2022 NBA Fantasy Draft: Draft Begins Wed!!!!

NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Need to see who I nab with my last two picks but considering...

PG - Trae Young | Marcus Smart

SG - Terance Mann | Anfernee Simons

SF - OG Anunoby | Marcus Morris

PF - Zion Williamson | Jae Crowder

C - Myles Turner | Bobby Portis

Regardless of what the haters say I like how my team ended up. 

Trae and Zion are two of the most productive and dynamic offensive players in the league and despite their lack of defense I think I did a good job of surrounding them with long, versatile guys that can shoot/defend. I think I'm going to move Marcus Smart into a 6th man role so that he can play more with the ball in his hands and isn't forced to just be a spacer for Zion/Trae. Mann solidified himself as a solid role player this season, is a decent shooter, versatile defender, and gives me slightly more size/length and rebounding ability on the wing. I like OG as a third option that can hit 3's at a nice clip and provide top tier defense. Turner isn't great but I love how he fits with my group, his ability to space the floor compliments Zion and he's also a solid lob threat for Trae. More importantly though he's arguably the best shot blocker in the league which would ideally help mask some of Trae/Zion's defensive struggles. 

I like Smart leading the second unit as a guy that has been an effective playmaker for Boston this year and obviously he's a lock down defender. Simons gives me another guard that can play with the ball in his hands and hits 3's at a high clip, he came into his own this year averaging 17 PPG/40% 3PFG. He's not good defensively but I don't think that it'd be an issue as I'd just stagger Mann/Smart/Trae/Simons to ensure I always have at least one guard that can defend on the floor. Morris gives me another big, versatile forward that can stretch the floor, create his own offense, and has switchability defensively. Crowder provides another versatile defender that can space the floor so I like the switchability of those two off the bench. Portis as my backup 5 gives me another guy that can get some buckets, space the floor, rebound, and defend. 

My team is versatile enough on both ends to go big or small depending on the matchup and I think would shoot and defend at a high level. Would just need Trae/Zion to be the 29/27 ppg guys they've shown they can be.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I appreciate all of the suggestions for when we run this back.

I like the idea of a 12 man decades draft. 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s can only take 3 guys from each decade.  Drafts open to all decades you pick your guy and the year you want him just have to grab 3 from each. Same player can’t be drafted twice.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I like the idea of a 12 man decades draft. 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s can only take 3 guys from each decade.  Drafts open to all decades you pick your guy and the year you want him just have to grab 3 from each. Same player can’t be drafted twice.

I'd be in for that.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

G Cade Cunningham, Patty Mills

G Dame Lillard, Malik Monk

F Paul George, RJ Barrett

F John Collins, Tobias Harris, Brandon Clarke

C Mitchell Robinson, Okongwu

Id like some construction criticism.

I think defense would be your biggest issue tbh. Dame/Collins don't defend, Cade is average defensively, and Robinson is a solid rim protector but not great overall defensively. 

George, Dame, Collins, and Cade are a nice foursome offensively and I like that you have 3 perimeter players that are effective on or off ball. Mills and Monk are both pretty bad defensively but can be spark plugs as scorers/shooters off the bench. I think your second unit would be a little wacky with Tobias and Barrett potentially both being ball stoppers.

Edited by NYRaider

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think defense would be your biggest issue tbh. Dame/Collins don't defend, Cade is average defensively, and Robinson is a solid rim protector but not great overall defensively. 

That’s fair.  At pick 16 I had to take what I could get.  Plus I took RJ and Harris to go deep with wing depth and didn’t take a Center till my 8th pick.  Honestly my best lineup might be Collins at the 5 and one of RJ or Harris starting over Robinson.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

G Cade Cunningham, Patty Mills

G Dame Lillard, Malik Monk

F Paul George, RJ Barrett

F John Collins, Tobias Harris, Brandon Clarke

C Mitchell Robinson, Okongwu

Id like some construction criticism.

Between Cade/Dame/PG you have a ton of playmaking starting which is good for your other two starters. I'd worry about you having too many guys who need the ball in their hands to be successful though.

• Like 1