Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have a chance to make a trade for either Dionte Johnson or Hollywood Brown in .5 PPR.  According to "experts" Johnson is ranked ahead of Hollywood but Johnson really scared me.  He had too many drops last year and was the main target for big Ben who is gone.  DJ now has Trashbinski throwing to him at least to start the season and who knows if they will have the same chemistry.  All of this scares me big time. 

Hollywood is going from Baltimore to Zona which is major upgrade for him as a WR.  I would go with Brown 100 percent but I have have Hopkins rostered and having two WR's from the same team is something I have always shied away from?  Any thought on what I should do? 

Hollywood would be the guy I'd go for. 

DJ also has Claypool and Pickens nipping at his heels for targes. 

While Hollywood has Zach Ertz? At least until DHop comes back from his 6 game susp. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True in 4pt a runner would be ideal. my home league is 6pt and with that they are always overdrafted

That's where I'm bitter because the one 4pt'er I'm in also has 2 Niners fans as team owners and so the wait-and-late option this year is almost assuredly going to be a keeper and even if he wasn't, the two of them would drive the auction price up beyond what I'd be willing to pay for Trey Lance.

QB is one of those positions that if I'm not streaming, I don't let to get too cute with.  I don't need to have a Top 3 guy; I just want a guy who has shown the consistency to remain in the Top 10 fantasy QB's year-to-year and then hedge towards the guys who, situationally, I believe have the best upside to finish in the Top 5.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is everyone fading Deebo and Hill? Say they’re available mid-late second round. You passing?

I would take either if they fell to the 24-25 turn, but they don’t fall that far often. 

For the most part, I have faded both, but not completely faded. Out of 105ish drafts, I owned like 4 Tyreek Hill’s and 7 Deebo Samuel’s.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is everyone fading Deebo and Hill? Say they’re available mid-late second round. You passing?

I'm not intentionally fading hill, but don't think I'd have many shares. I am pretty much all the way out on deebo

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I would take either if they fell to the 24-25 turn, but they don’t fall that far often. 

For the most part, I have faded both, but not completely faded. Out of 105ish drafts, I owned like 4 Tyreek Hill’s and 7 Deebo Samuel’s.

wtf! is it your job or something? 

OK, thanks. I am very torn on them. Might pass up Hill and look for Waddle later. I'm liking the Javonte Williams pick in the middle-back end of the 2nd currently.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I’m in on Deebo and out on Hill.

in regards to Hill, I’d rather have Waddle later (though I like others better around that ADP).

I feel like I’m alone on the Deebo stance, but he’s a monster who is going to be used however Shanagan sees fit. I was out when it looked like he wouldn’t be used at all in the run-game. However, contract has verbiage that implies he will be.

Non-PPR how do you rank:

Deandre Swift

Saquon Barkley

Aaron Jones

Javonte Williams

James Conner

Nick Chubb

To me all of these guys have concerns although my biggest with Jones is my love for Dillon much later. I am picking 4th so pick 21 in round 2 and I find myself either going TE or one of these guys but I dont absolutely love any of them

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Non-PPR how do you rank:

Deandre Swift

Saquon Barkley

Aaron Jones

Javonte Williams

James Conner

Nick Chubb

To me all of these guys have concerns although my biggest with Jones is my love for Dillon much later. I am picking 4th so pick 21 in round 2 and I find myself either going TE or one of these guys but I dont absolutely love any of them

Williams
Barkley
Swift
Chubb
Jones
Connor

I think you could flip the first two, because if Barkley is healthy he could be a top 5 guy but I like Williams a lot and a lot of the non statistical metrics point to him being the guy to potentially finish top 3. 

Swift I am expecting a lot of yards, but may miss out on TDs to Williams to preserve his hits.  He and Staley have talked about trying to get Swift 1k/1k and if he does, it will be a huge year even without PPR or TD production.  He has injury risks though so moving him down a spot or two is completely reasonable IMO. 

Chubb is typically consistent so you know what you will get but I dont see top 5 upside there.

Jones likely loses touches to Dillon but will get more passing chances.  So he should be ok on yards but expect lower TD production.

I don't love Connor but that may be my missed opportunity.  He doesnt have much pushing him to steal carries but he also has injury concerns and I expect a lot more passing than running as usual by the Cards.  

Keeper help.  I have a good idea of who to keep but wanting further opinions as time has passed and situations have changed. Draft order is still not decided but I am currently picking 11th with one more week of preseason to go so I will be picking near the end of odd rounds and early in even rounds.  

I can only keep one of each position which limits it some and can only keep two players max.  Must be 4th round or later to keep them.  The cost will go up two rounds next year if I do not get a better option this year. The league is 16 teams and doesn't require we start a RB (QB, WR/RB x2, WR/TE x 2, K, DEF, IDP) and is .5 PPR with bonuses for 40+ yard plays and .25 for receiving first downs. 

Deebo Samuel - 6th round (around the 85th pick, would be approx pick 48 for year two)
Mike Williams - 8th round (around the 117th pick, would be approx pick 85 for year two)
Amon Ra St. Brown - 9th round (around the 140th pick, would be approx pick 108 for year two)

JK Dobbins - 10th round (around the 150th pick, would be approx pick 118 for year two)

I am definitely keeping Dobbins as he is the only non WR I have with any value.  So the debate is on the WRs.  With 5 starting positions, I like to typically keep guys drafted after round 5 so I have two starters and add 5 more so Deebo in year 2 hurts that but is still likely solid value.  Williams I like but he is streakier so he has a few huge weeks and a few duds.  I am guessing ARSB is out but the value is nice for year two but the last 8 games  last year he was WR2 behind Kupp an its a homer pick so its intriguing.  I know people are down on Deebo but am I overthinking it not going with him?  It would give me a higher end star to pair with my top picks this year but he would be closer to a top pick next year.  

