Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I have typically grabbed an extra QB.  Be it bye weeks or just someone like Tua or Goff having the chance to blow up a couple of weeks helps IMO more than a 9th WR or a dart at a RB.  Obviously less chances for that super steal like Elijah Mitchell but sill tough to draft some of those 4th/5th WRs over a starting QB. 

Third QB teams are usually the teams I see win the least looking at Top 10 finishes in big tournaments. The only time I would ever do a third QB is if I’m taking my first QB really late like Round 11 or 12, and hoping that first QB breaks out, while also having a 3rd QB as insurance. For example I just went with Lawrence R12, Wentz R15, and Mills R16 in a Drafters draft. While this team has a low chance of success, it depends on Lawrence breaking out (ridiculously possible), and Wentz and Mills having splash games. Wentz and Mille are good bestball splash QB’s, there good games are big and their bad games are horrendous. Whereas guys like Goff and Mac Jones tend to be more consistent week to week, and better for regular leagues and not bestball. 

In a 18 person roster, I would only take 3 QB’s like 10% of the time. In a 20 person roster, maybe 20% of the time. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Third QB teams are usually the teams I see win the least looking at Top 10 finishes in big tournaments. The only time I would ever do a third QB is if I’m taking my first QB really late like Round 11 or 12, and hoping that first QB breaks out, while also having a 3rd QB as insurance. For example I just went with Lawrence R12, Wentz R15, and Mills R16 in a Drafters draft. While this team has a low chance of success, it depends on Lawrence breaking out (ridiculously possible), and Wentz and Mills having splash games. Wentz and Mille are good bestball splash QB’s, there good games are big and their bad games are horrendous. Whereas guys like Goff and Mac Jones tend to be more consistent week to week, and better for regular leagues and not bestball. 

In a 18 person roster, I would only take 3 QB’s like 10% of the time. In a 20 person roster, maybe 20% of the time. 

I don’t get how that 10th WR has more value than a third QB in a 20 man roster. I just finished one and the last WRs I took were Metchie, Terrace Marshall and Josh Gordon. The RBs were absolute garbage, the WR left we’re like Quintez Cepheus.  I don’t ever see someone like that outscoring my other 7/8 WRs. I ended with Stafford, Goff, and Carr. 

12 team, half ppr rookie* keeper league.

My keepers:
RB Alvin Kamara*
RB Leonard Fournette
RB Eli Mitchell.

I have the 2nd overall pick which will either be Breece Hall or Austin Ekeler.

I also have the 12th pick and two second rounds. If the opportunity to grab either Kelce/Kittle or Josh Allen is there at 12, should I do it? And then grab my WRs in round 2. Or should I hammer another RB with one of those picks and still go WR with the others.

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

12 team, half ppr rookie* keeper league.

My keepers:
RB Alvin Kamara*
RB Leonard Fournette
RB Eli Mitchell.

I have the 2nd overall pick which will either be Breece Hall or Austin Ekeler.

I also have the 12th pick and two second rounds. If the opportunity to grab either Kelce/Kittle or Josh Allen is there at 12, should I do it? And then grab my WRs in round 2. Or should I hammer another RB with one of those picks and still go WR with the others.

All depends on which players are being kept by other teams.

Your keepers give you 3 RB ( Kamara looming suspension muddies it some).  If you take Hall/ Ekeler at 1.2, then getting some WR seems necessary vs more RB.  With 11 other teams each keeping 3 players, WR might be into tier 3 types options

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

All depends on which players are being kept by other teams.

Your keepers give you 3 RB ( Kamara looming suspension muddies it some).  If you take Hall/ Ekeler at 1.2, then getting some WR seems necessary vs more RB.  With 11 other teams each keeping 3 players, WR might be into tier 3 types options

Based on who I know is going back and how my league drafts, I’d say the names I’d be looking at at the end of round 1, beginning of round 2 are the likes of Sutton, Cooper, Marquise Brown, Metcalf, Pittman and DJ Moore

10 team Superflex PPR, start up dynasty draft right around the corner... I have pick #5. Assuming the first 4 picks are QBs... I should be able to get either Kyler or Burrow depending on whos available but if there is a JT or Chase sighting in the top 4, then I'd have my pick, again I assume this is how its going to playout

1. Allen
2. Mahomes
3. Herbert
4. Burrow
5. Murray

OOOORRRRR

1. JT
2. Allen
3. Mahomes
4. Herbert
5. Burrow or Kyler ... 

Who you taking between the 2. I'm leaning more towards Burrow due to the fact he'll likely have Chase for the long run.

