2022 NBA Fantasy Draft: Draft Begins Wed!!!!

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We can flip the coach order if you guys want to do that. @amac

I don’t think it’s gonna make a huge difference but I think it’s more fair that way. The better way is just to let people draft coaches during the normal rounds where they see fit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I’d like to hear overall thoughts on my team?

My goal was to go guard heavy, a lot of 3-guard rotations. And original goal was to take Draymond at the 5, but had to go with Adebayo who I’m a huge fan of.

My self critiques:

-definitely took Klay a little too early but he’s one of my favorite players and still a 20 ppg near 40% 3pt shooter who I think can effectively still guard bigger wings. I think he’s still a very good player

-took Davion too early but again maybe my favorite player in the league after Luka, plus he’s an elite defender, one I truly believe is a top 5 in the league who will become a better shooter. Had no issue grabbing that as my backup PG.

-I think the lack of shooting at the 5 can be an argument against me, but with Bam that’s fine. I believe Adams’ value as an offensive rebounder and elite screener for Steph, Poole, Klay is extremely valuable in a backup role.

I think I got an absolute steal in Cam Johnson and Vassell at their picks. I also think my bench is pretty damn good and fits really well together, basing off the final 2 pieces I add. I think Gordon is an odd player but fits extremely well with my team makeup.

This has been really fun. Thanks for having me in this.

I like your team. It's weirdly built but good. You have a ton of shooting and playmaking, which combined with Steph and Bam makes things very interesting offensively. Plus Bam is one of the best defensive bigs around especially at switching.

The issues would be Klay way too early, and I don't think Lonzo is as good defensively as you think he is. Especially being tasked to be your #1 wing defender. It's also a good thing you have excellent passers because outside of Steph your team offers very little rim pressure.

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I like your team. It's weirdly built but good. You have a ton of shooting and playmaking, which combined with Steph and Bam makes things very interesting offensively. Plus Bam is one of the best defensive bigs around especially at switching.

The issues would be Klay way too early, and I don't think Lonzo is as good defensively as you think he is. Especially being tasked to be your #1 wing defender. It's also a good thing you have excellent passers because outside of Steph your team offers very little rim pressure.

Yeah I definitely get that. I wanted to have a team full of shooters and think I definitely accomplished that. Had a few spots both early and middle of the draft where I had some big wings/slashers in mind but opted to just stick to my original vision.

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Yeah I definitely get that. I wanted to have a team full of shooters and think I definitely accomplished that. Had a few spots both early and middle of the draft where I had some big wings/slashers in mind but opted to just stick to my original vision.

I get it. I did the same thing. I missed out on one guy that really would've put my team up a level but otherwise I stayed true to my original vision. Your team is an interesting matchup for a lot of teams.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I get it. I did the same thing. I missed out on one guy that really would've put my team up a level but otherwise I stayed true to my original vision. Your team is an interesting matchup for a lot of teams.

I also wanted to mainly do this to build a team on 2k that I just got and try to start playing a season with it. Been pretty fun so far practicing with this unit and running plays, etc…

• Like 1

Need to see who I nab with my last two picks but considering...

PG - Trae Young | Marcus Smart

SG - Terance Mann | Anfernee Simons

SF - OG Anunoby | Marcus Morris

PF - Zion Williamson | Jae Crowder

C - Myles Turner | Bobby Portis

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Need to see who I nab with my last two picks but considering...

PG - Trae Young | Marcus Smart

SG - Terance Mann | Anfernee Simons

SF - OG Anunoby | Marcus Morris

PF - Zion Williamson | Jae Crowder

C - Myles Turner | Bobby Portis

This looks like a team you would get in a 40 team draft.

• Like 2