2022 NBA Fantasy Draft: Draft Begins Wed!!!!

NYRaider

20 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I’d like to hear overall thoughts on my team?

My goal was to go guard heavy, a lot of 3-guard rotations. And original goal was to take Draymond at the 5, but had to go with Adebayo who I’m a huge fan of.

My self critiques:

-definitely took Klay a little too early but he’s one of my favorite players and still a 20 ppg near 40% 3pt shooter who I think can effectively still guard bigger wings. I think he’s still a very good player

-took Davion too early but again maybe my favorite player in the league after Luka, plus he’s an elite defender, one I truly believe is a top 5 in the league who will become a better shooter. Had no issue grabbing that as my backup PG.

-I think the lack of shooting at the 5 can be an argument against me, but with Bam that’s fine. I believe Adams’ value as an offensive rebounder and elite screener for Steph, Poole, Klay is extremely valuable in a backup role.

I think I got an absolute steal in Cam Johnson and Vassell at their picks. I also think my bench is pretty damn good and fits really well together, basing off the final 2 pieces I add. I think Gordon is an odd player but fits extremely well with my team makeup.

This has been really fun. Thanks for having me in this.

You still have two more picks to go my boy, I'll do assessments on everyone once rosters are completed. Who would you plan on starting?

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

For future reference you should wait to do the 2 deep picks until everyone's had a chance to take 10 players.  I'm currently sitting with 8 players on my roster and my last pick was way back at 113. 

Everyone was supposed to have 8 players and then the last two rounds were two players each and then somehow it got split into individual picks so people started trading them.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Everyone was supposed to have 8 players and then the last two rounds were two players each and then somehow it got split into individual picks so people started trading them.

I think the pick 2 should be in the opposite direction first. Those who had the top picks in the draft shouldn't get a two round advantage late.  I know these guys aren't making or breaking a team but depth is the thing that can overcome lack of top 5 players on a roster. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like that lineup the only critique I'd have is that Curry is really the only guy that can consistently create his own offense off the dribble.

That’s fair. I think Poole will play a ton though so in the end for closing lineups there will be an additional.

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think the pick 2 should be in the opposite direction first. Those who had the top picks in the draft shouldn't get a two round advantage late.  I know these guys aren't making or breaking a team but depth is the thing that can overcome lack of top 5 players on a roster. 

Ya, basically I got no stars and I'm going to have only scraps left to choose from for depth. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

on top of that some people like me also get nearly last pick in the coach round 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Noted for the next time we do one of these for sure.

Just now, amac said:

on top of that some people like me also get nearly last pick in the coach round 

Yeah, I would just flip the draft order for the coach order too.  I think we all know that this is likely going to come down to a Giannis vs Luka or something comp because all of the matchups will be, teams are even but Giannis is the best player so I am going to pick his team.  Add in a top coach and its lights out. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, I would just flip the draft order for the coach order too.  I think we all know that this is likely going to come down to a Giannis vs Luka or something comp because all of the matchups will be, teams are even but Giannis is the best player so I am going to pick his team.  Add in a top coach and its lights out. 

We can flip the coach order if you guys want to do that. @amac

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I was actually trying to trade up for Caruso. One of the best guard defenders in the NBA, he was 3rd in deflections per36, of guards had the 2nd most screen assists after Curry, has had a positive on/off every year in the NBA in the reg szn and playoffs, career 37% 3pt shooter, had 4 assists to 1.4 TOs this year. Just a really good role player. 

i was 100% gonna take him and then was like ****... i should probably get one more big... but i was locked in on him and then just abandoned the idea since my next pick was so far away.