Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

Thinking about late round guys, I’m becoming pretty interested in Logan Thomas who everyone apparently thinks is dead or something.

I get he’s coming of an injury, but as likely the last pick in a draft, he’s certainly going to return value as he gets Wentz who is very well known to hyper-target his TE. 

I think this might be the year I draft two TEs.  Target Kmet (for the upside of being 1 of 2 targets in Chicago and can drop if it doesn’t materialize ) or Ertz for the strong 6 week bump without Hopkins. 

Stash Thomas as an upside pick, but droppable if his injury lingers into the season. I mean dude is 100% free.

For what it’s worth, I play in a 2 QB leagues, so drafting early TEs usually isn’t ideal. 

I have a lot of Chark/St. Brown/Jameson, and lately a decent amount of Hockenson. I also have a lot of Moore/Wilson/Davis for the Jets. No one can say Goff and Wilson don’t have great weapon cores. No excuses for those guys this year. 

Originally didn’t like St. Brown but he was falling to the Early-Mid 7th in a lot of drafts and I just couldn’t pass up that value. His ADP has corrected to Late 5th-Early 6th so I will no longer be drafting him as his value has corrected. 

A lot of my favorite guys ADP’s are correcting to their actual value. Trey Lance was a 10th Rounder, then 9th, then 8th, and now Mid 7th. I have a lot of Lance shares, more than any QB, but 7th Round is where I draw the line. 

I think I’m done drafting. ADP’s are normalizing. When it comes to big Bestball Tournaments like on FFPC, Underdog, Drafters, and DraftKings, you want to draft early before ADP’s normalize. You can get wild 2-4 round advantages. Every single bestball tournament winner has come from June or Early July. You risk injury but high risk, high reward. 

I have done 30 BestBall Tournament Drafts and calling it a day for the year. 10 on FFPC, 12 on Underdog, and 8 on Drafters (although I prefer Drafters and will be doing a lot there next year, I just barely discovered them). 

1st pick is always Taylor, no brainer. 2nd pick is always McCaffrey, no brainer. If I pick anywhere else, I have been mixing it up between Najee Harris, Derrick Henry, Justin Jefferson, and Joe Mixon, with majority being Najee Harris. Harris could easily finish as RB1 this season. 

I don’t have any Chase or Kupp shares. I’m not a huge fan of WR’s in the 1st, and I’m pretty confident Jefferson is WR1 this season. 

Breece Hall has been going in the Mid 4th Round as RB19 which is a STEAL. He is almost a lock to finish as a Top 12 RB barring injury. SIXTEEN Rookie RB’s have finished in the TOP TEN in the past ten years. That’s 1.6 per year. Hall will be a workhorse and PPR monster. Do not overrate the Michael Carter situation. Carter will likely only see 25% of the workload. Hall is just way too talented. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Courtland Sutton/Gabe Davis ADP's have sky rocketed up

Not worth the risk now. Glad I have most of my Sutton shares in the Late 4th/Early 5th. Now he’s going Late 3rd.  

This is the time of the year ADP’s start stabilizing which greatly decrease your chances of winning a big tournament. 

Picked in the 1.01 spot in one of my re-draft leagues. Full PPR, 12 team league, 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/K/DST

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Jonathan Taylor | Chase Edmonds | Darrel Williams

RB: Javonte Williams | Rhamondre Stevenson

WR: Keenan Allen | Hollywood Brown | Jarvis Landry 

WR: Courtland Sutton | Robert Woods | MVS

TE: TJ Hockenson 

For BestBall this is the roster construction that usually always wins:

18 Roster Spots:

2 QB 2 TE 9 WR 5 RB

20 Roster Spots:

2 QB 2 TE 9 WR 6 RB, final roster spot your choice of anything. I usually do TE or BPA. 

Also, a vast majority of tournament winners always went with a Top 5 Ranked TE. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I have a lot of Chark/St. Brown/Jameson, and lately a decent amount of Hockenson. I also have a lot of Moore/Wilson/Davis for the Jets. No one can say Goff and Wilson don’t have great weapon cores. No excuses for those guys this year. 

