Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d personally drop Cook for Watson but that’s a BOLD take and you should seek out multiple opinions on that one. Cook imo is a undersized scat (receiving) back who isn’t going to much this year. I never really understood the hype. Seems the Bills are in agreement and testing out Zack Moss in the receiving game. 

Cook might have a couple good games this year (doubt it) but Watson’s ceiling you can’t pass up for James Cook. Watson could explode. Cook’s ceiling is literally a few usable weeks. 

Watson was a pretty low volume player at NDSU, what are the chances he breaks out as a rookie after missing a significant portion of training camp?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the Bills will take a heavy RB by committee approach all season to keep their guys fresh for a playoff run.

Would you drop either Cook or Toney for Watson or take the wait and see approach? If Watson blows up week 1 I'm screwed as I will never get him.  He may be eased in though as he has missed a lot of the offseason recovering from knee surgery.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Would you drop either Cook or Toney for Watson or take the wait and see approach? If Watson blows up week 1 I'm screwed as I will never get him.  He may be eased in though as he has missed a lot of the offseason recovering from knee surgery.  

How's your RB/WR depth? I wouldn't drop Toney in any scenario, his upside is too high, imo. I'd probably drop Cook and just see what happens with Watson, after Cook's dismal performance I'd guess he'll still be there in a week or two even if you want to move off of Watson.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

How's your RB/WR depth? I wouldn't drop Toney in any scenario, his upside is too high, imo. I'd probably drop Cook and just see what happens with Watson, after Cook's dismal performance I'd guess he'll still be there in a week or two even if you want to move off of Watson.

It's a keeper league with a "prospect" keeper being one of the three we keep.  I don't want to bore you with the details but Cook will get swooped up without question as he very well could be a prospect keeper with starting potential.  Singletary is a FA after this year and is most likely gone.  It's a tough call....

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's a keeper league with a "prospect" keeper being one of the three we keep.  I don't want to bore you with the details but Cook will get swooped up without question as he very well could be a prospect keeper with starting potential.  Singletary is a FA after this year and is most likely gone.  It's a tough call....

Then I'd just keep Cook to be honest, Lazard should be back soon and Watson is likely 4th/5th on the depth chart behind Lazard, Cobb, Watkins, and Doubs. Not to mention the Packers will also utilize their RBs in the passing game as much as any team in the NFL. Watson was never a high volume player in college and to me profiles more like a MVS type in their scheme. 

• Like 1

It is also an IDP league and I could drop one of my D players for Watson.  That would be a bold move in week one but I had Allen and Diggs go last night and I have a 65 pt lead on the guy.  I should blow him out but would kick myself if I'm wrong and that move cost me a win.... 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

What are some of the things that you're most intrigued to see in regards to your players this weekend?

Some of mine:

• How does the Packers offense look without Adams and will Rodgers be able to sustain elite production with a so-so WR group?

• How will the Dolphins use Mostert and if Edmonds/Mostert are really 1A/1B as they've implied.

• Saquan's workload behind the Giants rebuilt offensive line and in a new system.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Watson was a pretty low volume player at NDSU, what are the chances he breaks out as a rookie after missing a significant portion of training camp?

I’m not confident in it, but for a 12-14th Round Pick I will take that all day. He also was probably the most athletic WR of the draft. Reminds me of Chase Claypool, but more potential. The Watson pick for me is you are getting a shot at a massive ceiling if he breaks out for just a 12th Round Pick. The value there is insane. I’m not saying it’s going to happen or likely to happen. But for that draft capital, and that possible ceiling, it’s a no brainer. 

Comparing Watson to Cook straight up, even in a keeper league, I’m taking Watson all day. That is me being more low on Cook than being high on Watson though. I don’t think Cook is going to be much of anything, just a third down receiving back throughout his career. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not confident in it, but for a 12-14th Round Pick I will take that all day. He also was probably the most athletic WR of the draft. Reminds me of Chase Claypool, but more potential. The Watson pick for me is you are getting a shot at a massive ceiling if he breaks out for just a 12th Round Pick. The value there is insane. I’m not saying it’s going to happen or likely to happen. But for that draft capital, and that possible ceiling, it’s a no brainer. 

Comparing Watson to Cook straight up, even in a keeper league, I’m taking Watson all day. That is me being more low on Cook than being high on Watson though. I don’t think Cook is going to be much of anything, just a third down receiving back throughout his career. 

I like Watson's upside for sure, just interested to see how he fits in with their WR group. He's someone that's much better for best ball though, Imo.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I like Watson's upside for sure, just interested to see how he fits in with their WR group. He's someone that's much better for best ball though, Imo.

Rodgers is hard and demanding of his receivers, they need to be where he expects them to be when he expects them there, I don’t recall any rookie receiver really seeing much attention once the regular season started in his career. That’s why a lot of people myself included saw Lazard stepping into the #1, he has the reps with Rodgers. Watson doesn’t have any of those reps

3 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Rodgers is hard and demanding of his receivers, they need to be where he expects them to be when he expects them there, I don’t recall any rookie receiver really seeing much attention once the regular season started in his career. That’s why a lot of people myself included saw Lazard stepping into the #1, he has the reps with Rodgers. Watson doesn’t have any of those reps

Agreed. I actually like Watkins as a sleeper this season, it hasn't been a great stretch for him but he's still relatively young and has a ton of experience playing for good teams. I don't really see any of the Packers pass catchers being super consistent though I think you guys will spread it out. I'd guess Watson does get some burn though because he has the elite speed that can take the top off a defense that none of your other WRs have.

How do you feel about Rodgers in fantasy this year?

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. I actually like Watkins as a sleeper this season, it hasn't been a great stretch for him but he's still relatively young and has a ton of experience playing for good teams. I don't really see any of the Packers pass catchers being super consistent though I think you guys will spread it out. I'd guess Watson does get some burn though because he has the elite speed that can take the top off a defense that none of your other WRs have.

How do you feel about Rodgers in fantasy this year?

I haven’t seen any reason Rodgers won’t produce, The statistical down years he had a couple years ago seem to match with the rumored frustrations with the previous coaching staff. When Adam’s has been out the last over the last two years, Rodgers just spread the ball around, feel more of the same and with all the uncertainties at receiver and there are two very solid pass catchers in the backfield. I predict less than 10% decrease in gross numbers from last year though the efficiency will likely be more affected.

9 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Lazard will be the primary target to start the year, but I’ve never seen people overrate a WR so much this offseason. Lazard is meh. 

As for Rodgers not trusting rookie WR and not using them much, that is true. However, you’re also not counting that those WR’s were no where close to as athletic as Christian Watson.