Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

12 team superflex, 0.5 ppr

Up 7.9 points.

I have Brady, Christian Watson, Denver D

Vs

His Tua, Fournette, Hopkins

Projections have his group scoring about 4 points more than my group.

well, this league went about as poorly as 3 games could go today

Watson gets injured, had a nice day up to that point, but no action in the 2nd half and ends with 7.9 points

Denver D gets absolutely destroyed.   scores a -3.8 points

Brady now with 2 INT and 112 yards.... has a whopping -1.4 points 

I would have been better off not starting a Defense and a 2nd QB!!!!

#1 scoring team in the league, set the new league weekly high score by over 10%, and will put up my fewest points on the season in the semifinals (unless Brady goes off in the 4Q)

Edited by squire12

Lost in the championship because that's what my team does. 

This was like an all time fail too. There was one team that scored within 300 points of me this year and somehow my team decided this was the game to just collectively take a dump. I had 4 people exit the game early because of blow outs. My team didn't put up 100 points which was my lowest point total this year be over 30 points lol. 

justin jefferson - worst game of the year. 2 points

trevor lawrence - worst game of the year. 3 points

Saquon Barkley - second worst game of the year for me. 5 points. 

Travis Kelce - second worst game of the year. 11 points. 

SF Defense - Worst game of the year for me by faaaaaaaaaaaar (they did have a slightly worse performance in the game against the Chiefs, but I sat them in that one). -1 points. 

Made it to the finals in all 3 of my leagues.  Got blown out in one, up 55 with my opponent having Burrow tonight in another, and lost bc I started Minshew over Brady last second in my big money league.  Still walking away with 1500ish but damn that Brady decision is going to eat at me for a while. 

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

After week 3 I traded Ekeler for Swift. I won the ship while the guy I traded Ekeler to ended up in last place. Go figure… 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I did something like that last year when I traded Jonathan Taylor pretty early in the season. I lost the championship last year though

My biggest disappointment of the year was not keeping ARSB instead of Deebo in my big money league.  It would have been a few rounds cheaper to keep him and then a few rounds cheaper to keep him again next year.  I wanted to and everyone here called me crazy so I didn't trust my gut.  I ended up getting the last pick in the first round and went with Kelce and Swift.  I wouldnt have gone Swift if I had ARSB since I didnt want to be Lions dependent and would have likely drafted Tyreke Hill.  I would have won the league again if I did that and instead missed the playoffs.  

My other league I was riding high as well and then Hollywood Brown got hurt, then Breece Hall got hurt, and then Chase got hurt, and then Mark Andrews got hurt and stopped producing.  Was a disappointing finish to a good team.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My biggest disappointment of the year was not keeping ARSB instead of Deebo in my big money league.  It would have been a few rounds cheaper to keep him and then a few rounds cheaper to keep him again next year.  I wanted to and everyone here called me crazy so I didn't trust my gut.  I ended up getting the last pick in the first round and went with Kelce and Swift.  I wouldnt have gone Swift if I had ARSB since I didnt want to be Lions dependent and would have likely drafted Tyreke Hill.  I would have won the league again if I did that and instead missed the playoffs.  

My other league I was riding high as well and then Hollywood Brown got hurt, then Breece Hall got hurt, and then Chase got hurt, and then Mark Andrews got hurt and stopped producing.  Was a disappointing finish to a good team.  

I hate myself for fading ARSB this past year... I didn't really think he was gonna keep up the productivity from the end of his rookie season.

• Like 1

So, the league (my big money league) that I was stacked in and playing for the 1-seed in the final week of the regular season... lost out on the 1-seed by cumulative point total, my team faceplanted Week 1 of the playoffs and only put up 33 points; 1 and done.

My Triple Crown league that I was effectively in my punt year: 1st round bye, smoked my opponent in the semi-final, and cruised to a back-to-back championship in Week 17.  And now I'm sitting on Breece, Javonte, Olave, Jameson Williams, and Etienne all as $5 or less keepers next year (throw in Allgeier too (who at least looks poised for a heavy touch-count behind a solid OL in a run-heavy offense... barring any premium FA or draft additions), with Ceedee still at a modest cost well below AAC, and I can go heavy after QB and TE in the auction, or even keeper Goff relatively cheap and stream between him and other guys that present themselves until a permanent option arises.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:55 PM, Dr LBC said:

So, the league (my big money league) that I was stacked in and playing for the 1-seed in the final week of the regular season... lost out on the 1-seed by cumulative point total, my team faceplanted Week 1 of the playoffs and only put up 33 points; 1 and done.

My Triple Crown league that I was effectively in my punt year: 1st round bye, smoked my opponent in the semi-final, and cruised to a back-to-back championship in Week 17.  And now I'm sitting on Breece, Javonte, Olave, Jameson Williams, and Etienne all as $5 or less keepers next year (throw in Allgeier too (who at least looks poised for a heavy touch-count behind a solid OL in a run-heavy offense... barring any premium FA or draft additions), with Ceedee still at a modest cost well below AAC, and I can go heavy after QB and TE in the auction, or even keeper Goff relatively cheap and stream between him and other guys that present themselves until a permanent option arises.

Thats a solid turn of events.  Goff for cheap would definitely be keeper worthy IMO.  Allgeier is completely dependent on what they add at RB this offseason.  He improved with a bigger workload and should have the job but very well could be in a committee.  Is there a limit on how many you can keep or a dollar amount for keepers?

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats a solid turn of events.  Goff for cheap would definitely be keeper worthy IMO.  Allgeier is completely dependent on what they add at RB this offseason.  He improved with a bigger workload and should have the job but very well could be in a committee.  Is there a limit on how many you can keep or a dollar amount for keepers?

Realistically, he'd be an RB3 on a PPR team that only requires me to start 2 RB's per week.  And if the Falcons do draft another RB (though given the fact that Allgeier wasn't their only rookie runner this year, I don't think he's a prime candidate to get "Michael Carter'd" even in an Arthur Smith team), I do have Jamaal Williams who I could keep at like $5 to fill that role - presuming Swift either sticks with his penchant for picking up pesky injuries or that penchant is enough to keep the Lions from giving him a stranglehold on goal-line carries.

We keep 8 total.  And the value kept is at draft/auction/FAAB bid amount for the first year kept and then an additional $5 for each year past that kept - with a max of the ESPN AAV (average auction value).  I'm not opposed to keeping Davante at what would be the AAV next season (because he'd hit it in amount required), but I was trying to set myself up to where I could turn him loose and not be hurting badly.  Basically, if the Raiders get Jimmy G or someone similar to QB, I may have to actually consider keeping him again, just because Adams is the kind of WR that Jimmy has funneled the ball to historically.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 4:55 PM, Dr LBC said:

I'd probably keep Goff unless there's a significant upgrade available. He was QB10 on the year and QB5 during weeks 12-17. With Ben Johnson returning and Jameson Williams being set to step into a full time role I think he's poised for another really good year.