Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's literally what they said last season about Trey Sermon and he was selected highly in fantasy drafts then literally never played. I'm also a little worried about all the 49ers RBs because Lance figures to take away red zone touches.

Trey Sermon was a bust, and had poor speed. One of the main things you need for Shanahan’s scheme is speed and burst. Davis-Price has both. I think Davis-Price is being criminally undervalued because of the Sermon hype busting hard last year. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Trey Sermon was a bust, and had poor speed. One of the main things you need for Shanahan’s scheme is speed and burst. Davis-Price has both. I think Davis-Price is being criminally undervalued because of the Sermon hype busting hard last year. 

TDP could be worth a late round flier for sure.

I asked this in the keeper thread but wanted some updated answers.

I can either keep Ja'Marr Chase, Nick Chubb and I think now I can add Mike Evans(doubt  I'll do it but with the news that Godwin could be slowly brought back, keeping Evans has entered the discussion) or I can play the lottery. 1 PT PPR scoring with .5 per carry.

If I play the lottery, I believe the best player in the pool with the Justin Jefferson then Case then probably a RB like Joe Mixon(it would be Kamara but it seems like he's gonna get suspended).

So What would you guys do?

On 6/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I asked this in the keeper thread but wanted some updated answers.

I can either keep Ja'Marr Chase, Nick Chubb and I think now I can add Mike Evans(doubt  I'll do it but with the news that Godwin could be slowly brought back, keeping Evans has entered the discussion) or I can play the lottery. 1 PT PPR scoring with .5 per carry.

If I play the lottery, I believe the best player in the pool with the Justin Jefferson then Case then probably a RB like Joe Mixon(it would be Kamara but it seems like he's gonna get suspended).

So What would you guys do?

Lottery?

Also can you keep 1 or 2?

On 6/29/2022 at 11:59 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on Javonte Williams? will it be an even split with Gordon or will Javonte get a 60/40 split?

I’m not looking Javonte’s way anywhere near his current ADP. To many options.

however, I looooove Gordon at his price. Feels like he’s been around forever, but he’s still only 29.  I don’t think Williams production will be that distant from Gordon.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Lottery?

Also can you keep 1 or 2?

Yeah every third year, we have the option to recycle our keeper. All teams who chose to, will into a mini draft basically for keepers(order is randomized).

Can only keep 1.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

11 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah every third year, we have the option to recycle our keeper. All teams who chose to, will into a mini draft basically for keepers(order is randomized).

Can only keep 1.

Okay so let me get this straight:

Option A is you keep 1 of: Chase, Evans or Chubb

Option B, You keep no one, all 3 of them are thrown back in a pool that includes those 3 and also Jefferson & Mixon?

Is the lottery for those that dont have a keeper? so its possible there are 6 keepers and 6 playing the lottery?

Is there a way for you to put a big board together? 

What I would do assuming the lottery is just for those without a keeper, make a best guess of top guys available and assume you are given a middle of the round pick, is that spot better than Chase/Chubb?

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Okay so let me get this straight:

Option A is you keep 1 of: Chase, Evans or Chubb

Option B, You keep no one, all 3 of them are thrown back in a pool that includes those 3 and also Jefferson & Mixon?

Is the lottery for those that dont have a keeper? so its possible there are 6 keepers and 6 playing the lottery?

Is there a way for you to put a big board together? 

What I would do assuming the lottery is just for those without a keeper, make a best guess of top guys available and assume you are given a middle of the round pick, is that spot better than Chase/Chubb?

1. Yes

2. Yep all three will go back in the pool along with Jefferson/Mixon.

3. Lottery is for all, if they choose to. You don't have to and can just keep a player from last year's team.

4. According to what I am seeing, there will be at a min. 2 teams playing the lottery.

Players I expect to be kept:

Aaron Jones
Najee Harris
Derrick Henry
Austin Ekeler
Cooper Kupp
Ja'Marr Chase***
Christian McCaffery
Jonathan Taylor
Dalvin Cook
Davante Adams

Below is my guess at the top 12 or so players if I was to play the Lottery.

8 Ja'Marr Chase CIN WR
9 Justin Jefferson MIN WR
10 Joe Mixon CIN RB
11 D'Andre Swift DET RB
14 Stefon Diggs BUF WR
15 Tyreek Hill MIA WR
16 Mark Andrews BAL TE
17 Leonard Fournette TB RB
18 CeeDee Lamb DAL WR
19 Deebo Samuel SF WR
20 Travis Kelce KC TE
21 Mike Evans TB WR
22 Nick Chubb CLE RB
23 Javonte Williams DEN RB

Overall, Is the gap between Chase and Jefferson that small or is it worth risking losing both in hopes that I land Jefferson. I like both Chase and Jefferson but I see Jefferson as the more consistent player? but I could be wrong and Chase ups his receptions total this year.

I think I am keeping Chase but I'm just bored at work and would like to hear folk's input.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

1. Yes

3. Lottery is for all, if they choose to. You don't have to and can just keep a player from last year's team.

4. According to what I am seeing, there will be at a min. 2 teams playing the lottery.

Aaron Jones
Najee Harris
Derrick Henry
Austin Ekeler
Cooper Kupp
Ja'Marr Chase***
Christian McCaffery
Jonathan Taylor
Dalvin Cook
Davante Adams

8 Ja'Marr Chase CIN WR
10 Joe Mixon CIN RB
11 D'Andre Swift DET RB
14 Stefon Diggs BUF WR
15 Tyreek Hill MIA WR
16 Mark Andrews BAL TE
18 CeeDee Lamb DAL WR
19 Deebo Samuel SF WR
20 Travis Kelce KC TE
21 Mike Evans TB WR
22 Nick Chubb CLE RB

Overall, Is the gap between Chase and Jefferson that small or is it worth risking losing both in hopes that I land Jefferson. I like both Chase and Jefferson but I see Jefferson as the more consistent player? but I could be wrong and Chase ups his receptions total this year.

I think I am keeping Chase but I'm just bored at work and would like to hear folk's input.

I don't think the gap between Jefferson and Chase is worth risking it.  If you know what pick you get in the lottery, than maybe if you like one over the other but for dynasty purposes those two are #2 and 3 on most lists.  Potentially missing out on #3 because you like #2 a little more isn't worth potentially ending up with someone else on that list.  For redraft leagues they are both top 10 (6-9 on most lists but Chase has been going top 4 in every bestball I have done).  I would just keep Chase and not worry about who your keeper is going to be for a few years knowing you likely have the new version of Devante Adams. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

1. Yes

Aaron Jones
Najee Harris
Derrick Henry
Austin Ekeler
Cooper Kupp
Ja'Marr Chase***
Christian McCaffery
Jonathan Taylor
Dalvin Cook
Davante Adams

8 Ja'Marr Chase CIN WR
10 Joe Mixon CIN RB
11 D'Andre Swift DET RB
14 Stefon Diggs BUF WR
15 Tyreek Hill MIA WR
16 Mark Andrews BAL TE
18 CeeDee Lamb DAL WR
19 Deebo Samuel SF WR
20 Travis Kelce KC TE
21 Mike Evans TB WR
22 Nick Chubb CLE RB

If you’re expecting 10 guys kept doesnt that mean only 2 are playing the lottery?

• Like 1