How long should a coach have tenure on a team?

Championshiporbust

this seems more like a Coughlin thread than a Carrol thread.

I don't know how much responsibility a single head coach bears when they are at the mercy of ownership, draft results, injuries and X, Y & Z

often coaches are paired with their star QBs

if Eli hangs it up maybe Coughlin gets a lot more done

he did beat the presumed GOAT twice

he's a HOF coach isn't he?? how many possibly better coaches take the jobs of HOFers

Pete did nothing wrong

On 5/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, CP3MVP said:

Well in regards to Pete there is this idea that the last 5 years he’s been coasting off past reputation and Russell Wilson’s greatness.

I'm honestly surprised that he decided to stick around in what looks like a rebuild.

On 5/15/2022 at 12:07 AM, NYRaider said:

The Seahawks have been to 2 Super Bowls, won one, and had 9 consecutive winning seasons. So whatever he's doing, it has led to results, they've been one of the most winningest teams in the league since they hired him. 

I hate to support you as a Raiders fan, but you seem to be alone on an island here and you are 100% correct. 

Double digit wins 8/12 years with 2 super bowl appearances should probably buy you some leeway lol. They were 12-4 two years ago, ffs lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I hate to support you as a Raiders fan, but you seem to be alone on an island here and you are 100% correct. 

Double digit wins 8/12 years with 2 super bowl appearances should probably buy you some leeway lol. They were 12-4 two years ago, ffs lol.

It'll be interesting to see how both Tomlin and Carroll do this year without the HOF QB they've had basically during their entire tenures.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It'll be interesting to see how both Tomlin and Carroll do this year without the HOF QB they've had basically during their entire tenures.

I wonder what the expectations are for both of these coaches, given the circumstances.

Meaning - If they are upset about not winning a SB in the last 10 years or whatever because they had HOF QB talent, Are these fanbases going to be happy or excited for a 9-8  or a 10-7 season under Lock/Pickett? Because arguably that would be a great accomplishment, no?

13 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I wonder what the expectations are for both of these coaches, given the circumstances.

Meaning - If they are upset about not winning a SB in the last 10 years or whatever because they had HOF QB talent, Are these fanbases going to be happy or excited for a 9-8  or a 10-7 season under Lock/Pickett? Because arguably that would be a great accomplishment, no?

I think it would depend. Particularly in the case of Pickett/Steelers.

If Pickett were to have a great rookie year under Tomlin and the Steelers finished 9-8 I think most Steelers fans would probably be very excited for what is to come next.

Drew Lock probably is what he is at this point but if a bunch of Seattle rookies played really well and they went 9-8 as a result of that it would also be pretty exciting.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Yeah it would be considering the other 3 teams in both of their divisions have established QB's and are all going to be aiming for the playoffs/Super Bowl.

13 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I think it would depend. Particularly in the case of Pickett/Steelers.

If Pickett were to have a great rookie year under Tomlin and the Steelers finished 9-8 I think most Steelers fans would probably be very excited for what is to come next.

Drew Lock probably is what he is at this point but if a bunch of Seattle rookies played really well and they went 9-8 as a result of that it would also be pretty exciting.

Agreed. The Steelers are in a different spot because they just drafted Pickett to be the QB of the future and have a young core of skill position players around him to develop going forward with Diontae, Claypool, Pat, Pickens, Najee, and Austin. 

Drew Lock might not even start for the Seahawks this year and I'd be shocked if he's the starter going forward after this season.