Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Watson regularly went in the 12th to 14th Round, just crazy value for his potential ceiling. Could Watson do absolutely nothing this year? Super possible. But his ceiling is insane. If he wins the WR1 job in Green Bay, he could absolutely explode for rookie of the year. I just can't pass up Watson's ceiling when his draft capital only cost a 12th-14th Round pick.

I think he'll fill in the MVS role and can definitely win you some games in best ball.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@BayRaider

In my main redraft league I currently have Sky Moore but Christian Watson is on waivers, what would you do?

I mean I have Skyy ranked above Watson for the year, my exposure to Watson is much higher because Skyy goes around the 9th and Watson around the 13th. Skyy is definitely not four rounds better than Watson for fantasy this year, from a value standpoint. 

For Week 1 though, both are massively risky. I would start Watson over Moore Week 1 because Lazard is injured. Skyy will be buried on the depth chart at least the first 2-5 weeks IMO. 

Who to keep season long at equal value? I would say Skyy Moore, but with hesitation. However….. have Watson over Skyy on your roster Week 1 in case Watson pops off Week 1, which is a huge sign he might be winning the WR1 job. If Watson does nothing Week 1, drop him for Moore if Moore is still there. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Both over Doubs for sure…. been saying all year Doubs is just a training camp darling like Terrace Marshall last year. 

When that Packer graphic shows up Week 1 it’ll be Watson/Watkins with Cobb in the slot, and Doubs no where to be found. 

Even if Doubs does start (unlikely), Watson will put up the better stat line by the time the game is over. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Saw some Hunt/Rams rumors the other day. Hunt to the Rams would be HUGE for Hunt owners. Hunt to the Rams would be HUGE for Akers owners (in a very bad way lol). I have a pretty big share of both RB's... although I have more Hunt than Akers.

If Hunt went to the Rams that would be terrible for Akers owners.  I have Akers in a few leagues, Hunt in a few leagues and would not want that trade to happen.  

If that trade doesn't happen Akers will resume the lead back role in short order, he is much more talented than Henderson.  It may be a few weeks though and I would keep Akers on my bench until he shows he is healthy and has a firm grasp on the lead role. 

What's you take on ARob?  It's one game but he was not targeted much.  Granted Stafford was harassed all game but his arm also looked compromised from the UCL injury that was talked about during the preseason. Anytime a player gets PRP injections that raises a major red flag to me. 

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Hunt went to the Rams that would be terrible for Akers owners.  I have Akers in a few leagues, Hunt in a few leagues and would not want that trade to happen.  

If that trade doesn't happen Akers will resume the lead back role in short order, he is much more talented than Henderson.  It may be a few weeks though and I would keep Akers on my bench until he shows he is healthy and has a firm grasp on the lead role. 

What's you take on ARob?  It's one game but he was not targeted much.  Granted Stafford was harassed all game but his arm also looked compromised from the UCL injury that was talked about during the preseason. Anytime a player gets PRP injections that raises a major red flag to me. 

I have an average exposure to ARob this year. 8% with 8% being average exposure. I don’t love him, I don’t hate him. I figured he’d start off Week 1 slow, and definitely don’t start him, but that slow? Jesus. Same ol ARob that burned me before…..

Not time to panic yet, but if he scores single digit points in Week 2, I think perhaps he is just washed. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have an average exposure to ARob this year. 8% with 8% being average exposure. I don’t love him, I don’t hate him. I figured he’d start off Week 1 slow, and definitely don’t start him, but that slow? Jesus. Same ol ARob that burned me before…..

Not time to panic yet, but if he scores single digit points in Week 2, I think perhaps he is just washed. 

Very true, I didn't expect him to be washed but it's possible.  I'm not panicking after week one but he was non existent out there.  

I am in a 10 team keeper league and my team is stacked.  My last roster spot is taken by K. Toney, whats your take on him with C. Watson on waivers.  Would it be insane to drop Toney for Watson?  Someone has to be the number 1 in GB and Lizard hasn't shown much in his career outside of his 8 TD's last year.   Toney has the skills to be a very good WR but Danny Pennies scares the **** out of me.  He is straight trash.  If Watson claims the #1 WR role in GB he could be a league winner. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Very true, I didn't expect him to be washed but it's possible.  I'm not panicking after week one but he was non existent out there.  

