Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

There is a guy in my money league, who never trades, who drafted a team that has this receiver group:

Lamb, Hill, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Amon St Brown, Michael Thomas, Rashod Bateman, Darnell Mooney. 

He has never made a single trade in the league that goes back like a decade. 

I have no idea what his plan is with all of those guys. 

First time for everything. Id be sending out offers lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

He probably doesnt wanna get fleeced or have it back fire on him with an injury or something. Im not good with trades in fantasy for some reason, but feel Im pretty good at drafting and everything in between.

It's the general setting of about half the league. 

One guy has never traded again since a deal we made where I sent him Torry Holt for Thomas Jones lol That should give you a good idea of how long it's been. 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

There’s 3 guys who really stand out to me in waivers: 

Garrett Wilson 

Kenny Walker 

Curtis Samuel 

I guess the league is more shallow 

Not buying into any Samuel hype after a good week 1 performance. However I’m very intrigued by Wilson and Walker. I have both stashed currently.

I think Penny’s days are numbered as the primary ball carrier in Seattle. Walker should play this weekend, but will probably be limited workload coming back from injury. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit of Walker shows his game breaking ability in the next few weeks and gets a significant workload going forward.

Garrett Wilson has a less than ideal QB situation currently, but still managed 8 targets in week 1. He looks to be the most talented WR on the Jets roster and I expect him to be the go to guy by the end of the season over Moore/Davis. There’s a reason he was picked so high in the draft. I’d also mention he was open for 2 touchdowns in week 1 but Flacco missed him. Wilson showed he has no issue getting open and making plays though, so I expect him to see steady targets going forward.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Added Burkhead to my running back stable when sending out Wilson & Penny. 

I have one open roster spot...debating on TDP or White

White is the better long term stash, but TDP might have some really good value with Mitchell out. I would roster both. This is why I would never do a league with less than 17 Roster Spots + an IR spot. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

White is the better long term stash, but TDP might have some really good value with Mitchell out. I would roster both. This is why I would never do a league with less than 17 Roster Spots + an IR spot. 

I think I'm going to go with Stevenson if I can get him (someone dropped him today), but will go with White if someone else claims him.

Seems like the expectation is Mason gets first crack at spelling Wilson for the niners according to barrows 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Not buying into any Samuel hype after a good week 1 performance. However I’m very intrigued by Wilson and Walker. I have both stashed currently.

I was so-so on Curtis Samuel as well until I went back and watched his film from week one. 

He was WR25 two years ago with the Panthers and the Commanders gave him $11.5M APY last offseason but he was hurt for most of last season. So I don't think it was a fluke in terms of how much they tried to get him the ball last week. 

Watching the tape almost all of his looks were manufactured touches on handoffs, screens, and short passes. They made a consistent effort to try and get him the ball in space and his ADOT for his 11 targets was 1.0 yards down the field. During their final drive they went to him multiple times both as a receiver and a runner when they needed to get in position to score. 

• Like 1

I think Samuel will be dialed down a bit for Week 2, but I always liked Samuel over Dotson this year and didn't buy into the Dotson training camp hype. In 106 drafts, I have McLaurin on probably 25 of those, Samuel on like 17-18, and Dotson on 3. And had BRob on like 15ish before injury. I was really big on the Commanders offense entering the season. They are stacked. 

Loving my team in my main league...

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Saquan Barkley | Kareem Hunt | Raheem Mostert 

RB - Joe Mixon | Darrell Henderson 

WR - Michael Pittman | Courtland Sutton | Curtis Samuel 

WR - Michael Thomas | Gabe Davis | Robert Woods

TE - Gerald Everett 

K - Ryan Succop 

DST - Denver

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Loving my team in my main league...

QB - Aaron Rodgers