Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

5 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

So I need to win to clinch 1st place, my buy in money for winning the regular season, and a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Both JT and Kamara (who’s been trash lately) are on byes. My options on my bench are Pacheco who’s pretty much cemented in a starting spot this week, Jeff Wilson, and Kareem Hunt. Would it be worth using the #1 waiver priority on James Cook for this one week. Or do I roll the dice with one of my bench guys?

i think I would roll with Wilson. Much easier matchup this week vs LAC.

Thank god I clinched early. It's allowed for to get froggy on some stuff where i may not have been otherwise able to. 

Someone in my big money league dropped Lamar Jackson. Sure, he may ultimately not give me anything, but the upside was too great to not take a shot. The problem is, it's a 2 QB league with a max roster spot of 3. This is a problem because I have Fields (on bye this week), Lawrence (Questionable going into sunday) and Brady. I went ahead and dropped Brady to pick up Lamar, and I may just have to eat it this week, but since I already clinched, this game is pretty needless. 

• Like 1

In my big money, 2 QB league where I didn't have Justin fields or Lamar available, Jonathan Taylor on a bye, decided to bench saquon, and had treylon Burks and Dallas goedert hurt, I was still the highest scoring team of the week. 

I'm going to be so pissed if I don't win this league this year. Haven't won it since the first year back in line 2015. Have made the 4 team playoffs every year but one and lose every year

The 1-seed in my big money league is literally coming down to the last game of the fantasy regular season tonight... and who finishes with more cumulative points scored on the season) (three teams will finish with the same record.

I came into the week with an 11-point deficit.

Going into tonight, all three of us are comfortably winning our matchups, I've put up 69 pts with Nuk Hopkins still to play.
The guy who was the 2-seed coming in put up 63 pts and has finished his week.
The 1-seed coming in (the guy I was 11 points behind) has put up 52 so far, but has Hollywood Brown and the Pats D/ST to play.

And, at least by Yahoo's projections, he'll finish at 65 this week, I'll finish at 75, which means he'd win the regular season by a single point.  Granted it's Yahoo's projections, but still...

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Had a 10 point lead going into yesterdays game. I had Nuk Hopkins my opponent had James Conner. Ended up losing because of nuks fumbles which knocked me outta the playoffs. lol Oh well.

Try having Nuk, the guy you're trying to catch having New England's defense, and the 10 point swing that resulted from the play taking you 2 points out from making the mark you needed to make.  I feel your pain.

Out of my 60+ DraftKings teams, I have 5 in the playoffs. These are $5 entry teams. 855,000 user poll, around 150,000 in the playoffs. Only the top 2 from every league made the playoffs. Playoffs are the next three weeks. Grand Prize 1 Million.

Out of my five teams, this is probably my favorite team remaining:

QB:

Jalen Hurts

Trevor Lawrence

Taysom Hill

RB:

Joe Mixon

Kenneth Walker III

Marlon Mack

Kenyan Drake

James Robinson

Breece Hall

WR:

CeeDee Lamb

Terry McLaurin

Devonta Smith

Christian Kirk

Jameson Williams

Christian Watson

Robert Woods

Sammy Watkins

Laquon Treadwell

TE:

George Kittle

Hayden Hurst

Come on 1 Million...

2 hours ago, BillSabre said:

With playoffs starting I have a question for everyone.  Do you start your studs regardless or will you take matchup into consideration at this point? It’s win or go home so decision making is amplified. 

Based on my experience with this, I lean yes.......

Give you a short history lesson. 2012, Frank Gore was playing NE on the road, NE was basically top three in pts allowed to RBs. I benched him for wait for it.. Bryce Brown who was playing on TNF vs Cincy. Well, Gore scored 29 and Brown barely got to 13. The 16 pt difference, lost me the match and also lost me a title. My team outscored everyone else that was still in the playoffs. 

However, I am in a dilemma this year where do I start Ken Walker on a short week, coming off an injury vs SF or do I pivot and go with JK Dobbins. My RB dilemma doesn't stop there. I also have David Montgomery who I've played basically every week but he gets PHI and can be phased out if PHI goes up big and early. 

So at this point, I am stuck trying to pick between Ken Walker, Monty, Cam Akers or Dobbins. 

Anyways, I guess it all depends on who your studs are. Are they matchup proof/gamescript proof RBs? or are they RBs like Monty and Walker who have terrible matchups and don't get the passing usage like a CMC?

I love how people in my Triple Crown (auction dynasty) league don't seem to want to use their IR slots to hold done-for-the-season studs.  Well, not all the folks, but enough to keep me consistently in the playoffs year after year, and currently in back-to-back #1 seeds trying to accomplish back-to-back championships.

Got the bye week, and I'm going to be streaming a TE in the playoffs regardless (without a ton of great options, but I've got one or two that I may make some Saturday night moves for just to sure-up)... so, I went IR shopping.

I already has Breece Hall on my IR from a mid-season trade and I just added Javonte Williams (for a $2 keeper price) off of waivers and slotted him into my open IR slot.

So, with a realization that I'll likely be heavy auction shopping in the QB market (and probably the TE market) next season, my 7 hold-overs will come from:

RB: Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Alvin Kamara, Travis Etienne, (Zonovan Knight)
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Davante Adams, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave

In a .5pt PPR league (2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex)

Early projection is to hold all 4 wideouts and if Breece and Javonte are on-schedule with their recoveries come draft time I'll be making the decision on Kamara (likely going to see the suspension from the Vegas/Pro Bowl stuff from this year tacked onto the start of next season's games) vs Etienne; while having the option of holding Knight to act as a buffer to Breece's return.  And charge hard at likely QB's to not be kept (guys on teams that are doubled-up, but holding obvious studs) like Dak or Cousins.