Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

You guys value Pierce that much higher?

If you are going off upside, absolutely.  Some of that is I have dynasty mindset a lot and it sways my view for redraft leagues.  But I think the upside of Pierce is finishing as the rookie RB1 which is likely a mid level #2.  At worst I think he starts by the bye week and becomes a legit option to start each week.  Jamaal Williams is not really a player unless Swift gets hurt IMO but I guess thats ok since you would be getting Swift too.  He may get some goal line touches and tough yards but he isnt going to be regular enough to play.  I guess the difference between Hill and Claypool is pretty huge though so I get why you would do it but I do like Pierce quite a bit.  I do think Hill has a step back year though, not to being worthless but to being a WR10-15 instead of potential WR1.  I wouldn't be shocked if he and Robinson have similar fantasy production at the end of the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

RBs Pierce and A Gipson, where are they going in your standard drafts (essentially sandwiched between who)?

I’ve hated Gibson all year but him falling all draft season from the 4th to the 9th makes him kind of tempting. Still a hard no in the 8th though. 

I pick 6 in a half-ppr league and I got my top 5 guys locked in. My fear at number 6 is that I'm going to have to choose between Derrick Henry, Cooper Kupp, and Jamarr Chase. My concerns:

Henry - Age, mileage, and O-line
Kupp - Coming off a long, grueling, workhorse-type season; Stafford's elbow
Chase - Fewer red flags than Henry and Kupp but ceiling isn't as high

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I pick 6 in a half-ppr league and I got my top 5 guys locked in. My fear at number 6 is that I'm going to have to choose between Derrick Henry, Cooper Kupp, and Jamarr Chase. My concerns:

Thoughts?

I think that i don't want the 6/7 pick in the draft lol. 

I hate that spot this year  because it really puts a lot of pressure on your 2nd RB spot if you decide to go WR here because there's a chance you're going to miss on anyone worthwhile  at pick 30 and have to build through other positions (it may be more important that you take an elite, TE, for example)

That said, I think I probably am going Kupp / chase here, even in a .5 PPR. One, I don't think Henry is going to be uber efficient this year. He'll probably get his numbers, but that offense is kind of a mess to me, so I'm pretty concerned. If he drops off at all, it could be bad. Chase and Kupp, barring injury, will keep you from losing the league at the very least. 

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think that i don't want the 6/7 pick in the draft lol. 

I hate that spot this year  because it really puts a lot of pressure on your 2nd RB spot if you decide to go WR here because there's a chance you're going to miss on anyone worthwhile  at pick 30 and have to build through other positions (it may be more important that you take an elite, TE, for example)

That said, I think I probably am going Kupp / chase here, even in a .5 PPR. One, I don't think Henry is going to be uber efficient this year. He'll probably get his numbers, but that offense is kind of a mess to me, so I'm pretty concerned. If he drops off at all, it could be bad. Chase and Kupp, barring injury, will keep you from losing the league at the very least. 

I actually like pick 6 this year. I don't mind taking a WR in the first because I know I'm still guaranteed to get one of the 2nd tier guys in the next round (Lenny, Javonte, Aaron J, Saquon). Then you can get another star WR/TE in the 3rd (Pittman, AJ, Tee, Keenan, Pitts).

Hoping one of my top 5 guys gets to 6 but if not, I feel like I'm leaning Chase. Might be a slight reach considering his ADP but I agree with what you said, and he's probably the safest pick there.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I actually like pick 6 this year. I don't mind taking a WR in the first because I know I'm still guaranteed to get one of the 2nd tier guys in the next round (Lenny, Javonte, Aaron J, Saquon). Then you can get another star WR/TE in the 3rd (Pittman, AJ, Tee, Keenan, Pitts).

Hoping one of my top 5 guys gets to 6 but if not, I feel like I'm leaning Chase. Might be a slight reach considering his ADP but I agree with what you said, and he's probably the safest pick there.

12 team draft last week. 

Javonte went 2.3

Jones went 2.4

Barkley and Fournette were available 

14 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Thoughts?

I’d be going Kupp. Henry concerns me far too much, and the only other WR I’d out before Kupp is JJ. So..

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Doubs or Christian Watson?

Neither for me personally, rookie WRs historically haven’t done squat with Rodgers as their QB, MVS is the only WR since Rodgers has become their starter to reach 500+ yards receiving and that includes Jordy Nelson and Tae Adams. I’m speaking from a redraft pov here though. Dynasty league id have no idea. 

• Like 1