Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

General question for everybody  PPR 

Most of the top backs are being kept in my league. 

Harris, Kamara, Swift, Barkley, Jones will be at the top of the pecking order as the top backs are already rostered. My question is are any of these backs worth taking over one of the top 5 WR? 

I’m strongly considering stacking WR early and getting a platoon of mid level starters at RB. I only need to start 1 RB and can start 3 WR. 

I just don’t think I can pass up any top 5 WR for the names I listed. 

Any and all feedback is appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My big money draft is tonight. I know it’s hard to say, @BayRaider @JaguarCrazy2832, Given every league pans out slightly different, but what rounds do you think I should be looking for these;

Sutton, M Brown, Bateman, AJ Dillon, JJSS, Christian Watson. (12 team, .5 ppr).

high on these players but don’t want to overdraft them.

I am not sure off the top of my head but i was very high on Sutton, Bageman and Dillon and missed out on all. 
Sutton mid-3 to early 4

Bateman 6/7

Dillon 7

Dillons adp on espn is like 100 but goes way earlier. Pissed me off so much missing on him

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

General question for everybody  PPR 

Most of the top backs are being kept in my league. 

Harris, Kamara, Swift, Barkley, Jones will be at the top of the pecking order as the top backs are already rostered. My question is are any of these backs worth taking over one of the top 5 WR? 

I’m strongly considering stacking WR early and getting a platoon of mid level starters at RB. I only need to start 1 RB and can start 3 WR. 

I just don’t think I can pass up any top 5 WR for the names I listed. 

Any and all feedback is appreciated. 

In general PPR favors WR so most teams tend to start 3. Also given the injury history at RB, WRs are safer so I wouldn’t take any of those RBs over Kupp/Jefferson. I’m not as big on Najee as consensus so I probably take Chase ahead too. Not sure about WR4/5 v Najee though

Which do you like better? Non-PPR, start 2 RB 2 WR, 1 FLEX

RB:CMC

RB: Barkley

FLEX: 1 of Rhamondre-MG3-Mooney-S.Moore-Hines-Palmer-Gainwell

WR: Michael Pittman

WR: Gabe Davis

TE: Travis Kelce

or

RB: Rhamondre Stevenson

FLEX: 1 of Gabe Davis-MG3-Mooney-S.Moore-Hines-Palmer-Gainwell

WR: Cede Lamb

Basically its Saquon Barkley v Cede Lamb but you can gather by getting Pittman late R4 that WRs are so undervalued 

Barkley's upside is apparent but Lamb could have an epic year as the #1 but that RB2 spot sucks whereas at least the flex options arent terrible...but CMC/Barkley is like the biggest high risk/reward combo this year

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Which do you like better? Non-PPR, start 2 RB 2 WR, 1 FLEX

RB: Barkley

FLEX: 1 of Rhamondre-MG3-Mooney-S.Moore-Hines-Palmer-Gainwell

WR: Gabe Davis

or

RB: Rhamondre Stevenson

FLEX: 1 of Gabe Davis-MG3-Mooney-S.Moore-Hines-Palmer-Gainwell

WR: Cede Lamb

Basically its Saquon Barkley v Cede Lamb but you can gather by getting Pittman late R4 that WRs are so undervalued 

Barkley's upside is apparent but Lamb could have an epic year as the #1 but that RB2 spot sucks whereas at least the flex options arent terrible...but CMC/Barkley is like the biggest high risk/reward combo this year

Yeah I’m going with 2. I have no trust in Saquon though, whatsoever. So most people probably put this as a push or something. I’d definitely favour Lamb over Saquon though, personally. Packaged up in this is me expecting Rhamondre to take over as number 1 soon. But our OL isn’t great 

Edited by Hunter2_1

37 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I’m going with 2. I have no trust in Saquon though, whatsoever. So most people probably put this as a push or something. I’d definitely favour Lamb over Saquon though, personally. Packaged up in this is me expecting Rhamondre to take over as number 1 soon. But our OL isn’t great 

Yea i kind of hate myself for taking Barkley because Lamb has a legit floor and still great upside. I think if i had a less injury concern at RB1 it would’ve been fine. Dont love starting 3 WRs in non ppr but they would’ve been must starts every week while i figure out RB2. Not sold on Rhamondre as a must start 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In general PPR favors WR so most teams tend to start 3. Also given the injury history at RB, WRs are safer so I wouldn’t take any of those RBs over Kupp/Jefferson. I’m not as big on Najee as consensus so I probably take Chase ahead too. Not sure about WR4/5 v Najee though

So in essence, Najee ahead of Adams and Diggs but other than that, grab the WR? I thought I read he was dealing with a lisfranc injury??? Maybe I’m crazy. I feel like Kamara is up there too because it looks like the suspension will be next season. 

4 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

So in essence, Najee ahead of Adams and Diggs but other than that, grab the WR? I thought I read he was dealing with a lisfranc injury??? Maybe I’m crazy. I feel like Kamara is up there too because it looks like the suspension will be next season. 

In PPR Jones should be close to Kamara too imo. I have Diggs ahead of Adams in PPR. I probably take Najee ahead but tbh idk how bad his injury is, haven’t paid attention and never had the chance to draft him

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Still torn. 10 team PPR keep 1 from top 8 picks lose the pick that round keep 1 from bottom 8 lose that pick. I pick 5th (6th in even rounds)

Keeping Chase in round 8 

Need to decide between keeping Lamar (9th round)
Jeudy (10th round)
Michael Thomas (12th round)

Between either of those 2 for me

I feel like Mike Thomas carries a little more risk but can be a huge boom for you especially with that kind of value

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Between either of those 2 for me

I feel like Mike Thomas carries a little more risk but can be a huge boom for you especially with that kind of value

Yeah I think Jeudy carries his own risk but it’s more of his play than injury like with MT. Really a tough one for me. I drafted MT last year with the sole purpose of keeping him for this season so might just have to roll with that risk. 

33 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah I think Jeudy carries his own risk but it’s more of his play than injury like with MT. Really a tough one for me. I drafted MT last year with the sole purpose of keeping him for this season so might just have to roll with that risk. 

I do agree with the Jeudy take both carry some risk.

If thats the case I guess Id roll the dice with Michael Thomas. I only do few leagues a year and for what its worth hes on every one of my squads too.

Roll the dice and see your plan come to fruition.

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

I do agree with the Jeudy take both carry some risk.

If thats the case I guess Id roll the dice with Michael Thomas. I only do few leagues a year and for what its worth hes on every one of my squads too.

Roll the dice and see your plan come to fruition.

I also pick 5th and Kupp is being kept I expect Taylor, McCaffrey, Jefferson, Henry maybe to go top 4. Not sure where I should go at 5. Adams or Diggs? I’ll have Chase and MT and another top WR could really boost me or do I reach for RB. I’m not an Ekeler fan and think he is way overrated.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I also pick 5th and Kupp is being kept I expect Taylor, McCaffrey, Jefferson, Henry maybe to go top 4. Not sure where I should go at 5. Adams or Diggs? I’ll have Chase and MT and another top WR could really boost me or do I reach for RB. I’m not an Ekeler fan and think he is way overrated.

Id go with Adams personally, Diggs isnt too far behind but Adams > Diggs

Im also in the same boat as you about Ekeler, I could easily be wrong and very well might be but I just am not that big of a fan of him for whatever reason. I also dont expect him to score 20 TDs again either.

But RB is very scarce and Ekeler could help out with that, Maybe snag Kamara or Barkley in the 2nd if either of those 2 arent being kept.

Edited by mattyice0401