Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

wtf! is it your job or something? 

OK, thanks. I am very torn on them. Might pass up Hill and look for Waddle later. I'm liking the Javonte Williams pick in the middle-back end of the 2nd currently.

30 second timer drafts take under an hour to complete. So I’ve spent probably around 80 hours drafting, not that much time tbh. You’ll see others sink hundreds of hours into video games or movies during a multiple month timespan. I don’t do much of either. 

Plus in BestBall, there’s no weekly management. It’s 20 Roster Spots for more players. Whoever does the best in your lineup is automatically started each week. If your team gets injured, that’s why you have multiple teams. BestBall is gaining crazy popularity and will rival regular redraft leagues at some point. 

In 105 drafts, I have never seen Jaylen Waddle fall to the 5th, was pretty stoked when I got him 17 entire picks past ADP. Crazy. Not a huge Waddle guy tbh, but can’t pass up that value. In these drafts against seasoned fantasy players, no one everrrrr falls that much usually. 

I present my final draft of the year (serious this time):

DraftKings $5 Multi Millionaire Full PPR, Grand Prize $1,000,000. 830,000 Participants. 12 Team Leagues. 1 QB, 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, 1 TE, 1 Flex. Top 2 of each league make the playoffs (playoffs will be a little over 100,000 people).

QB’s:

(3)

Russell Wilson (7)

Tua (10)

Zach Wilson (17)

RB’s:

(6)

Najee Harris (1)

D’Andre Swift (2) (love Swift in Full PPR, such huge upside)

Kareem Hunt (9)

Rachaad White (11) (If Fournette goes down, White will be a Top 10 Fantasy RB. Insane 9.8 RAS athletic score and insane receiving skillset)

Tyrion Davis Price (15) (if he ever gets the start, 49er RB’s are automatically RB2’s)

Jerrick McKinnon (16)

WR’s:

(9)

Courtland Sutton (3) (stacked with Wilson)

Terry McLaurin (4)

Jaylen Waddle (5) (17 picks past ADP) (Tua stack)

Elijah Moore (6) (Zach Wilson stack)

Christian Kirk (8) (will have so many targets this year, gonna be crazy)

Garrett Wilson (12) (Zach Wilson stack)

Christian Watson (13)

Curtis Samuel (18)

Calvin Austin III (20) (unique player different from the field in case I make the playoffs. There will be 100,000 people in the playoffs)

TE’s:

(2)

Evan Engram (14)

Greg Dulcich (19)

Engram will be #2 in target share behind Kirk on the Jags this year. A TE who is #2 in target share usually has a great season. Although we’ve all been burned by Engram before… but the talent and targets are there. 

As for Dulcich, I’ve always disliked Albert O. And hearing from Bronco camp, they don’t like Albert O either. That’s why he’s been playing in pre season all game even with the fourth stringers. Dulcich has been injured, but I think he’ll be ready for Week 1, and take Albert O’s job by Week 5. I have zero Albert O shares this season. 

Usually I pick an Elite TE, but I do like how this team turned out. 

Also, I’m not big on Zach Wilson by any means, but the dip to the 17th Round because of his minor injury has been insane. I love buying dips. Also, Zach Wilson has the easiest fantasy playoffs of any QB. (Although hardest non-playoffs of any QB). Wilson might just be terrible all year and then have 3 career games in the fantasy playoffs. 

Edited by BayRaider

So, having read this thread and the riser/sleeper threads, I am getting some themes developing 

depending on the position in the draft, I will be looking for;

Courtland Sutton

Hollywood Brown

Eno Benjamin

Allen Lazard 

Christian Watson

Rhamondre Stevenson 

Trey Lance

Brandon Aiyuk 

Zamir White 

Amon Ra St Brown 

Gabe Davis

Leonard Fournette

Rashod Bateman

James Robinson

will be looking to avoid (unless they fall below ADP!)