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why so?

On 8/14/2022 at 12:46 PM, Forge said:

1. Deebo Samuel. Some places have him as a top 5 receiver and a top 20 pick. Hell, on ESPN his average pick is 13 which is the 11th highest.  I'm not that bullish on him. I think the niners offense will be very run heavy (and he will not be running as much), I think statistically he's due for some regression (he had a historically great run after the catch season last year and he's not a red zone guy), and I think Aiyuk is going to break out. He also has a pretty extended injury history which right now is not baked into his ADP, and that's a risk.  I tend to avoid guys who have historically great seasons in some context the following year because natural regression, and given additional factors mentioned, this is a pretty easy one for me to avoid. 

The 49ers will be a run heavy team with a slow pace of play and an inexperienced, likely very inconsistent QB. Deebo is coming off a season that will almost undoubtedly regress in terms of efficiency. The team can't pass block worth a damn outside of Trent. 

I won't have any shares of Deebo. Just too much going on there. I don't think he finishes as a top 10 receiver, which is a big problem for someone going as high as WR5 in some places. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Williams
Barkley
Swift
Chubb
Jones
Connor

I think you could flip the first two, because if Barkley is healthy he could be a top 5 guy but I like Williams a lot and a lot of the non statistical metrics point to him being the guy to potentially finish top 3. 

Swift I am expecting a lot of yards, but may miss out on TDs to Williams to preserve his hits.  He and Staley have talked about trying to get Swift 1k/1k and if he does, it will be a huge year even without PPR or TD production.  He has injury risks though so moving him down a spot or two is completely reasonable IMO. 

Chubb is typically consistent so you know what you will get but I dont see top 5 upside there.

Jones likely loses touches to Dillon but will get more passing chances.  So he should be ok on yards but expect lower TD production.

I don't love Connor but that may be my missed opportunity.  He doesnt have much pushing him to steal carries but he also has injury concerns and I expect a lot more passing than running as usual by the Cards.  

thanks, yea I agree your top-3 is interchangeable but the definitive top-3. Plus I'm such a Dillon guy I dont want to take Jones R2 because I think I can get Dillon R6 or 7 and thats just better value in Non-PPR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Keeper help.  I have a good idea of who to keep but wanting further opinions as time has passed and situations have changed. Draft order is still not decided but I am currently picking 11th with one more week of preseason to go so I will be picking near the end of odd rounds and early in even rounds.  

I can only keep one of each position which limits it some and can only keep two players max.  Must be 4th round or later to keep them.  The cost will go up two rounds next year if I do not get a better option this year. The league is 16 teams and doesn't require we start a RB (QB, WR/RB x2, WR/TE x 2, K, DEF, IDP) and is .5 PPR with bonuses for 40+ yard plays and .25 for receiving first downs. 

Deebo Samuel - 6th round (around the 85th pick, would be approx pick 48 for year two)
Mike Williams - 8th round (around the 117th pick, would be approx pick 85 for year two)
Amon Ra St. Brown - 9th round (around the 140th pick, would be approx pick 108 for year two)

JK Dobbins - 10th round (around the 150th pick, would be approx pick 118 for year two)

I am definitely keeping Dobbins as he is the only non WR I have with any value.  So the debate is on the WRs.  With 5 starting positions, I like to typically keep guys drafted after round 5 so I have two starters and add 5 more so Deebo in year 2 hurts that but is still likely solid value.  Williams I like but he is streakier so he has a few huge weeks and a few duds.  I am guessing ARSB is out but the value is nice for year two but the last 8 games  last year he was WR2 behind Kupp an its a homer pick so its intriguing.  I know people are down on Deebo but am I overthinking it not going with him?  It would give me a higher end star to pair with my top picks this year but he would be closer to a top pick next year.  

First off I dont play in points for 1st downs or catch length bonuses so its not factored in for me...

I agree ASB is probably out because when in doubt I like to keep my best guys.  I am a big Williams guy. I think they will catch a similar # of passes and TDs overall but Deebo should slightly outpace in yards if he has any rushing role. 

Stupid question but since you arent required to start any RBs is it such a bad idea to keep Williams and Deebo? only thing is the cost is better and they are close enough in PPG for 0.5 PPR so I get it. 

As much as I love Mike Williams, Deebo is likely better choice if you can only keep each guy 2 years. 

Can you keep them longer than 2 years? If so then I might role with Williams since he plays with Herbert

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First off I dont play in points for 1st downs or catch length bonuses so its not factored in for me...

I agree ASB is probably out because when in doubt I like to keep my best guys.  I am a big Williams guy. I think they will catch a similar # of passes and TDs overall but Deebo should slightly outpace in yards if he has any rushing role. 

Stupid question but since you arent required to start any RBs is it such a bad idea to keep Williams and Deebo? only thing is the cost is better and they are close enough in PPG for 0.5 PPR so I get it. 

As much as I love Mike Williams, Deebo is likely better choice if you can only keep each guy 2 years. 

Can you keep them longer than 2 years? If so then I might role with Williams since he plays with Herbert

Can only keep one at each position so can't keep both or I would.  Although I do like Dobbins and if healthy I think he has a big year.  But yeah, I will probably just keep Deebo and Dobbins.