Originally didn’t like St. Brown but he was falling to the Early-Mid 7th in a lot of drafts and I just couldn’t pass up that value. His ADP has corrected to Late 5th-Early 6th so I will no longer be drafting him as his value has corrected. 

A lot of my favorite guys ADP’s are correcting to their actual value. Trey Lance was a 10th Rounder, then 9th, then 8th, and now Mid 7th. I have a lot of Lance shares, more than any QB, but 7th Round is where I draw the line. 

I think I’m done drafting. ADP’s are normalizing. When it comes to big Bestball Tournaments like on FFPC, Underdog, Drafters, and DraftKings, you want to draft early before ADP’s normalize. You can get wild 2-4 round advantages. Every single bestball tournament winner has come from June or Early July. You risk injury but high risk, high reward. 

Goff is a decent option in re-draft leagues or best bal late.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Leonard Fournette is my favorite RB in the second round, and should finish as a 1st Round value. He was the RB2 in the second half of the season, and the Bucs use their RB’s more than anyone minus Pittsburgh. 

Forgot which TB reporter said it but he expects them to be a heavier run team this year with Bowles as HC.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, BayRaider said:

For BestBall this is the roster construction that usually always wins:

18 Roster Spots:

2 QB 2 TE 9 WR 5 RB

20 Roster Spots:

2 QB 2 TE 9 WR 6 RB, final roster spot your choice of anything. I usually do TE or BPA. 

Also, a vast majority of tournament winners always went with a Top 5 Ranked TE. 

I have typically grabbed an extra QB.  Be it bye weeks or just someone like Tua or Goff having the chance to blow up a couple of weeks helps IMO more than a 9th WR or a dart at a RB.  Obviously less chances for that super steal like Elijah Mitchell but sill tough to draft some of those 4th/5th WRs over a starting QB. 

On 5/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Currently mid-draft of a startup dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE 2 Flex *Full PPR for RB/WR and 1.5 for TE's*). Drafting from the 7th spot out of 12 teams. Here's my team so far

QB: L. Jackson

RB: CMC, Gibson, Cook

WR: AJ Brown and Godwin

TE: Waller

Q: I'm on the clock next, so I'm deciding between WR's at this spot. Who's your top 3 out of this group?

Mooney, Bateman, G. Davis, Aiyuk, St. Brown, Juju

Leaning Bateman, but am also high on Mooney as well. Thoughts?

Mooney, Bateman are close.  Both WR1 but more run based offense.

ARSB is intriguing.  Swift + Hockenson being back and Chark and Williams added probably dampens his ceiling. 

Davis, Aiyuk are next.

Juju needs to show it before I trust him.

I'd be good with Mooney/ Bateman/ ARSB and may give the edge to Bateman with the Lamar stack

On 7/11/2022 at 7:31 PM, NYRaider said:

Picked in the 1.01 spot in one of my re-draft leagues. Full PPR, 12 team league, 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/K/DST

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Jonathan Taylor | Chase Edmonds | Darrel Williams

RB: Javonte Williams | Rhamondre Stevenson

WR: Keenan Allen | Hollywood Brown | Jarvis Landry 

WR: Courtland Sutton | Robert Woods | MVS

TE: TJ Hockenson 

How did Javonte last until pick 24?   That seems crazy

I haven't looked at redraft much yet, so maybe I'm too much in dynasty/ large keeper mindset

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

How did Javonte last until pick 24?   That seems crazy

I haven't looked at redraft much yet, so maybe I'm too much in dynasty/ large keeper mindset

Javonte usually goes around the 24-25 turn. He was being drafted at the 12-13 turn in May but the Gordon signing made his value take a full round off.