39 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

10 team Superflex PPR, start up dynasty draft right around the corner... I have pick #5. Assuming the first 4 picks are QBs... I should be able to get either Kyler or Burrow depending on whos available but if there is a JT or Chase sighting in the top 4, then I'd have my pick, again I assume this is how its going to playout

1. Allen
2. Mahomes
3. Herbert
4. Burrow
5. Murray

OOOORRRRR

1. JT
2. Allen
3. Mahomes
4. Herbert
5. Burrow or Kyler ... 

Who you taking between the 2. I'm leaning more towards Burrow due to the fact he'll likely have Chase for the long run.

depends on QB scoring.  10 teams leagues, QB seem to be less in demand and if the QB scoring is...... 4 point per TD and 0.04 point passing yards (1 point for 25 yards)..... in PPR, there might be WR that are as good of value.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

depends on QB scoring.  10 teams leagues, QB seem to be less in demand and if the QB scoring is...... 4 point per TD and 0.04 point passing yards (1 point for 25 yards)..... in PPR, there might be WR that are as good of value.  

6 points per TD (pass and rush). 1 point per 25 yards

On 6/25/2022 at 12:59 AM, BayRaider said:

Trey Sermon was a bust, and had poor speed. One of the main things you need for Shanahan’s scheme is speed and burst. Davis-Price has both. I think Davis-Price is being criminally undervalued because of the Sermon hype busting hard last year. 

I agree with this if his pass protection is a a good as advertised I think he creates a role early on. Take a late round flyer in every draft. 

I don’t think I would draft much Henry in Full PPR but in Half PPR like underdog I’ve been smashing him in the 1st. He’s been falling to Pick 9 and 10 often. In half point PPR, only guy I’m taking over Henry with confidence is Taylor. 

In full point PPR I will definitely take Taylor, McCaffrey, Jefferson, Eckler, and possibly even Swift over Henry. 

This will probably be the last year I draft Henry though. Once RB’s turn 28, they usually aren’t worth a 1st round pick, and Henry is 28. I’m just giving him a one year benefit of the doubt because he’s a freak. But this will probably be the last year he is ever worth a 1st round pick. 

Am I the only one who thinks Justin Fields might blow up this year? He schedule is a cake walk. His coaching should be better and now he isn't a raw rookie. He doesn't even need to be a great QB, just look at Jalen Hurts fantasy success. Could Fields be a rock solid QB1 drafted in the late rounds?

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Am I the only one who thinks Justin Fields might blow up this year? He schedule is a cake walk. His coaching should be better and now he isn't a raw rookie. He doesn't even need to be a great QB, just look at Jalen Hurts fantasy success. Could Fields be a rock solid QB1 drafted in the late rounds?

Definitely possible… but what does he have except Mooney/Kmet? The Bears are also the worst OL in the entire NFL. 

I have Lance/Fields as my QB1/QB2 in a lot of BestBall Tournaments, but Fields is definitely a big gamble. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Definitely possible… but what does he have except Mooney/Kmet? The Bears are also the worst OL in the entire NFL. 

I have Lance/Fields as my QB1/QB2 in a lot of BestBall Tournaments, but Fields is definitely a big gamble. 

he will look to run more without elite playmakers. his schedule is really juicy 

Edited by Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he will look to run more without elite playmakers. his schedule is really juicy 

Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Mac, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson have the juiciest schedules this year. With Zach Wilson, Kyler Murray, and Lamar Jackson having the toughest. 

Russell Wilson plays cakewalk secondary’s almost all season. Wilson/Sutton/Jeudy might win a ton of leagues this year.