diggs?

Allen/Gabriel?

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is picking a QB in the 3rd round part of the original question? I didn't catch that. What if you can get him in the 6th?

Latest I've ever seen Allen fall is like 4.03. But he almost always goes anywhere from Late 2nd to Late 3rd. Usually Mid-Late 3rd. If he was in the 5th or 6th, no brainer. 

And yes when discussing stacks, we're talking about "favorite" stacks, which would mean stacks we like selecting. I don't like selecting Allen because that's just way too high for a QB. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Latest I've ever seen Allen fall is like 4.03. But he almost always goes anywhere from Late 2nd to Late 3rd. Usually Mid-Late 3rd. If he was in the 5th or 6th, no brainer. 

And yes when discussing stacks, we're talking about "favorite" stacks, which would mean stacks we like selecting. I don't like selecting Allen because that's just way too high for a QB. 

The past few years have shown that the fantasy community has gotten better at identifying QBs and how’ll they’ll end up.

There is a sizable gap between the top 10-12 QB scoring wise and the rest of the QBs…it’s became clear it’s worth going “mid round QB” to ensure getting one of those top 10-12…may vary on scoring system .

51 minutes ago, AFF said:

The past few years have shown that the fantasy community has gotten better at identifying QBs and how’ll they’ll end up.

There is a sizable gap between the top 10-12 QB scoring wise and the rest of the QBs…it’s became clear it’s worth going “mid round QB” to ensure getting one of those top 10-12…may vary on scoring system .

just sucks when some guys take a 2nd one before you get your first 

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

just sucks when some guys take a 2nd one before you get your first 

True but it comes back to league scoring to an extent…if your league does 4 pt pass tds and 25 pass yards per pt, getting a capable running QB is almost necessary.

I took Kyler in the 6th in a 10 team full ppr league where I drew 4th…I went Jefferson/Kelce/Evans/Sutton/Eteinne thru 5 rounds cause we start 3 WRs and a flex and I didn’t like the value anywhere else at that 6th rounder and knew I would probably get 1 of St Brown/Marquise Brown/Mooney as my flex in the 7th…took Kyler in the 6th and took Amon Ra St Brown in the 7th.

I think in 10 teamer most teams are good so you need outliers to have an edge…I felt comfortable using 2 high picks on the onsie positions while still having an advantage at WR and throwing multiple drafts at mid and late rd RBs…it’s all about team build.

3 hours ago, AFF said:

True but it comes back to league scoring to an extent…if your league does 4 pt pass tds and 25 pass yards per pt, getting a capable running QB is almost necessary.

I took Kyler in the 6th in a 10 team full ppr league where I drew 4th…I went Jefferson/Kelce/Evans/Sutton/Eteinne thru 5 rounds cause we start 3 WRs and a flex and I didn’t like the value anywhere else at that 6th rounder and knew I would probably get 1 of St Brown/Marquise Brown/Mooney as my flex in the 7th…took Kyler in the 6th and took Amon Ra St Brown in the 7th.

I think in 10 teamer most teams are good so you need outliers to have an edge…I felt comfortable using 2 high picks on the onsie positions while still having an advantage at WR and throwing multiple drafts at mid and late rd RBs…it’s all about team build.

True in 4pt a runner would be ideal. my home league is 6pt and with that they are always overdrafted

5 hours ago, AFF said:

I’m fine with taking a QB in the 5th or later. But Allen/Mahomes are a nope for me this year, going in the 3rd and 4th. 

Lance in the 8th and Wilson in the 7th have been my most drafted QB’s this year. I also have a lot of Murray in the 6th .

Amazing how much Daemeon Pierce, Brian Robinson, and Isaiah Pacheco have shot up… Pierce now goes in the 9th Round while the other two go in the 11th. I was never too high on Pierce this year (but don’t dislike him by any means) because I’m not sure the Texans offense scores enough points. But I have been drafting Robinson and Pacheco as my RB5 and RB6 in the 17th Round and 20th Round all offseason. Pretty bullish on both of them. Robinson was the most polished back coming out, with “ok” athleticism. And all Andy Reid cares about is speed and pass blocking at RB. 

Interesting stats: 

- Elijah Moore finished as a Top 12 WR in 30% of his games last year. Higher than guys like Stefon Diggs, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, and many more. This makes Moore a huge Year 2 breakout candidate. 

- MVS finished as a Top 12 WR in 20% of his games last season, higher than guys like Lamb, Diontae, and Hollywood. MVS is a sneaky value play as your WR5 in the 9th Round. 

- Brandon Aiyuk finished as a Top 15 WR in the final 2/3 of the season (historic slow start first 5 games). Once Kyle let him out of the doghouse, he balled. Aiyuk is a Year 3 breakout candidate. While Deebo likely shows regression considering his 8 Rushing TD’s are definitely not going to be repeated. 

Credit to FantasyPros. Don’t use them much but they have interesting stuff sometimes.

Edited by BayRaider

I have a chance to make a trade for either Dionte Johnson or Hollywood Brown in .5 PPR.  According to "experts" Johnson is ranked ahead of Hollywood but Johnson really scared me.  He had too many drops last year and was the main target for big Ben who is gone.  DJ now has Trashbinski throwing to him at least to start the season and who knows if they will have the same chemistry.  All of this scares me big time. 

Hollywood is going from Baltimore to Zona which is major upgrade for him as a WR.  I would go with Brown 100 percent but I have have Hopkins rostered and having two WR's from the same team is something I have always shied away from?  Any thought on what I should do? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Amazing how much Daemeon Pierce, Brian Robinson, and Isaiah Pacheco have shot up… Pierce now goes in the 9th Round while the other two go in the 11th. I was never too high on Pierce this year (but don’t dislike him by any means) because I’m not sure the Texans offense scores enough points. But I have been drafting Robinson and Pacheco as my RB5 and RB6 in the 17th Round and 20th Round all offseason. Pretty bullish on both of them. Robinson was the most polished back coming out, with “ok” athleticism. And all Andy Reid cares about is speed and pass blocking at RB. 

Robinson was someone ive been high on for a while, happy to snag him up in several dynasty leagues. I hate that Gibson and Jacobs are falling so far, I wanted no part of them and was thrilled to see their ADP so high earlier this year