Tyreek Hill

Deebo Samuel

Adam Thielen

Damien Harris

Antonio Gibson 

David Montgomery 

Miles Sanders

Devin Singletary 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

Drafted my 10 team point per rushing attempt and reception league last night.

QB- Hurts

RBs- JT, Kamara, Fournette, Spiller

WRs- Tyreek Hill, Sutton, Juju, Arob, Lazard, and Olave

TE- Freiermuth, Kmet

overall I think it’s a solid team. I know we havnt seen him in Miami yet, but I still can’t believe I got Tyreek at the 4/5 turn. I kept getting screwed with a TE run in between picks, so I just punted basically. I’ll be scouring the wire for more RB depth aswell. What do u guys think?

What are everyones thoughts on Chris Godwin this season in .5 PPR?  He suffered a December ACL tear and MCL sprain and is now 8 months PostOp  Will he be 100 percent at any point this season, is he worth targeting at his reduced ADP and can we expect Godwin to produce like he has in years past?  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

On 8/25/2022 at 10:02 PM, NYRaider said:

I'm leading the Saquan "League Winner" Barkley hype train. Choo Choo. 

I just had a draft and decided to bite on Barkley.  I clearly swung for the fences here instead of playing it safe. 

As you point out, Barkley could be a "league winner" and is in the best situation he has been in since Manning retired.   We all know Jones is a bum, that won't change but the addition of Daboll and a beefed up Oline can only help Barkley.  Daboll has stated that he wants to feed Barkley and he likes to run a lot of four WR sets which should open up the box.  

Injuries and poor QB play are the deterrents but being able to snag a possible 3 down, RB1 who will see massive volume was too good to pass up at this point.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What’s to early for Dameon Pierce? Anything before the 6th round in PPR and 4th round in standard? 

I wouldn’t pay more than a 9th. Most my Pierce shares are in the 11th, but once he started rising I still bought him in the 9th. 

6th-7th is way too rich. It’s like buying a stock or bitcoin at an all time high. And that’s all fantasy is really, stocks, trying to buy low and get discounts. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t pay more than a 9th. Most my Pierce shares are in the 11th, but once he started rising I still bought him in the 9th. 

6th-7th is way too rich. It’s like buying a stock or bitcoin at an all time high. And that’s all fantasy is really, stocks, trying to buy low and get discounts. 

I get what you are saying with your analogy to stocks.  I do think as more info and exposure, the valuations can/do/should change.  

If a RB for Houston ( Mack/ Burkhead) get cut, then Pierce value rises.  Equivalent to a company securing a top level contract for products over the next 12 months.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:52 PM, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Drafted my 10 team point per rushing attempt and reception league last night.

QB- Hurts

RBs- JT, Kamara, Fournette, Spiller

WRs- Tyreek Hill, Sutton, Juju, Arob, Lazard, and Olave

TE- Freiermuth, Kmet

overall I think it’s a solid team. I know we havnt seen him in Miami yet, but I still can’t believe I got Tyreek at the 4/5 turn. I kept getting screwed with a TE run in between picks, so I just punted basically. I’ll be scouring the wire for more RB depth aswell. What do u guys think?

RBs are ridiculous. I’ve seen Fournette go in round 2 fairly often, you’ve got a first round RB and two 2nd round RBs, and managed to get Sutton too (going around early 3rd).

I’m out on Hill this year (but at that position, fine!), I like your value later on at WR in SS and Lazard. 

TEs are cheeks. 

overall, I’d be very happy with that draft. Looking to win league. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What are everyones thoughts on Chris Godwin this season in .5 PPR?  He suffered a December ACL tear and MCL sprain and is now 8 months PostOp  Will he be 100 percent at any point this season, is he worth targeting at his reduced ADP and can we expect Godwin to produce like he has in years past?  

Final point, no. He won’t produce like he has, but I still expect Brady to lean on him.

maybe rounds 3/4. If it were my team, and I had a good RB and WR1 - I’m happy with Godwin as WR2