I am in a 10 team keeper league and my team is stacked.  My last roster spot is taken by K. Toney, whats your take on him with C. Watson on waivers.  Would it be insane to drop Toney for Watson?  Someone has to be the number 1 in GB and Lizard hasn't shown much in his career outside of his 8 TD's last year.   Toney has the skills to be a very good WR but Danny Pennies scares the **** out of me.  He is straight trash.  If Watson claims the #1 WR role in GB he could be a league winner. 

That’s a tough one. Toney is the only one I like on the entire Giants offense, but even he gives me pause. Giants have been my least drafted offense, by far. And you guessed it, Danny Anything-But-Dimes Jones. Trash was reincarnated, and it is Daniel Jones. 

I think you have to keep Toney though, as much as it pains me to say. He has ceiling too…. and not a rookie. I don’t feel good about it, but would keep Toney over Watson. Unless you have balls of steel. 

Anyone else you can drop for Watson?

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s a tough one. Toney is the only one I like on the entire Giants offense, but even he gives me pause. Giants have been my least drafted offense, by far. And you guessed it, Danny Anything-But-Dimes Jones. Trash was reincarnated, and it is Daniel Jones. 

I think you have to keep Toney though, as much as it pains me to say. He has ceiling too…. and not a rookie. I don’t feel good about it, but would keep Toney over Watson. Unless you have balls of steel. 

Anyone else you can drop for Watson?

Brian Robinson who was just shot and is on my IR. I have no one else to stash there.  Ken Walker may not play this week and if he is ruled out I can put him on IR and drop Robinson for Watson.  Gibson is garbage and as soon as Robinson heals up I expect him to take over the majority of the carries in that backfield.  

I also have James Cook who **** the bed last night.  

What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Brian Robinson who was just shot and is on my IR. I have no one else to stash there.  Ken Walker may not play this week and if he is ruled out I can put him on IR and drop Robinson for Watson.  Gibson is garbage and as soon as Robinson heals up I expect him to take over the majority of the carries in that backfield.  

I also have James Cook who **** the bed last night.  

What do you think?

I’d personally drop Cook for Watson but that’s a BOLD take and you should seek out multiple opinions on that one. Cook imo is a undersized scat (receiving) back who isn’t going to much this year. I never really understood the hype. Seems the Bills are in agreement and testing out Zack Moss in the receiving game. 

Cook might have a couple good games this year (doubt it) but Watson’s ceiling you can’t pass up for James Cook. Watson could explode. Cook’s ceiling is literally a few usable weeks. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’d personally drop Cook for Watson but that’s a BOLD take and you should seek out multiple opinions on that one. Cook imo is a undersized scat (receiving) back who isn’t going to much this year. I never really understood the hype. Seems the Bills are in agreement and testing out Zack Moss in the receiving game. 

Cook might have a couple good games this year (doubt it) but Watson’s ceiling you can’t pass up for James Cook. Watson could explode. Cook’s ceiling is literally a few usable weeks. 

Man, that is bold.  I'm not disagreeing with you as I am clearly intrigued with Watsons potential.  He could blow up big time with Rogers at the helm and Cook has to go through Singletary and Moss to assume the lead back role.  The thing that scares me is that Singletary and Moss are both average at best and Cook was drafted in the 2nd round to the most explosive O in the NFL.  Do you think that the Bills brass would spend a 2nd on a player they view as a scat back?  Based on his draft position I would guess they view his potential as more than that. 

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Man, that is bold.  I'm not disagreeing with you as I am clearly intrigued with Watsons potential.  He could blow up big time with Rogers at the helm and Cook has to go through Singletary and Moss to assume the lead back role.  The thing that scares me is that Singletary and Moss are both average at best and Cook was drafted in the 2nd round to the most explosive O in the NFL.  Do you think that the Bills brass would spend a 2nd on a player they view as a scat back?  Based on his draft position I would guess they view his potential as more than that. 

I think the Bills will take a heavy RB by committee approach all season to keep their guys fresh for a playoff run.