2022 NBA Fantasy Draft: Draft Begins Wed!!!!

NYRaider

PG - Tyrese Halliburton 
SG - Donovan Mitchell
SF - Jimmy Butler
PF - Herb Jones
C - Deandre Ayton

Bench:
G - Collin Sexton
Wing - Matisse Thybulle
F/C - Lauri Markkenan
F/C - Chris Boucher
PG - Immanuel Quickley
SG - Malik Beasley
SF - Josh Hart

I probably should have grabbed another big in that last round but figured I could go smaller depending on matchups.  I have a solid starting group both offensively and defensively.  I have three starters that can initiate the offense and get buckets on their own if needed. Same with the rotation off the bench.  If we need a spark offensively we would run Sexton out more and if we need a defensive stopper we can throw Thybulle in.  For not having an elite top 5-7 player I am quite happy with how it turned out.  I would pretty much be running an 8/9 man rotation but also have solid role players in Hart (defender/rebounder who can score), Beasley (39% 3 point shooter), and Quickley (floor general who can score) that can come in and contribute in their roles if needed for a few minutes a game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

She done

PG - Trae Young | Marcus Smart

SG - Terance Mann | Anfernee Simons

SF OG Anunoby | Marcus Morris | Chris Duarte

PF - Zion Williamson | Jae Crowder

C - Myles Turner | Bobby Portis | Precious Achiuwa

I think this team is constructed well, but still has some questions.  Zion I know you have discussed but he has had major weight issues which make it hard to conclude if he will come back like he was over a year ago.  He doesn't have the history to support him coming back as good as he was.   

I do think you put solid pieces around Trae Young to hide him defensively but probably could use more offense around him.  I would have grabbed another PG at some point so Smart could play more at the 2 along side Young but he is your only other option as an initiator.  

I like what you have down low for depth.  Crowder and Portis are both solid defenders who can score enough to not be liabilities on that end and both have a little range to spread the floor. I definitely was targeting them and you sniped them just before I could grab them.  

Overall its a really good team.  I think you got a steal with Young in the second as he is probably a top 15 player. I would have taken him over Harden, Zion, George and KAT without considering other picks made by those guys and would have debated between he and Lillard as Dame has been about as much of a liability on D the last two years and Young distributes better.  I thought for a second about trying to trade up for him but know last time my team suffered with moving up.   

jaden was the best wing defender i could think of left, he should be a big minutes guy next year (if he stops fouling). he was a big reason ja and jjj were bad v the wolves (both shot 39% from the field, bane was actually their leading scorer that series and they had to switch mcd onto him to slow bane down)

caruso was 3rd in deflections, melton was 4th (iirc gary payton jr and thybulle were 1 & 2). melton is very good defensive player, great rebounder (7 rebs/36), solid passer and good 3pt shooter.

Edited by 11sanchez11

20 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

jaden was the best wing defender i could think of left, he should be a big minutes guy next year (if he stops fouling). he was a big reason ja and jjj were bad v the wolves (both shot 39% from the field, bane was actually their leading scorer that series and they had to switch mcd onto him to slow bane down)

caruso was 3rd in deflections, melton was 4th (iirc gary payton jr and thybulle were 1 & 2). melton is very good defensive player, great rebounder (7 rebs/36), solid passer and good 3pt shooter.

Wanna see Melton get traded somewhere he can get a little uptick in minutes

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like what you have down low for depth.  Crowder and Portis are both solid defenders who can score enough to not be liabilities on that end and both have a little range to spread the floor. I definitely was targeting them and you sniped them just before I could grab them.  

That was the biggest thing for me after I took Trae/Zion, I knew that I needed versatile guys that could space and defend. I think Portis, Crowder, Mann, Morris, OG, Precious, Turner, and Smart give me a ton of defensive versatility. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

PG - Kyrie Irving | Pat Beverly | Markelle Fultz

SG - Tyrese Maxey | Jordan Clarkson | Victor Oladipo

SF - LeBron James | Will Barton

PF - Draymond Green | Kevin Love

C - Nikola Vucevic | JaVale McGee

Interesting... @KhanYouDigIt

If ur gonna post my team, make sure it’s the right lineup you bum.