Veterans Free Agents that could help Packers in 2022.

jleisher

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Out of all the names out there, why Carlos Dunlap?  I didn't think he did much in the last 2 years.

Sell me on him?

He got 8.5 sacks with the seahawks last year. You want a vet pass rusher. Thats my guy. Been steady 8 sack guy forever. Dont have to worry about an edge and you can rush him inside in pressure package.

100% hes in the last few of his career but guys been around forever im sure hes got some stuff to teach our young dudes. 

Edited by HighCalebR

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He got 8.5 sacks with the seahawks last year. You want a vet pass rusher. Thats my guy. Been steady 8 sack guy forever. Dont have to worry about an edge and you can rush him inside in pressure package.

100% hes in the last few of his career but guys been around forever im sure hes got some stuff to teach our young dudes. 

Interesting.  I thought he was an 8.5 tackles last year guy versus 8.5 sacks last year.

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

Honestly, I think our WR is already set.  Sure, we're leaning on the rookies a bit, but we have our highest WR pick since Jordy and two in the later rounds that may be steals.  Even if only one of those two hit (my money is on Doubs), we have Lazard, Watkins, Watson, Cobb, Rodgers, Doubs/Toure.  Unless Rodgers really whiffed and/or Cobb lost too much from last year (either of which are possible), I'd rather wait to see how the rookies do first.

This still frightens me. If Lazard went down in camp with an ACL tear (knock on wood), we'd be royally screwed

6 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

This still frightens me. If Lazard went down in camp with an ACL tear (knock on wood), we'd be royally screwed

I don't think we would be screwed, they would still go out and get a guy most likely. Lazard is better than people think, but he doesn't move the needle THAT much.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Perfect amigo for what were looking for and hungry for a ring.

He's long, right?  Like long arms?  More of a power guy like Preston?  Not a quick get the edge kind of guy?

I honestly can't remember much of anything about him.

Spotrac has us at $16.7M of available space, after they JA in there.

I saw Watkins, Wyatt, Rhyan...didn't see the others just yet.

But, if you take those off of the cap, and you remove say $7M for carryover, that should still give us a solid 7.5M+ if we wanted to use it.

I think Clowney played for $8M last year.

Jpp had a cap hit of $12.8M last year.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He's long, right?  Like long arms?  More of a power guy like Preston?  Not a quick get the edge kind of guy?

I honestly can't remember much of anything about him.

Yes very long arms. Like 34+". Heavy dude. Plays through his guy. Guy can step into the rotation of our dudes seamlessly.

Plus hes older than I am so that makes me feel nice.

• Like 2

We have a WR room that falls into two distinct catergories:
Category A: tendancy to be injured - Cobb, Watkins, Lazard
Category B: the inexperienced - Rodgers, Watkins, Doubs and Toure.

Adding another vet will just add to the rotation of the oft injured players, so I'm imagining we'll never have 7 available WRs and thus it won't upset the roster balance.

And you guessed it, the only decent availabe WRs in FA all have a tendancy to be injured: Julio, Fuller, OBJ and TY Hilton, so they would fit in perfectly.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

We have a WR room that falls into two distinct catergories:
Category A: tendancy to be injured - Cobb, Watkins, Lazard
Category B: the inexperienced - Rodgers, Watkins, Doubs and Toure.

Adding another vet will just add to the rotation of the oft injured players, so I'm imagining we'll never have 7 available WRs and thus it won't upset the roster balance.

And you guessed it, the only decent availabe WRs in FA all have a tendancy to be injured: Julio, Fuller, OBJ and TY Hilton, so they would fit in perfectly.

*Watson

Until, of course, all four of the injury prone are out for the same critical three game stretch while still taking up roster spots.