2022 Rookie Mini camp, OTA, Training Camp Thread

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

What about special teams?

I think it’s the wrinkle he adds to the offense. When he’s out there and in motion, defense need to account for him. 4 of his 9 rushes went for 1st downs. 13 of his 20 receptions did as well. Not bad for the teams 5th WR. 

I think if he can be the primary punt returner and improves his ball security on punt returns he is a lock. If he struggles and Stevenson shows more promise on punt returns I think it will be a closer competition than most people think.

6 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think if he can be the primary punt returner and improves his ball security on punt returns he is a lock. If he struggles and Stevenson shows more promise on punt returns I think it will be a closer competition than most people think.

I agree with that. Stevenson has two things going for him over McKenzie and that’s contract and age. 

But I also think they’ll be competing for different spots at WR, so maybe both find a way into the roster 

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with that. Stevenson has two things going for him over McKenzie and that’s contract and age. 

But I also think they’ll be competing for different spots at WR, so maybe both find a way into the roster 

Do you think they keep 7? History shows Beane typically keeps 6 WR.

Some interesting battles on the OL

Who's the swing Guard? 
Who's the swing tackle?
Who's the backup C?
Can Ryan Bates play at that level for a full season?

Interesting question for the season....we are all hoping and expecting a 3rd year breakout from Davis now that he's a starter. But does Knox actually slide in as the number 2 passing target in this offense?

On 7/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Some interesting battles on the OL

Who's the swing Guard? 
Who's the swing tackle?
Who's the backup C?
Can Ryan Bates play at that level for a full season?

Interesting question for the season....we are all hoping and expecting a 3rd year breakout from Davis now that he's a starter. But does Knox actually slide in as the number 2 passing target in this offense?

Ford

Doyle

Ike

Probably

Only day 2 but some interesting notes about the WR room:

McKenzie is getting all first team reps in the slot. Not in the rotation for KR

Stevenson is first on the rotation for KR

Shakir has apparently looked good and adjust his body well to off target throws. He’s 4th in the rotation for KR

Crowder was on a stationary bike today. Did not practice.